First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Handles great much better than my Wrangler and better than my 78 Bronco above 65.
It gets double the fuel economy over my 78 but two different trucks, from different eras.
Never thought I would like a 4 cylinder turbo but has plenty of power.
I think Ford got it right for current times.
Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are people removing their sway bars? When one of you who does this causes an accident, good luck…..
No one is removing them. First year and maybe second didn't come with them. The mounts are all there, but the rear sway bar just doesn't exist.

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Drove 85 for hours and it handled great. I used to hear on this forum whistle noise from mirrors. Which I have not heard people bring up lately. I drive in ECO mode and never felt it was sluggish. Got good mileage on long trip.
Ford Bronco How is freeway driving at or over 75MPH 92BEE64B-D591-48B1-A63C-74122526537D
Ford Bronco How is freeway driving at or over 75MPH 8C1257E9-109E-4BBB-BFF0-87A9F4A14BE8

Last edited:

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It just cruises happily at 80mph - and I actually find that my MPG improve at highway speeds, usually around 21mpg, while around town they come down to 18/19. At least with the 2.7 it has plenty of punch

Sponsored

Smiffer

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I came from a Wrangler with Duratrac tires on it for the past 30k miles. At highway speed (70-80) the steering definitely floated. The ride quality of the Bronco is head and shoulders above my Wrangler. Especially over bumpy highway and expansion joints. This is subjective but to me my soft too Bronco is almost quieter than my hardtop Wrangler.

Rho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something with wheels
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My daily to work is a 2 Door, 2.7 V6 on 33" BFG KO2. I go 75 mph each morning and afternoon, and cruise control can handle the MPG, which is on target and improving.
It is not loud, I hear some wind noise. Not bothersome, as my car sounds about the same. I keep good care of my vehicles.
Maybe with the soft top it would be louder, but the hard top is quiet in my opinion.
I've driven the 2.3 (4 door) offroad only, so no comparison there - plenty of power though, btw.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It drives extremely well but has considerable noise with VERY poor mileage.

Sponsored

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Non-Squatch 2 door Badlands handles and rides nice at freeway speed, 70+. Wind noise increases above 70, but it's not too bad. I just turn up the tunes. (y)

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In a wrangler, something happens when you go over 65MPH. The whole character of the jeep feels different, like it is really fighting the wind to keep it at that speed. Also, PMG drops significantly. I'm wondering if the bronco does something similar at high speeds. I'm sure that big tires would impact this a lost, so It would be great if somebody does not have the Sasquatch package could let me know what their experiences have been.
I commute daily and typically drive between 75mph — 85mph (the flow of traffic on our freeways) and find that the Bronco feels very comfortable and stable at those speeds! My Wrangler felt skittish when making the same commute at those speeds (one of the reasons why i got rid of it)!

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the Manual transmission with Sasquatch gears (2.3) and have a route that includes a 70mph posted highway section (I-35). I cruise around 76mph (moving with traffic) and in 6th gear engine rpms are around 2200. I've easily accelerated over 80 to pass a semi and it feels as stable as it does at 50.

Of course on a windy day, the bronco is going to get pushed around a bit, because it's a brick, but the v6 and I4 both have plenty of power to move it.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a wrangler, something happens when you go over 65MPH. The whole character of the jeep feels different, like it is really fighting the wind to keep it at that speed. Also, PMG drops significantly. I'm wondering if the bronco does something similar at high speeds. I'm sure that big tires would impact this a lost, so It would be great if somebody does not have the Sasquatch package could let me know what their experiences have been.
On my way back from Flagstaff in July.... I was between Intersate 10 and Instertate 40 in the middle of no where, on a two lane road in the middle of the desert (about 50 miles from Needles) I encountered a trio of semi/trailer rigs (with the lead rig holding things). So after a 10 + miles of this nap time, mind numbing, pain of endless straight.... I shot the Bronco (at the time 4door. 2.7 ,softop ,SASQ,BD) from 70 up to 100 mph in seconds and shot by the last truck like it was standing still. I was completely impressed with the power/speed/drivability of the Bronco. It is very comfortable driving the Bronco in what I consider a typically white knuckled situation.

Can't remark on MPG, but this road maneuver would have been an unthinkable in my daughter's Jeep Wrangler.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My general speed on the freeways around here is ~80mph and even on 37s with a ~3" Icon lift (stage 6 coil overs), it just feels like a tall sports car. Feels planted and plenty of power to go faster when needed. A bit noisy, even with the hard top but not bad.

I'm in a Badlands Lux w/2.7.
Sponsored