Sponsored

How is the Ford dash cam? Should I look at something else?

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fords bronco page has a kit for a dash and rear camera, there's not too many specs regarding it. I assumed it was just an existing third party one that they are selling.

Does anyone have any actual details or could recommend what the best on the market is right now. Is there actually an advantage to getting one on the Ford site or is that just like any other.
Sponsored

UniformMink11

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Ram, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fords bronco page has a kit for a dash and rear camera, there's not too many specs regarding it. I assumed it was just an existing third party one that they are selling.

Does anyone have any actual details or could recommend what the best on the market is right now. Is there actually an advantage to getting one on the Ford site or is that just like any other.
I just purchased two Garmin Dash Cam's. I plan on making a video on the install once they arrive next week. I strongly suggest not purchasing a dashcam from ford because they seem way too overpriced for what you get.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco How is the Ford dash cam? Should I look at something else? IMG_4174
Ford Bronco How is the Ford dash cam? Should I look at something else? IMG_4177

If you want a simple installation with no wires, this is it. While the VIOFO has parking mode, this setup will not take advantage because the USB is only powered with the vehicle. If all you want is driving, the quality and field of view are great.

UniformMink11

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Ram, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you want a simple installation with no wires, this is it. While the VIOFO has parking mode, this setup will not take advantage because the USB is only powered with the vehicle. If all you want is driving, the quality and field of view are great.
Unfortunately, many of us don't have the lux package so this won't work :/ I'll probably end up taping into the power going into the rearview mirror or some cable up there.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, many of us don't have the lux package so this won't work :/ I'll probably end up taping into the power going into the rearview mirror or some cable up there.
Sorry I didn't recall the dash outlet was only on lux. Going high and doing the mirror is the way to go in that case. I seem to recall a post where someone had some pictures of that scenario.
Sponsored