Sponsored

How long until someone figures out a fix / tweak / mod to pull the rear soft top window tight?

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang I never thought I was too terribly OCD until now, every new thread about owners picking up their new Bronco's and if it has a soft top they all have the same horizontal wavey back window look. I have a soft top 4 door Bronco with a build date coming up and I keep looking for a post from someone saying they have fixed the wrinkly back soft top window. I am hopeful a strip of pipe insulation along the top bar above the window may do the trick or a shortening of the window tops buckle straps; if possible. See I told ya I'm too OCD, In the grand scheme of things it's not a deal breaker I will certainly accept it, but not without a fight.
The rear windows on a four door soft top are an issue (to me) that would make me stick to th hard top. I would not have a soft top. I hope a fix is found because in my mind there is simply no excuse for Ford to ship it looking like that. The 2 door soft top I have coming from my dealer doesn’t have that issue. (Bestop)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These soft tops look like a after thought by Ford. Like the lady down the block that sews canvas tents made them.
Very saggy, windows ripple, rubbing, fraying, along with that baby buggy look when open. Sick.

Yah, I bet they will look a little better after a year or two, ha ha. Makes the MIC top problems minor in comparison.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These soft tops look like a after thought by Ford. Like the lady down the block that sews canvas tents made them.
Very saggy, windows ripple, rubbing, fraying, along with that baby buggy look when open. Sick.

Yah, I bet they will look a little better after a year or two, ha ha. Makes the MIC top problems minor in comparison.
Haha. This didn't age well. Who knew? (Well.... I guess some kind of knew)

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The fix is get a hard top.

Sponsored

cparksjr

Badlands
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Ford F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not happy with those side windows either. It would be nice if we could get ahold of those rejected hard tops, fix the problems and paint them as we wish. I would do it.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder if I’m the only one 100% unbothered by the soft windows.
I've had my Bronco for a 5 weeks or so. The number of minutes I've lost worrying about wavy windows: 0.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not bothered. If you are bothered, don't buy the soft top. There is at least one option available aftermarket, I suggest you explore that. With that in mind, knowing the window panels have to be removed before the top can be fully put in the down position, there is no reason why this couldn't be a rigid panel.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im unbothered. I ma bothered about the softop touching the roll bars
yes, that I would not like. I read somewhere today that somebody that got their's more recently had little felt pads installed from the factory to prevent this. Since it's only one report (and I don't have a clue where I read that today on this site) I'd not say it's 'fixed', but will be interesting to see if all new soft tops now have that. I'll probably still put some ppf around that area just to be safe.

The windows being wavy? Don't care one bit, they're wavy on Wranglers too. I'm gonna enjoy the open sky above me, not look at windows in the rear, LOL

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CRV. 2013 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I have a solution. I do not have my OBX yet so I am relying owners to see if this is a viable solution.

Each side panel has 3 male buckles. If you were to purchase 6 female buckles and a length of 1” black strap and connect driver side to passenger side buckles with a cinch in the centre to tighten up in theory that should pull the window panels taught thus eliminating the waves in the plastic window.

Your thoughts everyone?
If someone try’s this take some pics! Love to see the results.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Strange that looking at pictures for months had me concerned and now that I have had it for two weeks it is a zero issue. It falls in the pictures dont do it justice category, but in a good way. I am very happy with the material and look of the soft top. The tilt up feature is actually nice and we have used it.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s due to the tilt up feature in the tailgate, which after using it is a pretty worthless feature.
i couldn’t disagree more. I don’t love the wavy windows, but the clamshell feature is ingenious.

I suspect that anyone who has ever tried to load grocery bags of pack for a family beach or camping trip in a Wrangler would agree.

Ford in part addressed this issue by making the tailgate taller than wrangler’s. But the feature is still quite useful if you ever need to load cargo.
Sponsored