Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I had my heart set on a Badlands, but the interior options for some of the others are just NICE!

I drive an Audi Q5 now but fell in love with off-roading when I rented a rubicon in Sedona in August with my 4 (now 5) year old son.

I'm self-employed and DO plan on offroading with him or friends at least once a month or so.

That said, this is my daily driver, i DON'T drive a whole lot - but the sway bar disconnect on the Rubicon was great. For Moderate trails, Rocksteps etc (not hardcore rock crawling though) is the Sway Bar Still a good idea?

Just trying to figure out which direction I want to go. (Badlands, or maybe Outer Banks with Squatch?)

Thanks in advance! :cool:
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I had my heart set on a Badlands, but the interior options for some of the others are just NICE!

I drive an Audi Q5 now but fell in love with off-roading when I rented a rubicon in Sedona in August with my 4 (now 5) year old son.

I'm self-employed and DO plan on offroading with him or friends at least once a month or so.

That said, this is my daily driver, i DON'T drive a whole lot - but the sway bar disconnect on the Rubicon was great. For Moderate trails, Rocksteps etc (not hardcore rock crawling though) is the Sway Bar Still a good idea?

Just trying to figure out which direction I want to go. (Badlands, or maybe Outer Banks with Squatch?)

I'm going BL and one of the reasons is the disco. That said I'm sure there will be aftermarket manual disco solutions offered so if you go with something other than the BL you won't be SOL - you'll just have to get out of the truck. For me the front and rear lockers are more important which is why if I wasn't going BL (or Wildtrak) I'd add the Sasquatch option. As it is with the BL I don't see the need for the 35's on day 1 and so it won't be squatched. Just my $0.02, enjoy wheeling with your son!

OP
OP
ELJeffe77

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Karl - I may just go NON Squatch BL, and get nice all-terrain 35's and a lift later (those mud-terrains look badass, but I keep hearing how noisy they are?!)

Anyway, ty again! :)

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have to ask, then it's probably nothing you'll miss.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After market manual sway bar disconnects will be available and likely not very expensive.
So if you are only going to use it a few times a year it’s not worth it in my opinion.

I priced similar badlands and black diamond.
$3k price difference and the only thing you gain is swaybar disconnect and signature lights.

not worth that much for me.

Sponsored

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

I am buying a Base. Someone posted an aftermarket disconnect that looked like a couple hundred. So maybe what ever model you get you could have Ford put that disconnect on if you need it. My plan is drive it with Sasquatch , advanced auto 4x4 and if I still need to disconnect I;ll just go add that later.

Reactions: RLW

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
After market manual sway bar disconnects will be available and likely not very expensive.
So if you are only going to use it a few times a year it’s not worth it in my opinion.

I priced similar badlands and black diamond.
$3k price difference and the only thing you gain is swaybar disconnect and signature lights.

not worth that much for me.
I second the aftermarket disconnects. I would expect them to be in the $200 range for a quality set. Don't get me wrong the BL is really nice but don't get it for the disconnect alone unless you're loaded.

OP
OP
ELJeffe77

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I second the aftermarket disconnects. I would expect them to be in the $200 range for a quality set. Don't get me wrong the BL is really nice but don't get it for the disconnect alone unless you're loaded.
Well, I'm not broke but I'm def not that loaded lol

BUT - I'm also the type that appreciates being to turn on/off the swaybar with a button, so I prob WOULD pay for the BL to get it. (Also, the outerbanks i'm pricing out is more than the BL i'm pricing out now too)

At least I have a few months to think things through haha

Ty!

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I'm not broke but I'm def not that loaded lol

BUT - I'm also the type that appreciates being to turn on/off the swaybar with a button, so I prob WOULD pay for the BL to get it. (Also, the outerbanks i'm pricing out is more than the BL i'm pricing out now too)

At least I have a few months to think things through haha

Ty!
Well another thing to keep in mind is the BL comes with front and rear lockers (and the subsequent stronger axles). They aren't necessary but certainly nice if you get yourself in a tight spot. I really wanted the BL initially but have since realized a black diamond + many accessories fits my needs better or maybe even a base.