Sponsored

How long until Ford just cancels outstanding reservations?

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s pretty clear that Ford is sick of us, and regretting the day it ever heard the word “reservation.”

So how long until they just cancel all outstanding reservations and refund us our $100 and wash their hands of the whole thing?

Sure seems like that’s where this debacle is headed. Hope I’m wrong.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea but keep sending those other units built for inventory and screwing resveration holders that have been here since the start and put money down. Make lot of sense.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I imagine once they get close to fulfilling all the MY21 conversions and dealer mannequins they might start cancelling the newer reservations with some type of incentive like hey we definitely screwed ya but here’s some stickers and $100 off a $600 accessory when you do buy a bronco and get one in 5 years

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a felling they will implement something that will incentivize RSVP Holders to want to cancel their RSVP and go another route. IIRC, I read something about deposits and signed purchase agreements to order.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This could happen somewhat organically and with less outrage directed toward the Blue Oval if
  • we can't change dealers without losing our reservation
  • there's nothing to stop dealers from adding ADM when we reorder
  • dealers think they can get more from an abandoned reservation than from an active one (whether this would still be true at the end of 2022 is a bit of a gamble)
Not every dealer would want the reputation hit from doing that, but we know there are some unscrupulous dealers out there, and that setup would incentivize them to dump reservations. It also incentivizes them to not accept new/transferred reservations.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are late to the party. I suggested this action this time last year. The entire thing is a joke. What Levine and the rest of the folks running Ford have accomplished, was to make a life long Ford owner, ( fan boy you younger folks say) and piss him off so bad that it will take some absolute ludicrous offer to get me to ever buy a Ford product again. I currently own six Fords. Never though for a moment my 2018 would be the last. Thanks Mr. Levine, job well done.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are late to the party. I suggested this action this time last year. The entire thing is a joke. What Levine and the rest of the folks running Ford have accomplished, was to make a life long Ford owner, ( fan boy you younger folks say) and piss him off so bad that it will take some absolute ludicrous offer to get me to ever buy a Ford product again. I currently own six Fords. Never though for a moment my 2018 would be the last. Thanks Mr. Levine, job well done.
The crazy thing is that they have a universally acclaimed product. That's supposed to be the hard part.

Sponsored

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than giving back the $100 deposit, they basically have already canceled reservations for those without a converted order. Think about it. The reservation timestamp is much less important than the dealer allocation formula and buildable units for dealer stock. A 7/14/2020 reservation with a mic top is behind an order placed today, at the right dealership, with a cloth top.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than giving back the $100 deposit, they basically have already canceled reservations for those without a converted order. Think about it. The reservation timestamp is much less important than the dealer allocation formula and buildable units for dealer stock. A 7/14/2020 reservation with a mic top is behind an order placed today, at the right dealership, with a cloth top.
I think Ben is right, this is what will organically kill the remaining reservations as people abandon them for a normal retail order or a stock unit. Now if enough of them flip to retail and stock units, it may help those that remain.

If production does truly run at full volume, there will probably be enough bronco's on the market to buy, they may just be stock units with acceptable options, if you want one quickly. Just like any normal release. We can already see the volume of units scheduled just from b6g ramping up in these last few weeks.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve got a 7/14 reservation and a March 2021 order that had to place a $1400 deposit with the dealer. Never understood the entire $100 reservation thing that Ford did. It’s like give us $100 so we can spam you email inbox.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh it's coming for sure, yea they will get some bad publicity, but they will weather the storm and keep on going.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the reservation process is open for several other new FMC models like the Lightning. Build to order will be here for a while.
Sponsored