Sponsored

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product?

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco stirs up some nostalgia for me. No brand loyalty to Ford.

As others have written, if I have to go American, I'm glad it's Ford. I don't think I could get on board with GM or Chrysler for something like this.

I'm a big fan of Asian dependability. I have had some sweet Land Cruisers. I currently have a Toyota with close to three bills and an Acura with over 2.

I like the novelty of a unique vehicle. When there are tons of new Broncos on the road, I'll probably sell.

If an Asian manufacturer made a boxy, retro-styled off-roader on a ladder frame chassis, I'd be interested. In other words, if they squared up the corners on the 4Runner and gave it a removable top, I'd drive that. The FJ Cruiser never did it for me.

I also have a lot of vintage stuff and those just suck to maintain. I'm hoping this factory-fresh vehicle is more dependable. But I do have concerns.

Turbo charged 2.3L in-line 4? That doesn't sound great. 7 speed manual trans? That sounds cool, until you hear that it cannot handle the torque numbers of the v-6. Back to concerned.

I'm in for the experience. The open air stuff seems better than anything out there. The electronic assist shit for off-raod is a negative for me.

We'll see how it goes. I suspect the demand around this thing is going to force other manufacturers to get involved and then we'll see if Ford holds on. But right now, it's Jeep or Bronco and I'll take Ford in that scenario.
Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand some of you older folks being nostalgic for the bronco, but I don't understand brand loyalty.

What do you gain as a consumer being loyal to a brand? Hell I am a ford stock holder and if another company has something that fits me needs or wants better I am going with that other company.

So to answer the question, it's not important to me at all.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean ignoring that it has to be a Ford to be a Bronco, if this exact vehicle or very similar in design and functionality was built by say Honda, Toyota, or a reputable manufacturer I'd be completely on board. I could not care less that this is made by Ford. There are some manufacturers I would avoid such as Nissan, Chevy (bad past experiences), or Mitsubishi, but I have zero allegiance to Ford and in general don't see why people get so excited about pledging allegiance to any multi-billion dollar corporation. It's weird to me.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
🤐

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
No, I would not buy the Bronco if it was not a Ford product. I bleed Ford blue.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only matters a little to me, because I've had a Mustang for the last decade and have had good experiences with it.

Some brands are kinda sketchy to me, but there's probably a dozen other makes I would have considered if they made an equivalent vehicle.

Don't care at all that it's built in America (don't kid yourself -- every modern vehicle has a heavily globalized supply chain) and don't care at all that it's called "Bronco". I like the features and the look.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m brand agnostic. My last ride was your mo… uh. Nissan. Now I have a Ford and an Audi.

I’m happy it’s a Ford vehicle but I’d probably buy it if it were Japanese as well. Function over form.
How’s the Audi been? Any “electrical gremlins” or is that a dated reputation?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
After my experience on this forum, I wish Toyota, Kia or Hyundai bought the rights to the Bronco name, and released it. That would be interesting.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want a Bronco, and Bronco is made by Ford. A “similar” product by another company would interest me, depending on how similar. I’d say it took Ford to really do the Bronco right.

I’m not brand-loyal, but I’ve always had good experiences with Ford vehicles. I just wish I had a different dealer locally. They are lucky they happen to be required in the process for me to buy a Bronco.

If another operator came out with something like a modernized but true version of the International Scout II (like a well-done update like the 2021 Bronco), I’d love it, regardless what brand name it has. Like, if Toyota bought the Scout rights.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How’s the Audi been? Any “electrical gremlins” or is that a dated reputation?
Rides like a dream. Zero issues thus far, but it’s a 2021. Not much time to break it yet.

It’s my wife’s car. I went with a Ranger Tremor for the time being until the Bronco arrives.

Sponsored

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
to me if this was a toyota or jeep either way i would have ordered it. the pricing and its capablities are on point for the money.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This will be the first Ford vehicle I've purchased. The car product lines just didn't appeal to me and when I was truck buying, a Dodge with CTD was cheaper and had the compromise Quadcab in lieu of a full on crew cab of Ford.

However, I'm nostalgic for Broncos as well as late 60s/early 70s Ford trucks. I remember the '75 in my garage when it was new. I have a fairly new Tacoma in my driveway that is a great truck...but it is on the block to be traded. I'm glad Ford is getting around to bringing the Bronco back. They should have done it years ago.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I couldn’t care less. Just sold my Jeep, we have a Tahoe and a RAM 3500 as well. I just like what i like. Lol.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, no one else produced a Bronco in 1966, so a little of the heritage might be lost if this were a Toyota Bronco.
Other than that, it's no big deal.
Sponsored