Sponsored

How long do you plan to own your new Bronco?

Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Barring any drastic financial changes, my wife can sell it once I’m dead. I drove my 2000 ford ranger until it was dead. Been driving a Camry for the last 5 years bc I drive a lot for work sometimes and wanted better mileage to save for something actually awesome, just wasn’t sure what. Then they released the bronco. I knew that was what I was saving for once I saw, just didn’t know during the saving phase lol. I truly do plan to keep it my entire life. My dad had a bronco when I was growing up and I never understood why he sold it (he regretted selling it too). If I live long enough to not be able to climb up in it, then I’ll pass it down to my son. I’m 30 now though, so got a long way to go!

My taste in things also doesn’t change much over time anyways, and I’m buying it bc I’m a huge bronco fan, not just bc it’s the new cool thing. I don’t anticipate being bothered by body style updates and things like that over the years. The only thing I think that would actually tempt me to replace it, is if they through a V8 in a future bronco, but that seems highly unlikely.
Sponsored

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking to my end of days but we’ll see how I feel about it after I get it?

For me, the 2 door specifically, is as close to exactly what I want that has ever been available to purchase new in my adult lifetime.

Short, tall, truck based vehicle with solid rear axle, manual transmission, and full size spare. I don’t even need the 4x4 but it’s there so I’ll take it but a 2x4 with locker rear would have been better for me.

I examined a 2 door manual yesterday and build quality is not what I’m used to. My Subaru has much higher build quality. The Bronco I examined was disappointing. If it wasn’t a “2 door Bronco” I wouldn’t be buying one.

The 4 door is a hard NO for me. I think they will in short time lose their demand. After the novelty wears off people will realize the build quality, noise level, overall driver experience isn’t on par with the Toyota 4Runner and other similar SUV’s.

That’s my take on the subject!
Classic, as is tradition a 2-doorer bringing up the 4-door thing when it's not even the question.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hate to add to the "forever" cliché, but I love it and am not really looking forward to anything else coming out. Couldn't care less about hybrid/battery options. Maybe I'll get another one if they ever announce they're phasing out non-hybrid gas engine options.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until the 8 year Ford PremiumCare service contract is up or 100k miles. Unfortunately, they don't offer lifetime contracts like the MOPAR MaxCare plans used to, or I would do that. I have the MaxCare lifetime on my 2015 Grand Cherokee and plan on owning that until they write me a check to buy me out of the contract. Per the contract terms, if a repair cost exceeds the value of the vehicle, they will write a check out for the value and that terminates the contract. At 98k miles, I have more than made my $2500 initial purchase back in repairs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't ever want to sell it. :LOL:

But...once we have another kid and then both kids are a little older I'm sure they will have so much crap there won't be room in the Bronco.

Though a mini van for the wife is the solution to that.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe four years.

Life is too short, and there are too many interesting vehicles out there.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until the wheels fall off!

Reactions: rws

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My current plan is that it will be the last ICE vehicle I buy...and I'll keep it when I buy a Mach-e or whatever in 5-6 years. Charging infrastructure isn't there yet up here and until I get back into a house, I can't charge at home. Maybe I can get my boss to install a charging station here for me (and buy me a company car while I'm dreaming)...

Sponsored

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan on keeping it until I can't purchase fuel for it any longer, or I can't keep resurrecting it (assuming at some point it will stop running). I kept my Suburban for 15 years... it became a member of the family. I have the same irrational plans for the Bronco :cool:

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I made it about **ducks** 6 weeks before I sold mine =/

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My current plan is that it will be the last ICE vehicle I buy...and I'll keep it when I buy a Mach-e or whatever in 5-6 years. Charging infrastructure isn't there yet up here and until I get back into a house, I can't charge at home. Maybe I can get my boss to install a charging station here for me (and buy me a company car while I'm dreaming)...
No issues with electric cars, but if you are considering one you need to make sure the electrical service to “your proposed home” will support a 50 amp charging system and stay in accordance with your local electric codes.

Many homes currently do not have this capability, leaving you with lesser charging capabilities (slower charging).

When electricity becomes in short supply because of all the electric cars and the price of electricity skyrockets, Gasoline will be at a surplus and become cheap (supply vs demand) and everyone will want to switch back.

Last edited:

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?
The 2007 Tahoe I had for 15 years is being replaced by the Bronco if that gives you a clue .........
Sponsored

Last edited: