Sponsored

How long til someone releases fixed flares?

kre62

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cant believe ford let those flares go to production. Need a company to step up and fix that stat.
Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Cant believe ford let those flares go to production. Need a company to step up and fix that stat.
Well Ken, why don’t you?

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you looked at Advanced Fiberglass Concepts?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This battle was orchestrated, lol. Ford knew the Raptor would be limited supply. So, some design element somewhere needed to be so cringeworthy as to turn away the people that would buy a Raptor based on looks alone. That eliminated most people, and freed up the supply to those that DGAF about looks, or the fact it's only available as a moar door. Those same people have already been fighting over every other trim and option, and it won't end any time soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kre62

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No fix needed.
For those that aren't blind or design challenged, a fix is needed. Thats 99.99% of the population.

There is no way to justify those things. They blew it, plain and simple.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For those that aren't blind or design challenged, a fix is needed. Thats 99.99% of the population.

When is yours being built?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford wanted to get something to market in this segment. For liability reasons they have to cover the wheels after widening the track. In person they are not not as awful as the pics make them out to be. I don’t want a Bronco Raptor period as it does nothing for me. I’d never use it even close to its potential. But if I did them flares wouldn’t stop me from getting one and having a blast!! I’d almost prefer it. If I trash’s. Plastic flare it can be replaced. Trash an entire fiberglass fender the I have to get it painted and everything is a bigger hassle

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Ah yes random guy on internet knows more than Ford Engineer's on functionality.

They aren't painted because they would chip if you actually took them off road. Almost every prerunner that throws on fiber glass fenders gets chipped, I'd say all but I'm not into absolutes. A FACTORY DESIGN should not be chipped just from use.

Oh they are big? That is because they needed to be wide to be street legal and the top/back needed to be big enough for a secure mount.

Sure knee jerk reaction a lot of people wanted something different but if you sit down and look at WHY it was built this why it all makes sense.

All that being said even if 99.99% of the population hates it I don't really care because 99.99% of the population aren't getting one and I didn't buy one so that dudes in a parking lot would think it looked cool. I bought one to use it in the dirt.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like big flares I can’t deny!

Putting pretty painted fenders out over these monster axle/wheels would be a recipe for disaster on mountain and forest trails. If you’re going to use the Raptor, the narrow fenders with wide flares are perfect.

Fortunately 99.99% of the population will never buy one. Problem solved.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This battle was orchestrated, lol. Ford knew the Raptor would be limited supply. So, some design element somewhere needed to be so cringeworthy as to turn away the people that would buy a Raptor based on looks alone. That eliminated most people, and freed up the supply to those that DGAF about looks, or the fact it's only available as a moar door. Those same people have already been fighting over every other trim and option, and it won't end any time soon.
I would have bought a Raptor if I got the golden ticket, but my bronco was delivered shortly before. The looks of a vehicle have never been my primary concern, but it is a small factor. Even though those flares wouldn’t have been a deal breaker for me, they’re still pretty hideous. I do think Ford should have put a little more effort into the design of the back fenders at least. Or they could have had the decency to make them interchangeable with the regular bronco flares. I put non Sasquatch flares on mine, if I would have gotten a Raptor, it would have been nice to have the option to put the Sasquatch flares on it.

OP
OP

kre62

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I never said it would stop me from buying one, and I never said the replacement flares should be painted.

Carry on.
Sponsored