Sponsored

How long do you plan to own your new Bronco?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of a joke. A father an son were building a house. The father begins framing the roof when he realizes he doe not have enough lumber for the rafters. He yells down to his son that he needs him to go to the lumber yard and get fifty 2x6s. The kid jumps in the truck goes to the lumber yard and tells the guy at the lumber yard my dad `needs fifty 2x6s. The guy says how long do you need them? Kid says I don't know let me go ask my dad. He drives back to the site and says to his dad the guy at the lumber yard wants to know how long do need the 2x6s. The dad comes down the ladder, smacks the kid upside his head and says we need them for a long time, we are building a house.

Thanks you I will be here on Tuesdays through the month of August. Try the veal. Don't forget to tip your servers!

:geek:
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My daughter is five and a half, and my son is about to turn two. I hope to hand him the keys someday so that I can buy a two door and immediately seat delete. Hopefully the Bronco continues production through 2038 :)

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hope to keep it until I stop breathing.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until death, unless it turns out to be a sour lemon. :cool:

Sponsored

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Forever unless it doesn’t make sense to own a gas vehicle. Even then I’ll probably keep it or trade for whatever the more efficient version is.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?
I’m thinking to my end of days but we’ll see how I feel about it after I get it?

For me, the 2 door specifically, is as close to exactly what I want that has ever been available to purchase new in my adult lifetime.

Short, tall, truck based vehicle with solid rear axle, manual transmission, and full size spare. I don’t even need the 4x4 but it’s there so I’ll take it but a 2x4 with locker rear would have been better for me.

I examined a 2 door manual yesterday and build quality is not what I’m used to. My Subaru has much higher build quality. The Bronco I examined was disappointing. If it wasn’t a “2 door Bronco” I wouldn’t be buying one.

The 4 door is a hard NO for me. I think they will in short time lose their demand. After the novelty wears off people will realize the build quality, noise level, overall driver experience isn’t on par with the Toyota 4Runner and other similar SUV’s.

That’s my take on the subject!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seem to change vehicles every couple of years... I lose interest quickly.

That being said, the Bronco has been different than past vehicles. I'm still super excited to drive it (more so than any other vehicle I've owned), and as long as Ford/aftermarket keeps coming out with exciting new mods and such, I'll continue to be interested.

This is one of those vehicles that I think if I sold it, I would quickly regret it.

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Assuming it doesn't turn into a maintenance nightmare, i will keep my bronco for a long time and possibly let one of my sons eventually take it

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that conspicuous consumption is a thing, but on a purchase close to the average household income ... I'm a bit dumbfounded.

I buy very few things with the expectation of getting rid of them. A $60k vehicle is supposed to be a 'durable' good, and my tastes aren't that fickle.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm another *lifer.

*Acknowledging that someone that means, till the frame rots in half or sometimes the repair costs no longer make sense.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got zero intentions of leaving this rig behind. A non unibody manual is like winning the vehicle lottery IMO. This thing will get very replacement part that it will ever need - heaven forbid an accident that totals it

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I
Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?
Mine won’t be a mall crawler and I plan on inflicting a lot of pain and abuse on it. That’s what replacement part are for.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My normal pattern with an off-roader, At least 10 years. Daily driver for 5 years, and does duty on green to black trails, then I get a new daily driver at 5 years, and the current daily driver becomes a trailer queen trail only vehicle.

My wife's daily driver follows the same pattern, So we have 2 "serious" wheelers and 2 National forest wheelers at any given time.

Being realitstic though, I'll be about 68 at the completion of the Bronco's 10 year "cycle", so there is a good chance I'll be breaking that pattern...
Sponsored