Sponsored

How many are you are considering leasing versus buying the Bronco?

MIG1963

Badlands
First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may lease while I wait for the Hybrid version and a green Bronco.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never leased a car but I would If the deals are good, especially if I’m unsure its a keeper....You can always buy at lease end. No reason you can’t mod a leased car and return to stock.

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There pros and cons But it all depends. For leasing I would stick to the 2.3 but auto but if I decided to buy it and maybe sell it later then I would do the 2.7/ auto with hardtop to get the most of the sale value.
If you plan on keeping your truck for more than five years, leasing never makes sense financially. If you want to throw away money because you have money to spare, and just want the convenience of a lease and getting a new truck/car in three years, then fine.

Fact is, with a lease, you never own the vehicle. You will always pay monthly (albeit slightly less), and the up-front cash at the beginning of the lease -- If you buy, you have the entire car paid off in 5 years and then every year after that you see dramatic reductions in your monthly (if you averaged it out).

That being said, if you have money to throw around and don't care about wasting some, then a lease gives you that new car every three years, no repairs, etc.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never really understood the appeal of leasing. You cant modify it, you're limited on how much you can drive it with hefty penalties if you go over, and it still costs almost as much as purchasing. You're basically just paying the depreciation and getting nothing in return. I guess if you really like rotating cars every couple years it works.
Agree. And where I live I get the added bonus of paying an extra tax for the privilege of leasing! Fail.

Sponsored

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm thinking about leasing because I may want the bronco pickup when/if it comes out. I've seen a lot of gladiators around town I'm starting to get a liking too

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leasing is a terrible idea. They’re going to ask you to put 1-3K down and pay whatever your credit allows, interest rate is a thing on leases too.

Jeep has the sport for $375 a month with 4K down if you qualify. Then you’ll pay 13.K over 3 years and if you want to buy it at lease end you’ll pay more than 50% residual. They’re leasing you a 32K vehicle for 17K and they’ll tell you pay 20K+ if you want to keep it. If you plan on keeping it, never lease. I did that on my Challenger and realized it was a huge mistake and I refinanced into a loan at 3% at $640 a month, same as my lease cost 6 months later. The residual on that lease was like 32K after I would have paid 20K+

Leases are for people who never want to own the car.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The reason I might end up leasing so I don’t lose out too much on $$$. I have cybertruck deposit on hold but it might take 2-3 years until I get the truck.
Lease to potentially buy. If they come out with a version I like better, I'll turn it in. If not, I'll buy out the lease. Something I've done anytime I buy a new model or new version of a vehicle and it's always worked out well for me.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to run the numbers on lease vs. Buy. Just saying one over the other is better or worse is not correct. Manufacturers often offer incentives on leases that make them very attractive. Depending on interest rates and depreciation on certain models or economic conditions changing can all affect your decision. The last vehicle I leased as a 17 Explorer. We put the tax and registration fee down and the payment was $360 a month with wear care and 15k miles per year. The residual was $26k. When the lease was up, wholesale value was $28k. Retail was $32k (roughly). My salesman (he and I ended up knowing each other fairly well) checked and let me know they could not get one at auction same miles and model for the residual. He wanted to sell me a new vehicle, but agreed it was a great deal to buy it outright. It had been a good vehicle, so we bought it. It also gave us the option of passing if we didn’t like it or it had problems. After lease fees, we saved about $3k vs. buying. We financed it as a used vehicle @3.75%, I paid it off in about a year (a good bonus helped). Bottom line, you have to run the numbers and decide the value you place on certain things. Ford may not offer leases on certain models like the Black Diamond (every try and lease a Mustang GT? Ford has had bad luck with returning condition and lease failures) and may offer excellent offers on the Big Bend or OBX. I will look at my options and make the best decision based on what’s going on at the time my order comes in.

Last edited:

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm leaning towards a low mileage lease to get the payment down, and will likely buy once the lease is up.

I've always wanted a Bronco as a fun weekend car, so I'd like to have this for a long time.
Me too. I expect to get a lot of driving fun out of the Bronco, until they decide I'm too old to Drive!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lease to potentially buy. If they come out with a version I like better, I'll turn it in. If not, I'll buy out the lease. Something I've done anytime I buy a new model or new version of a vehicle and it's always worked out well for me.
Exactly incase too many issues occurs or u want to jump on something else

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have to run the numbers on lease vs. Buy. Just saying one over the other is better or worse is not correct. Manufacturers often offer incentives on leases that make them very attractive. Depending on interest rates and depreciation on certain models or economic conditions changing can all affect your decision. The last vehicle I leased as a 17 Explorer. We put the tax and registration fee down and the payment was $360 a month with wear care and 15k miles per year. The residual was $26k. When the lease was up, wholesale value was $28k. Retail was $32k (roughly). My salesman (he and I ended up knowing each other fairly well) checked and let me know they could not get one at auction same miles and model for the residual. He wanted to sell me a new vehicle, but agreed it was a great deal to buy it outright. It had been a good vehicle, so we bought it. It also gave us the option of passing if we didn’t like it or it had problems. After lease fees, we saved about $3k vs. buying. We financed it as a used vehicle @3.75%, I paid it off in about a year (a good bonus helped). Bottom line, you have to run the numbers and decide the value you place on certain things. Ford may not offer leases on certain models like the Black Diamond (every try and lease a Mustang GT? Ford has had bad luck with returning condition and lease failures) and may offer excellent offers on the Big Bend or OBX. I will look at my options and make the best decision based on what’s going on at the time my order comes in.
At those numbers a third option was to have a dealer buy it out and you pocket the difference. No damage inspection-no over miles issues. So always know residual vs trade in value at the lease end. Residual is a bank's guess at a future value. Truck values 3 years from now will vary greatly if gas is $5.00 a gallon. Do you think 3 years ago any bank factored in Covid's impact on today's the used car market?

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People think I am crazy for saying that these will lease out starting at $350-400 (40K miles over 3 years, maybe $1000 down). But it makes sense because of their likely high residual value and the fact that Ford/Dealers are motivated to have a solid stock of used ones for dealers in a few years. We will see.

Also, maybe these will be "hobby cars" not daily drivers which may prompt some to opt into low mileage leases.
I hope yoir right!!!?

Rion

Big Bend
First Name
Rion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never ever ever lease. Ever. You always pay more. Unless your company is leasing for you, never ever lease. Especially a rugged outdoor vehicle.
Sponsored