Sponsored

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product?

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Zero impact for me. I like this specific vehicle in terms of design, utility and capabilities. If this were made by Toyota I would have also been interested.
Sponsored

GatesHarris

Base
First Name
Gates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA 4X4 Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a complicated issue, it seems to me.

As for "brand" loyalty, that is not really an issue for me: "Chevy/Ford" I don't get it.

Clearly, the Bronco is a concept that transcends the choices that are out there. That has nothing to do with Ford, any manufacturer could have done it.

What I don't understand is exactly what it is about the Bronco that has me waiting for a very long time for my new "truck"?

First, I want a small vehicle, a 2 dr. I'm 76 years old and value smallness, simplicity, and ability to park anywhere. I have way too much stuff and every time I get rid of some of it, I fell better.

Second, I just fell good driving a manual transmission. That leaves me with a choice between the Taco and the Bronco. I have a Taco and have grown to just adore it. For goodness sake, it has drum brakes in the rear! To confess, I typically shift it without the clutch once off the line. It makes me feel one with the vehicle. You have to have a clear mind and a calm heart, but it is a good feeling. And, no, I've been doing it for 50 years with all my vehicles, and never a mishap. It keeps my mind alive.

Third, the first thing I usually have to do with my trucks is to get some good, large tires and some proper shocks. The bronco/SAS comes with both of them. I understand the man who designed the Bronco,

Finally, it a very good looking design. Not really all that utilitarian, but looks good in the 2 dr. The 4 dr is handsome, but the 2 dr is just right for me.

I've had some great vehicles, from 1964 Volvo PV 544, Karmen Ghia, SAAB, BMWs, MBs, XTERRA, RAM HEMI, Porsche, and I expect this Bronco to stand with the best of them.

No brand loyalty here, but an old man saluting some Ford engineers designing a first class "truck".

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve never owned a Ford before. I bought my daughter a used escape many years ago and it was reliable and had no issues. The “Bronco” name was important to me, but it also had to deliver a vehicle worthy of the name. Ex. I would never buy a new blazer just for the name - it would also need to deiver in function and aesthetics (it’s sad they wasted that “brand” on a generic bubble). The Bronco deivered on many levels at once, which is why I bought it. It’s the first vehicle I was excited about in many, many years. History, aesthetics, top off, 4WD, lockers, sasquatch, IFS, different from everything else out there, the promise of future adventures and memories (have already made some)- a recipe for success. I’ve had it since February and still get excited to drive it - I hate driving any other vehicle.

Broncobama

Base
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Spark
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems like a lot of people haven’t seen the teaser photos of the new scout and are in for some disappointment…it’s nothing like the Bronco but closer to Rivian or The new Blazer.

https://insideevs.com/news/589759/vw-scout-electric-suv-pickup-rendering/amp/

This only confirms that it would not be anything close to the same vehicle if some other brand had developed it. It’s not just the design, it’s the heritage that comes with the previous generations which GM has lost sight of and VW will likely miss the mark on.
I appreciate how Ford didn’t take the bailout money in 2008. They have had plenty of failures and certainly botched the logistics of this vehicle rollout, but the design is just too good! Ask yourself how many times you have looked at bronco photos or built one on the website. 🤣

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It seems like a lot of people haven’t seen the teaser photos of the new scout and are in for some disappointment…it’s nothing like the Bronco but closer to Rivian or The new Blazer.

This only confirms that it would not be anything close to the same vehicle if some other brand had developed it. It’s not just the design, it’s the heritage that comes with the previous generations which GM has lost sight of and VW will likely miss the mark on.
I appreciate how Ford didn’t take the bailout money in 2008. They have had plenty of failures and certainly botched the logistics of this vehicle rollout, but the design is just too good! Ask yourself how many times you have looked at bronco photos or built one on the website. 🤣
Hmmm, I don't know, VW knows retro ... examples being the old new Beetle, the multiple generations of the GTI and of course the new ID Buzz electric van. I've had more VWs than Fords in my lifetime and have never bought a new Ford.

