Sponsored

How Long will the Bronco be in Production?

rthompson624

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rthompson.dev
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else wondering the same thing that I am......Usually for a brand new model there are so many years they will be produced- before changing the design, new, improved model, etc. With the strong coming of EV's and some manufacturer's announcing full change over to EV's relatively soon- will the Bronco production be short, then change to EV or stop? Is Ford too late in the game of gas powered engines to introduce this wonderful new Bronco? I am getting one and will be retiring in 5 years. This Bronco is my last new vehicle. If gas climbs so high it forces us to EV's, what will become of our Broncos and all gas engine cars? Will they be worthless that no one will want them or buy them due to skyrocketing gas prices? Is this even something to worry about and is anyone thinking about migrating to EV?
Great questions. I have been asking myself those, too. Looking forward to the discussion on this one.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They have a ton in R&D, I would guess the current model will run 8 to 10 years with a minor refresh along the way (grill or bumpers). They will ride this puppy until it quits selling. The original went 11 years (66-77).
What's nice is the fenders, hood, roof and grill are bolt-on. Easy to restyle it at any time.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is Ford too late in the game of gas powered engines to introduce this wonderful new Bronco? I am getting one and will be retiring in 5 years. This Bronco is my last new vehicle. If gas climbs so high it forces us to EV's, what will become of our Broncos and all gas engine cars? Will they be worthless that no one will want them or buy them due to skyrocketing gas prices? Is this even something to worry about and is anyone thinking about migrating to EV?
Mall Crawlers have no need to worry, Off-Roaders will be find until there are several million EV charging stations every 10-20 miles in the middle of nowhere America, until then...

Ford Bronco How Long will the Bronco be in Production? 1614109476677

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think Bronco will be a gasoline only vehicle, and die as a result. I believe Bronco will see electrification in one form or another.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do you think there will be sustainable skyrocketing gas prices? This only comes into being in the US if the majority of voters here want it to happen, via taxes on the purchase of refined products. Crude oil is in abundance in the US. It is still one of the most cost efficient fuels around, and not expected to change. I can see major metropolitan cities putting limits on internal combustion engine vehicles being driven within certain zones through permitting, etc. But I don't see an outright ban on internal combustion engines in the US. There will continue to be niche producers of such vehicles.
As someone mentioned before, look at who resides at 1600 PA Ave... Gas prices at the pump are already shooting up. Crude IS in abundance in the US, but they're cutting back on using it.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As someone mentioned before, look at who resides at 1600 PA Ave... Gas prices at the pump are already shooting up. Crude IS in abundance in the US, but they're cutting back on using it.
Gas prices rising over the last few weeks has nothing to do with the Biden administration. It's because of the weather along the gulf coast shutting down refineries temporarily. It will normalize as refineries come back online.

You're confusing short term impacts with long term projections.

I don't disagree with long term demand declining, but that should lower the price of refined products.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How's that Cub do? I have a LTX 50" cut (with the Kawasaki engine) 2 years old now, love it.
But I have a little over an acre of mow-able grass, so I wonder about the range/capacity...
The thing is a tank! I have just under an acre. The Cub runs for 3 hours, no matter what I'm doing. I tried to run it down in one afternoon of work, but ran out of work! I mowed, then thatched, then swept, then mowed thatched and swept again. That also includes me running up and down steep hills in the woods, to dump the dead grass and leaves. Took me 2.5 hours and I still had battery left, but work was done and it was beer:30

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else wondering the same thing that I am......Usually for a brand new model there are so many years they will be produced- before changing the design, new, improved model, etc. With the strong coming of EV's and some manufacturer's announcing full change over to EV's relatively soon- will the Bronco production be short, then change to EV or stop? Is Ford too late in the game of gas powered engines to introduce this wonderful new Bronco? I am getting one and will be retiring in 5 years. This Bronco is my last new vehicle. If gas climbs so high it forces us to EV's, what will become of our Broncos and all gas engine cars? Will they be worthless that no one will want them or buy them due to skyrocketing gas prices? Is this even something to worry about and is anyone thinking about migrating to EV?

Gas would have to hit astronomical highs to 'force us' to EVs. That isn't going to happen in the near to mid future. Legislation is more apt to remove gas vehicles or make them fall under some special carbon tax similar to 'gas guzzler'.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They'll keep the Bronco around for at least a week, probably longer.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mostly unrelated, but can someone invent an electric lawnmower roomba already?

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If gas climbs so high it forces us to EV's, what will become of our Broncos and all gas engine cars? Will they be worthless that no one will want them or buy them due to skyrocketing gas prices? Is this even something to worry about and is anyone thinking about migrating to EV?
The more EVs there are, the cheaper gas will get...It's simple supply and demand.
Sponsored