Sponsored

How Long will the Bronco be in Production?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The more EVs there are, the cheaper gas will get...It's simple supply and demand.
I totally agree with you. The only caveat, would be federal, state and local governments may increase taxes on gasoline (like most of Europe) to incentivize the switch to EV's.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EVs will devalue drastically when you get to the end of battery life age. Also, we physically cannot mine all the minerals and ores needed to build all the batteries needed for this shiny new world people think is possible. Take it from a mining engineer, it’s simply not possible.

With that in mind, there is no way long term EVs will replace ICEs. The current % of EV on the road is still 3-4% from memory, and that’s only in the areas of the world where the green Kool-Aid has been ingested.

Don’t get me going on the costs associated with wide-scale electrification using intermittents...another hopeless solution for a non-existent problem.

I guess you now know my thoughts on this matter...LOL

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People in the US have no idea how great gas prices are and have LONG since been. Living overseas for a decade at a time, used to pay over $9 a gallon of gas and still rising over there. Relax, but at the same time, why fight progress too. Looking forward to any kind of toys the future has for playing outdoors and not going to hate, just going to vote with my dollars.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is anyone else wondering the same thing that I am......Usually for a brand new model there are so many years they will be produced- before changing the design, new, improved model, etc. With the strong coming of EV's and some manufacturer's announcing full change over to EV's relatively soon- will the Bronco production be short, then change to EV or stop? Is Ford too late in the game of gas powered engines to introduce this wonderful new Bronco? I am getting one and will be retiring in 5 years. This Bronco is my last new vehicle. If gas climbs so high it forces us to EV's, what will become of our Broncos and all gas engine cars? Will they be worthless that no one will want them or buy them due to skyrocketing gas prices? Is this even something to worry about and is anyone thinking about migrating to EV?
Another concern is being allowed to manually operate vehicles in the future. I was reading an article that suggests at some point, once automated vehicles are a major thing in certain settings, police might be pulling people over for disobeying regulations mandating automated operation. In that case, I'm not sure how manually operated vehicles would fit in.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mostly unrelated, but can someone invent an electric lawnmower roomba already?
Yeah it is actually out there. Not sure of the company but the podcast "Tool bags" with Tony Mazzarotti mentions it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The world will convert entirely to electric when it can possibly do so without ruining the planet in doing so.

That day is generations away. Coal burning isn't going away in my lifetime and America seems to think that wind power will replace any valid amount of electric generation to suit an argument, it won't. Not even with the 4th generation wind turbines being trialed in the Netherlands currently.

Bronco will be around as long as Ford thinks it can make money selling it.

CAFE is as stupid of a dream as an entirely electric global grid.

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WRONG THREAD!! If you are interested in a EV, get a Tesla or another e-car.

IMO: Bronco People are old school!! And we like it that way.. Manual .. 2-door modern “60’s Bronco in 2021!!

However, I completely respect and understand why people like things like 4-door, auto and maybe one day electric Bronco..

100% not interested!!! I want my gas Bronco, manual,2-door until the government forces me to give it up or I die first.

Bronco-Bandlands Forever!!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes the technology exist, yes there are already EV products out...but to change out a whole infrastructure and to to train and develop people to support those infrastructures and product will take time....LOTS of time...not in my lifetime.

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
See how well renewable energy worked out in Texas?
Sponsored