rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

most people well always say forever but most get bored or find something else they want .
Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Either until the green police confiscate the damn thing at gunpoint or until I gift it to one of my kids. It's mostly a sentimental thing, but I'm also too stubborn about finances to trade up later(buying a new car is almost never financially justifiable IMO).

The 86 Bronco my dad bought in 89 made it to 300k miles with one engine rebuild. By the time I got it for myself the truck was falling apart, gas was $5 a gallon, and I was paying my way through university making little more then $350 a month working part time. Yet I'd still have that damn truck if I could afford to keep it limping along. I even bought a haynes manual and a tool kit to try to work on it, but I didn't have the knowledge, skill, time, or access.

Over this same 6 months I also had my mom die under the worst possible circumstances, girl troubles, was so financially destitute I had to get a loan to pay off a loan just to stay in college, got mugged and assaulted. I was arguably homeless in that I didn't have any firm long term housing in town.

To say this was the lowest point in my life is probably not an understatement. Not losing the truck itself, but the circumstances surrounding it obviously. Things were so bad that losing the truck was less of a choice and more of an obligation I had to take care of on a moments notice as a favor to the poor bastard whose house it broke down in front of because I didn't even have a place to tow it to.

Within a couple years after that I was in a stable relationship, I had decent housing, I finished school, and I started making 50k a year with my first job after college. Things have only continued to get better since.

Needless to say being salty about that situation is feeding my desire to buy and keep this truck. Even though I acknowledge that's not a rational reason. The truck would be another good reminder that while good times don't last bad times don't either and hard work etc pays off.

Blood_and_Mud

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Ranger died at 285K miles; I intend to keep my Bronco until it (or I) dies.

Sponsored

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a car for about 2 years before I get bored and move on. We will see with the bronco, might hang around longer.

In general I go with life is to short to drive the same car for very long. Though I did take up motorcycles in the last 2 years so maybe that will scratch my car itch for a bit.

Jwis

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Typically, we do not drive our four-wheeler much, only 2-4,000 miles per year--thus it is willed to our children (wonder if they will fight over it). I purchased the Granger Ford 10-year extended warranty, which will probably mature after I am no longer able to wheel. However, our "own it forever plan" may change if an unfortunate event occurs either off or on-road, then it most likely would be replaced with a new and updated Bronco.
Sponsored