Sponsored

How long do you plan to own your new Bronco?

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably until a hybrid version comes out, if it has similar power and capabilities.
If the hybrid or EV version can't keep up with my 2.7 BL, then I'll be keeping it until something better comes out. :)

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep it, when it finally wears out I will shove a V8 in it and get rid of all the electronic gizmos.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have no intention of ever selling it. I've felt that way before though but ended up selling, so the future is a mystery.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Indefinitely- I retire in 2 years and hope to still be around for awhile.....but then pass it to my son. I only hope gas will still be around and I can afford it on retirement income. I won't be driving far though and my future job I'll be able to walk or ride a bike too though. In the mean time I am only driving it like 275 miles a month now so it should have low mileage when I retire.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Replaced a 2005 Jeep LJ that I've had for 17 years. Pretty sure this will be the vehicle they have to take the keys away from me when my family thinks I'm too dangerous (old) behind the wheel.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hardly ever hang onto a car for more than 5 years. Once the warranty has expired and things start breaking - that seems to be about the time it's best for me to cut my losses. not to mention, I get bored with it after that long and start wanting something new. I've had one car that was different - a '94 Miata that I bought around 2004 and daily drove and did track events with, until 2012.. that car was the exception because it was such a fun car to drive