Sponsored

How likely are you to consider purchasing or leasing a vehicle completely online using the Ford website?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Tesla and carmax and carvanna car buying model is shaking up the industry. I like this

Dealership model is a dinosaur
Wait til apple releases their car. They're industry leaders and have a lot of capital. Things will change real fast. Ford is being proactive here
Apple would have the same problem Tesla does. State laws prohibiting direct sales of new vehicles. Be nice to see that change.

BroncoActual

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except that Ford signed a 6 year deal with Google for cloud services and on board OS. Bye bye Sync hello Android Automotive starting in 2023.
Did they actually say they were going to use Android Automotive? Or are they just using Android OS as the base framework for Sync, basically replacing QNX that's in there now?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they actually say they were going to use Android Automotive? Or are they just using Android OS as the base framework for Sync, basically replacing QNX that's in there now?
I thought it was a replacement but could have read it incorrectly.

Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know how the process works for test driving them. But my fiance just bought a used 2019 BMW x3 from that big car vending machine. She had like 60 days to turn it in if there were any issues. The car is immaculate. Sexy black leather like the first edition gets. She had the EASIEST car buying experience I've ever seen
Something like the VW's Autostadt tower in Wolfsburg, Germany...slide in your pre-loaded AutoBuyer card...punch the button, and out pops your chosen ride...easy peasy.
Apple would have the same problem Tesla does. State laws prohibiting direct sales of new vehicles. Be nice to see that change.
Constituency screams loud enough, vocally and financially, and laws can change. Pipe dream, maybe, but stranger things have happened.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
About damn time...only day you'll see me on a dealer's lot is Sunday when they are closed...probably a prime reason I keep vehicles so long - don't want the dealership's BS fouling up my day.
dealers here open 24/7, they work on your car while you sleep (at home).

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
there are loopholes around that, Tesla done it for a looong time. They sell to you online or in CA (paperwork), then deliver your car to your house. Who is going to challenge you buying your car “out-of-state”?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
there are loopholes around that, Tesla done it for a looong time. They sell to you online or in CA (paperwork), then deliver your car to your house. Who is going to challenge you buying your car “out-of-state”?
Tesla has done well working around it, but they need to be able to have a dealership at some point. The arbitrary laws in place to stop this need to go away.
Sponsored