Sponsored

How long do you plan to own your new Bronco?

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to keep it until it is no longer drivable. There will never be a BEV incendiary in my garage, the Bronco will enjoy a long life!
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Until heā€™ll freezes overā€¦..unless they come out with a different version that I like better!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Should be the last vehicle I'll ever own, driving it until the wheels fall off.

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Kids get it.
Iā€™m not selling. Next car will carry my walker. Ill just look at it and wait, like Iā€™m doing now.
Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Decided to keep my 2005 Jeep LJR, only has 66K on it and I have the garage space. Will keep the Bronco as long as I like it. Dumped my 2015 GMC Canyon to make room for it.

Replaced a 2005 Jeep LJ that I've had for 17 years. Pretty sure this will be the vehicle they have to take the keys away from me when my family thinks I'm too dangerous (old) behind the wheel.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a long time. Unless something drastic changes. Iā€™ve pulled mine apart and put it back together a dozen times or so on the interior. Iā€™m happy with the build quality so far. Love the fin factor of this truck. Nice to feel the road again.

Iā€™ve been looking for a 99-01 2 door f150 flareside with The 4.6 on a 5 speed for a couple years now. Loved that old truck. This is a welcome replacement for it.

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lots of honest answers, which is refreshing. I remember when the JLs came out and everyone was crowing they were gonna keep theirs for 10+ years. After 1-2 years you started seeing them show up on the "Jeeps for sale" page with stories about wanting something fresh lol

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco How long do you plan to own your new Bronco? 1659463427472

Seriously though, until it does not make financial sense to continue to repair. To a large degree. I'll replace worn-out sensors, paint it, refresh stuff as needed.

Once the electronics start dying off and making things unusable unless major cash is spent, and how everything is interconnected, probably that will be the nail in the coffin.

By then Jeep will have the new driverless/drone/facemap/Skynet/Umbrella Corp. version out that will take me to the trails, make a sammich, and reconfigure my Bitcoin investments whilst I nap in a hammock.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My current's an '05, and the only reason I have it is because my '02 got totalled in 2014.

I imagine this is a similar generational-type purchase this time around.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't sell my vehicles, I just add to the collection. Plan is to keep it forever. I still have my first vehicle a 96 Explorer that was totaled in 2011, I can't let go of things.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?
When I do get it one day, I plan to keep her until I canā€™t climb into it anymore unless someone invents elevator rock rails, same with my Harley then maybe Iā€™ll add trike wheels if I canā€™t stand her up.

the only determining factor that would change this is if it falls apart and the engine blows, then maybe my cyber truck reservation will go into production
Sponsored