Sponsored

How Long will the Bronco be in Production?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gas prices rising over the last few weeks has nothing to do with the Biden administration. It's because of the weather along the gulf coast shutting down refineries temporarily. It will normalize as refineries come back online.

You're confusing short term impacts with long term projections.

I don't disagree with long term demand declining, but that should lower the price of refined products.
Funny. If you Google the "rise in gas prices", the news says what you say.
Our gas went up about 30 cents a gallon before Texas defied global warming.
That doesn't jive with what's being reported
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny. If you Google the "rise in gas prices", the news says what you say.
Our gas went up about 30 cents a gallon before Texas defied global warming.
That doesn't jive with what's being reported
The rise since December is because of a number of things (like many changes in gas/oil pricing) including an increase of crude oil use in the northern states during the winter, Saudi Arabia cutting oil production (to level out pandemic supply and demand), and of course the recent spike due to weather in Texas. Fuel went way down in March. The prices you're seeing now are bringing it back to what it was pre-pandemic.

The spike would have happened regardless if fuel was trending up or down. Fuel was already trending up, the spike just exacerbated the increases.

Last edited:

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rise since December is because of a number of things (like many changes in gas/oil pricing) including an increase of crude oil use in the northern states during the winter, Saudi Arabia cutting oil production (due to low demand through most of the year), and of course the recent spike due to weather in Texas.

The spike would have happened regardless if fuel was trending up or down. Fuel was already trending up, the spike just exacerbated the increases.
You can put as much lipstick on it as you want. There's one reason for gas prices going up and it's not Texas or Saudi Arabia.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took it all from Ford's website. There's no tinfoil hat bullshit about it. I know what they can do and I pointed it out.
Shutting down a car remotely has been around for awhile, but the government passing a law and shutting down millions of cars? That's some tinfoil shit.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EV sucks

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can put as much lipstick on it as you want. There's one reason for gas prices going up and it's not Texas or Saudi Arabia.
You can feel free to believe this but it is 100% wrong to blame gas prices on a single entity. Whatever you believe that to be.

Go Google this and come back to me, PM is fine, with any evidence that shows that gas prices have gone up due to a single reason.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gas prices over the last 5 years
Ford Bronco How Long will the Bronco be in Production? gasprices

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can feel free to believe this but it is 100% wrong to blame gas prices on a single entity. Whatever you believe that to be.

Go Google this and come back to me, PM is fine, with any evidence that shows that gas prices have gone up due to a single reason.
Sorry, I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to news and google. They tend to lie.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shutting down a car remotely has been around for awhile, but the government passing a law and shutting down millions of cars? That's some tinfoil shit.
Who said anything about millions of cars? They also don't need to pass anymore laws to do it, but I'm guessing you're not familiar with those.

We live beyond the tinfoil now.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is anyone else wondering the same thing that I am......Usually for a brand new model there are so many years they will be produced- before changing the design, new, improved model, etc. With the strong coming of EV's and some manufacturer's announcing full change over to EV's relatively soon- will the Bronco production be short, then change to EV or stop? Is Ford too late in the game of gas powered engines to introduce this wonderful new Bronco? I am getting one and will be retiring in 5 years. This Bronco is my last new vehicle. If gas climbs so high it forces us to EV's, what will become of our Broncos and all gas engine cars? Will they be worthless that no one will want them or buy them due to skyrocketing gas prices? Is this even something to worry about and is anyone thinking about migrating to EV?
Vehicle design lifecycles typically last 6 to 8 years, with refreshes at the halfway points (3/4 years). So Bronco was planned with that in mind.

So we're going to see Bronco as is for 6 to 8 years. I do believe we'll see a hybrid possibly PHEV for the refresh around 2024/5. Remember, it shares the platform with Ranger, so it's going to get whatever the next-gen Ranger gets.

I also believe we'd see a BEV addition to the lineup before complete ICE replacement. Look at F-150 - they're going to continue ICE production for the foreseeable future, but they're adding both hybrid models and a BEV model alongside them to appeal to all customers.

It wouldn't be entirely surprising to see them take this same path with Ranger, which could lead to Bronco getting the same treatment since they share the platform

Sponsored
OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow my post got a lot of attention. My concern was mainly being able to afford to drive my Bronco when I retire in 5 years. Being very old school I love my gas engine powered vehicles and manual transmissions. I rotate between 3 vehicles for my long commute to work. Last week I spent close to $85 on gas with the current "low" prices. If gas prices double and I still have my long commute I am looking at $680 a month. It could be mainly that I drove my 97 Wrangler for the week which nets only 15 MPG- driving at steady speeds of 50-55 MPH, few stops. I am really hoping that the Bronco will get substantially better. Even my Silverado nets 24 MPG. The Bronco is replacing the Wrangler and eventually my Silverado too. I did place my order last night. BaseSquatch, 2.7, 2 door. (Got the auto, I still have a C6 Vette for now that I can row the gears). This is it for me. I started my driving life with 2 Gen 1 Broncos and now closing it with this new Bronco. It is a real privilege to be so young in the 70's when the Gen 1 Broncos were in abundance, owning 2 of them and learning 4 wheeling with them and now, not only being able to see but also buy one of these new Broncos. So cool, looks so much like the original. I am going to enjoy it as much as possible and as long as possible.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Elephant in the room...just by looking at the age poll, most of us won’t see EVERYTHING turn to EV in our lifetime. Just sayin....
I'd say it's a safe bet kids being born today won't even see >50% electrification unless we figure out fusion.

And even if we did, the masses probably wouldn't allow the fusion plants to be built because they don't understand how it's any different than 100yr old Chernobyl tech.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great.. just think about places like Texas when the power goes out for days how well is your EV going to work . Big brother is always smarter than the commoners. Before you start I know there's nothing we can do about.
There's a whole other thread that already degenerated into this topic, we don't need another one going down the same rabbit hole.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It doesn't matter. The carbon generated by all these popular Broncos will suffocate us all in 5 years. We are doomed.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming..
Sponsored