Sponsored

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'll be my first Ford, so no loyalty or anything from me. Looked into getting an Explorer many years ago but decided for a fun Nissan 240SX instead.

I don't remember why I even watched the reveal, probably my son told me about it, but I was instantly sold and made my reservation that night, once I finally got through.

If it wasn't for Covid, I'd have a Rubicon in the driveway, was going to buy one in May of last year. The Bronco offers all that the Wrangler does and none of the things I was willing to overlook or live with on a Jeep.

If Toyota made this instead, I'd have a Toyota on order, my 19year old Taco has had zero problems/repairs. I'd also buy it as a Nissan or Honda.

It's nice it's made here, but that's not really something I pay much attention to. My Taco was actually also made here, in the building that now houses Tesla.

I'm really looking forward to the adventures the Bronco will make possible! There are only two cars that can offer these, and the Bronco is the better one by quite a bit IMO.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like Fords. I drove a Toyota and they put the controls on the wrong side of the steering wheel. The nerve.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
How important is it to you that this is a Ford product?
Not one bit. Not a Ford guy, not a *insert brand name* guy about anything.

If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
Yep, 100%. The fact this has the Ford and horse logo means absolutely nothing to me. It's just a different doors and top off 2 door off roader. That's all I'm looking for.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep they are, But you gotta ask the service guys for it.:cool:

Slavic cars, who knows? They may pop up here or there. I really cant say I have ever seen a asian car that felt good, always thin, with cheesy drivetrains.

I really cant fathom the Bronco being a bad experience. I really dont care about the sales or service, since giving people money always hurts. Ford would really have to burn me bad, with boiling coolant for me to not prefer them. Even then I have to take in every amazing car they have made before.
If you ever get a chance to drive a Lexus F car with a V8 do it. It may change your mind, not the same experience as mustang ,but absolutely a blast to drive.

Also if we're going to talk about bad drive trains , we may want to talk about the mt82 ( I am a former sn197 owner )

Sponsored

Two71Broncos

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bought a 1971 Bronco in high school. Was a beater, 170 6 cylinder, held together with duct tape. But I loved it. Was totaled in an accident. Graduated and found another 71. This was not a beater. 302 3 speed column shift. Paint was oxidized but it was perfect. Had it for a few years. Needed the cash to buy first home so sold it. Lots of great memories with those two trucks. Looked off and on for years but never found what I was looking for and could afford.

This model comes and was super excited. What a mess since ordering. Dealing with slimy, crooked, uninformed dealer ( have a great one now ). More of a mess trying to change dealers, order got in just in time with extreme effort to make that happen.

I don’t want a Jeep or another clone. Will just sit back and watch the train wreck continue to take place. One day the dust will settle and I’ll be driving my Bronco across the Golden Gate Bridge heading home. Look forward to making new memories with the Family in the Bronco.

Jacobmic

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
Only if the VIN began with the number 1.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would be curious at least. Besides jeep and Land Rover who else sells a 2 door boxy suv?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you ever get a chance to drive a Lexus F car with a V8 do it. It may change your mind, not the same experience as mustang ,but absolutely a blast to drive.

Also if we're going to talk about bad drive trains , we may want to talk about the mt82 ( I am a former sn197 owner )
Yeah I dont even really mess with a car(except for his bronco) unless it has proven itself reliable for atleast 20 years. By that time most every asian car is just beat if it hasnt been scrapped already. Monday when I was in town I saw 5 different 92 to 96 F series trucks 3 were performing commercial work and 2 were daily drivers, I was in my 205,000 mile DD 96 Bronco. I've spent some time laying under a few new rangers in dealer lots. The chassis appears in proper order to me. I will have eyeball the multilink rear o the bronco before purchase but it should be right.

As for your transmission all modern alloy case transmissions are inherently weak, but they still beat autos who rely on pressure for movement. An old school ford toploader, truck or car, is a example of a quality ford product.

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have driven Fords all my life. I have never had a bad one! All have been reliable well made vehicles. I have wanted a Bronco since I was a child, but never had the opportunity to own one. Yes, it is very important to me that Ford brought the Bronco back. I have only owned one vehicle that was not a Ford. It was a Jeep Wrangler that was very disappointing! I had constant expensive mechanical problems with it. As soon as I heard Ford was bringing back the Bronco, I sold my Jeep and began saving my money for the new purchase. I have every confidence that I am going to love my Bronco, just like all the other Fords I have owned.

Sponsored

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it was a Toyota, I would keep it forever. Since it’s Ford, I’ll probably only keep it for so long.

Reactions: csj

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It'd still be awesome, but honestly not the same. I'm a ford guy and don't mind saying it.

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it was built by another company I wouldnt buy one

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Couldn't care less. It would have to be a Daewoo for me to not buy this particular vehicle.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would never consider it if it wasn’t produced by Ford. I’m such a Ford guy that all of my kids middle names are Ford.
Sponsored