Sponsored

How Long will the Bronco be in Production?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gas would have to hit astronomical highs to 'force us' to EVs. That isn't going to happen in the near to mid future. Legislation is more apt to remove gas vehicles or make them fall under some special carbon tax similar to 'gas guzzler'.
I've run the numbers. It's about $6 gallon.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As I wrote previously, until someone invents an 400-passenger electric airliner that can fly over the Pacific ocean, there will be gasoline. The same production infrastructure that refines jet fuel, makes gasoline.

Unless gasoline is taxed differently than it is today, it will relatively follow the price of jet fuel. The bronco will be driving around on gasoline to take most of us to our grave site in our caskets.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See how well renewable energy worked out in Texas?
Are you implying that 21% of renewable energy that comprises the Texas power grid led to it's recent failure? It couldn't possibly be the state's insistence to remain independent and to avoid federal regulations that mandate winterization in generation and transport?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do you think there will be sustainable skyrocketing gas prices? This only comes into being in the US if the majority of voters here want it to happen, via taxes on the purchase of refined products. Crude oil is in abundance in the US. It is still one of the most cost efficient fuels around, and not expected to change. I can see major metropolitan cities putting limits on internal combustion engine vehicles being driven within certain zones through permitting, etc. But I don't see an outright ban on internal combustion engines in the US. There will continue to be niche producers of such vehicles.
They voted, the pipeline was stopped, and domestic production is going down: https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielc...of-us-oil-and-gas-production/?sh=136b2756361c

Another concern is being allowed to manually operate vehicles in the future. I was reading an article that suggests at some point, once automated vehicles are a major thing in certain settings, police might be pulling people over for disobeying regulations mandating automated operation. In that case, I'm not sure how manually operated vehicles would fit in.
FordPass... don't think the Feds can shut down your vehicle using it? Maybe, but... it has remote stop.

Just some of what you're agreeing to:
  • Environment Data: Information about the environment in which the vehicle is driven, such as the weather, road segment data, trail and road surface conditions and geometry, traffic signs, and other surroundings.
Report lack of seatbelt use to the cops? That you were off-road where it's not legal?
  • Connected Voice Data (may also be referred to as Digital Assistant): Information such as voice commands/utterances when the voice recognition system is in active listen state. The system is in an active listen state when the “Push to Talk” button is pressed and/or the “wake word” or “wake phrase” is heard.
Ford IS listening.
How they use that information includes:
" or to comply with legal requirements. "

One day you're legal, then the laws change and you're not... ignorantia juris non excusat

"We may share your personal information without notice to you where we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to: comply with a legal requirement or enforceable governmental request"

Also, no right of a class action. You have to go up against Ford's deep pockets all by yourself.
"Pursuant to Section 21 - Each Party may bring Claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in a class"​

Unless they meant the other "lawn"...
Like the backyard?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They voted, the pipeline was stopped, and domestic production is going down: https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielc...of-us-oil-and-gas-production/?sh=136b2756361c

FordPass... don't think the Feds can shut down your vehicle using it? Maybe, but... it has remote stop.

• Environment Data: Information about the environment in which the vehicle is driven, such as the weather, road segment data, trail and road surface conditions and geometry, traffic signs, and other surroundings.
Report lack of seatbelt use to the cops? That you were off-road where it's not legal?
  • Connected Voice Data (may also be referred to as Digital Assistant): Information such as voice commands/utterances when the voice recognition system is in active listen state. The system is in an active listen state when the “Push to Talk” button is pressed and/or the “wake word” or “wake phrase” is heard.
Ford IS listening.

One day you're legal, then the laws change and you're not... ignorantia juris non excusat

"We may share your personal information without notice to you where we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to: comply with a legal requirement or enforceable governmental request"

Also, no right of a class action. You have to go up against Ford's deep pockets all by yourself.
"Pursuant to Section 21 - Each Party may bring Claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in a class"​

Like the backyard?
Well, the "southern" yard actually.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a terrible amount of either misunderstanding or 'head in the sand' about electric vehicles. First, the materials for batteries, the charging time, the availability of chargers and the range are all things that will be conquered by engineering. Just look at how far it has come in a few years. Not long ago Porsche scoffed at the idea of electric, right up until a sedan wiped it off the map in acceleration. Now they too are going there. The EV motors embarrass ICE for torque. The other problems will be solved for. Enjoy whatever you like while the market supports it.

And maybe it will be something completely different that takes over - just read that Porsche (and maybe others) have a "clean" internal combustion solution, but the power curve is still in favor of the electric motors. When you can get a Bronco with x% more torque and HP from electric vs ICE, (and have access to charging at a equivalent prices to gas) then I'm guessing it won't be an argument. Until then, let's hope we can finally get the ones we are ordering and enjoy them and have something better still to look forward to. I, for one, like progress.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just hope keeps it around long enough to build me my WT....

that’s all

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is a terrible amount of either misunderstanding or 'head in the sand' about electric vehicles. First, the materials for batteries, the charging time, the availability of chargers and the range are all things that will be conquered by engineering. Just look at how far it has come in a few years. Not long ago Porsche scoffed at the idea of electric, right up until a sedan wiped it off the map in acceleration. Now they too are going there. The EV motors embarrass ICE for torque. The other problems will be solved for. Enjoy whatever you like while the market supports it.

And maybe it will be something completely different that takes over - just read that Porsche (and maybe others) have a "clean" internal combustion solution, but the power curve is still in favor of the electric motors. When you can get a Bronco with x% more torque and HP from electric vs ICE, (and have access to charging at a equivalent prices to gas) then I'm guessing it won't be an argument. Until then, let's hope we can finally get the ones we are ordering and enjoy them and have something better still to look forward to. I, for one, like progress.
And how many miles range will you have to get to the middle of no where?

Some of us who have been in engineering more than a few years understand the amount of time it takes to see some technologies to critical mass. Fuels cells, yup, one project I worked on in the 90's was promised we would have have handheld size field ready units in two years, still waiting.

Last edited:

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You missed the point...definitely not getting the Bronco for its acceleration, power, or torque...if that’s what you’re getting it for, there’s a range of vehicles with lots more acceleration, power, and torque..,gas and or EV...

Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How long?

Ford Bronco How Long will the Bronco be in Production? sandlot-for-ev-er-forever1

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope keeps it around long enough to build me my WT....

that’s all
"Please come in and have a seat. I'll shut the door so we can talk."

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford IS listening.

Like the backyard?
https://shieldheadwear.com/
Now you can wear your tin foil hat in public without looking crazy

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score