Sponsored

How long do you plan to own your new Bronco?

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Till death do is part, but I'll probably have another NB before I kick the bucket. If there is a EV one I might get one of those.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keeping it for the long haul! My last gas vehicle.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My plan?
20 years or 200,000 miles, whichever comes last.
Then evaluate my options.
😀

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are all buying, basically, a first year vehicle... with problems and growing pains. Knowing that, I'll likely keep it 4 years or 150,000 miles, which ever comes first. Hopefully, in that 4 years, Ford's Solid State battery tech is in their vehicles... and if so, that's what I'll replace it with: A solid state EV Ford Bronco.
They are close....
Solid State batteries are safer, lighter, and recharge super fast. But, are still in development.
The Hummer weighs 9,000 pounds as a traditional EV. That's just too heavy for an offroad vehicle and it will likely kill anyone it collides with on the highways.... Let's hope a Hummer never catches fire in traffic.... We need better battery safety and Ford's Solid State will likely be the answer.
Panasonic estimates that solid state EV batteries are still 10 years out from being commercially viable. We will see. I’d love to see the technology be available sooner.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until they make one with a ventilated seat option.

Hopefully in a Bronco Raptor version that I can actually find.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?

Great post idea.

I decided I am going to keep my Bronco forever.

Not that I have some Unicorn with my build, but whenever I watch a Cars and Coffee there is some guy who bought a now classic car and has owned it since it was built.

I knew at that moment, I want to be that guy.

So ownership for forever, that's the plan.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am nearing retirement and this is only my 3rd car that I purchased with my own $$$.

First was an 86 Acura Integra. Totaled in 2004 with 300K miles on it and still running strong. Still angry at the Dept of Transportation for hitting it. I would probably still have it.

2nd car was a 2004 BMW 330i with the ZHP package. Still have it and it only has 170K miles on it. Still runs and looks great. It isn't going anywhere.

So based on past history, I plan on keeping my Bronco for a long time. I hope Ford quality is good enough for my Bronco to last 18 years at least. It could be the last car I buy. I have NO intention of ever buying an EV, unless I am forced to do so.

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until they offer "BlueCruise" and I'll trade mine in for a new one, lol.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just retired and the truck is paid off, and it’s one of my favorite vehicles that I’ve owned, so probably until I die or they take my license away ;)

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as I possibly can. Especially with so much vehicles going EV. Don’t get me wrong an EV or hybrid would be ok for a daily commuter to have on the side but they aren’t affordable at this point. I have no interest in an EV sports car or off-roader. I really hope the Bronco stays ICE or hybrid. Otherwise Ford should name it something else imo

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?
Until either I die or the Bronco dies

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The original plan was to parlay my FE res for a bronco raptor. I was talked into accepting the Fe by my dealer with plans to trade it on a braptor. After the braptor pricing was announced I decided not to go with one. I thought I was going to keep my FE forever until I was offered a lot of money, pretty easy decision to get into an F-150 raptor for $3000 out of pocket.

A72F96E3-446F-4424-AD8C-4E2BE4A32F50.png
Sponsored