Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, considering a set of KING shocks (have them on reserve already). I am planning to lift my SAS by 1 inch from what it is now.

BUT - if I wanted to put 37 inch tires.....How high (the minimum) would I have to lift it in order for me to still keep the stock, plastic wheel FENDER FLARES on and not rub them?

EDIT: Now that i think about it....A bigger concern would the the inner fender liners. They would have to be replaced as well in order to accommodate those size tires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Few factors here… first you have to consider wheel backspacing. 0 offset wheels with 4.75” backspacing seems to do well.

second thing is, if you care about rubbing at ride height, or at all heights. If you just care about ride height rubbing (around town not flexing offroad), 1-2” of lift done in any way will do fine. You’ll just have to remove the plastic blocks behind your fender liner.

If you want it to not rub at all heights, you’ll likely need a spacer on top of the shock to give a new bump position for the wheel. Preloading the spring on an aftermarket shock or using perch collars wont change where the wheel rubs when it’s stuffed. If you use a spacer that’s more than ~0.25”, you shouldn’t use an aftermarket shock as it’s already longer than factory shocks. Using a spacer will make it even longer and more likely to blow a component.