Sponsored

How long until someone figures out a fix / tweak / mod to pull the rear soft top window tight?

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also keep in mind that as the weather cools, the top and windows will shrink slightly and tighten up. Hit 55 here a few weeks ago and the windows were noticibly flatter.
Sponsored

Xycarp

Base
First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
In picked up my Bronco two days ago. Love it, soft top and all. I also have a Wrangler and its side windows are pretty flat and free of wrinkles, but the rear window sucks. It has waves in it. Itā€™s a bigger deal for me because I look through it all the time. Itā€™s older so partially wear related.

I was concerned before picking up my bronco that the side windows would bug me, but they donā€™t. Not in the least. I had a plan to immediately look at them to see if I could figure some way to pull them tighter, but now that I have it, I just donā€™t care. of course, if someone does have a way I will consider it, but itā€™s a non issue for me

Andā€¦ the tilt up back window is actually pretty great. It is quick and simple and will keep the back window tight for the future. It also opens much wider than I expected. Very pleased with how it works.

This Bronco thing is freaking awesome!

Sancho88

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I absolutely hate this crappy soft top. One of my side panels works fine when I take it on and off. The other side bunches up and no matter how hard I pull it, Iā€™m left about 1/4 inch short on one end. I canā€™t get it to fit in the groove like itā€™s supposed to, so Iā€™ve got one panel not connected fully on the side. Lot of fun in the rain so far. Piece of junk.

gj45

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I absolutely hate this crappy soft top. One of my side panels works fine when I take it on and off. The other side bunches up and no matter how hard I pull it, Iā€™m left about 1/4 inch short on one end. I canā€™t get it to fit in the groove like itā€™s supposed to, so Iā€™ve got one panel not connected fully on the side. Lot of fun in the rain so far. Piece of junk.
Try snapping in the lower corner first, then tug and snap as you work up the window. I had a bit of trouble, in the beginning, as well.

gj45

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im unbothered. I ma bothered about the softop touching the roll bars
Look in the Digital Owner's Manual for the soft top info. A Technical Service Bulletin video was put out as to where/how to apply soft velcro to prevent scratches on the sports tube. ( I initially found this info in an e-mail from Ford.)
Sponsored