Now the Bronco has had a strong hold on me since I was a teenager and only Ford could be the one to bring it back. Currently driving an FJC and Toyota could have easily beaten Ford to the drawing board but it wouldn't be a Bronco and if they had I would still be sitting here waiting on my new Ford.

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could care less who made it.
Quality, fit, finish, reliability and cost makes my decision.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually - its the worst part of the Bronco if you ask me. FoMoCo is awful. They have terrible reliability, more recalls than any other manufacturer, they suck at warranty claims, their QC is garbage, their dealer network is full of scum of the earth.

But the Bronco and the design are perfect.

I wish a reliable and reputable car company manufactured it but here we are, left with Ford.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Well that sucks. The scout is one of the iconic 4WD vehicles out that we and anything else than a well crafted homage that’s been brought into the modern car era would be a friggin crime.

Do you have the bronco if not For the scout ?

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Basically, Ive learned from this whole process that Ford’s build quality and management of car sales straight sucks. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still excited for my bronco but jeeps hard tops dont suck and my tacoma has no issue with tie rods, blowing motors etc. Taco is lacking in power though which the Bronco isn’t.

Sponsored

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually - its the worst part of the Bronco if you ask me. FoMoCo is awful. They have terrible reliability, more recalls than any other manufacturer, they suck at warranty claims, their QC is garbage, their dealer network is full of scum of the earth.

But the Bronco and the design are perfect.

I wish a reliable and reputable car company manufactured it but here we are, left with Ford.
You just about wrapped it up perfectly. I grew up in the car industry and have always been partial to Toyota. Ford simply isn't in the same league when it comes to quality and reliability. This is my first Ford. I was really on the fence about buying it because, well, Fords are typically garbage. I'm in a market where 4x4s are not common so my choice was between the Bronco, Jeep, or Defender. Went with the Ford because I liked the design best and it seemed like the best value for the price. After about 6,000 miles, I'm hearing creaks here and there. Trim doesn't line up the way it should, and the speakers rattle. Yeah...it'd be a perfect car for me if only it were made by a more competent company.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh? That's like your wife says she wants another child but not by you? Would you be okay with it and help raise it?
lmao great analogy. My wife is invested in my brand of offspring as much as I am in the Ford brand.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I like the Bronco in spite of it being a Ford product. Ford's quality is non-existent at the moment. Believe it or not, I used to be a die hard Ford guy. They've lost me.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting one despite it being a ford. I had a 98 Exploder, I should know better.

Kodiak

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have never bought a Ford cause it was a Ford...I buy cars because I really like the car. My first ever car was a Mustang. I had a few options and the one we could afford that was in the best shape back then was an old used 4 cylinder Foxbody. It gave me freedom. Ever since then I have liked Mustangs.

I have had other brand cars. Ford had a quality issue there in the late 90s and early 2000s. Other companies just made better cars. Then around 2004-2005 Ford stepped up their game. They started putting better quality materials and building better quality cars. They knew they couldn't just rely on the name anymore. So, in that sense...being a Ford did mean something as I felt they were making better quality than other American cars.

With that said...if there was another car that I really wanted that wasn't a Ford...I'd still get it. American made is a plus but not a necessity. I try to take quality, style, company etc into account.

When it comes to the Bronco...I like the style. I own a home now and my 2016 Mustang just doesn't have the cargo space. When you go to Home Depot and try and load lumber and other stuff in the back...that trunk just doesn't cut it. I wanted a smaller but sporty SUV like a Wrangler. I almost got one but had a couple friends who had major mechanical issues with theirs. I was waiting for something similar. When the Bronco was announced I knew that was going to be my next vehicle. I am saving up now. It being a Ford is a bonus but it has a lot of what I was looking for and Ford for the most part has been pretty reliable lately.
Sponsored