Sponsored

How many are you are considering leasing versus buying the Bronco?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A non business, non luxury car lease is probably one of the most idiotic things a person can do when purchasing a vehicle. You'll pay a big chunk down, have limited miles, have to keep vehicle immaculate then pay the dealership to take it back after lease expires. 100% completely stupid financial decision.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A non business, non luxury car lease is probably one of the most idiotic things a person can do when purchasing a vehicle. You'll pay a big chunk down, have limited miles, have to keep vehicle immaculate then pay the dealership to take it back after lease expires. 100% completely stupid financial decision.
Although not from a luxury brand, the Bronco is a luxury item (i.e. you dont need a bronco). So from a purely financial standpoint the Bronco itself might not make sense.

Mine wont be driven daily or maybe even weekly. My lease down payments usually just cover taxes. The disposition fees are usually waived if you lease another car.

Also, I am also not certain how long I would want to keep a FMY bronco, consider the Mkv Supra and the power upgrade for MY21. Finally, I am concerned with quality control with covid still lingering.

spiker3101

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy silverado midnight edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reason I might end up leasing so I don’t lose out too much on $$$. I have cybertruck deposit on hold but it might take 2-3 years until I get the truck.
I wanted a cybertruck too!!Let me know how ya like it when you get it will you.And the 4 wheeler too,how cool!

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't even offer leases on the big bronco.

You can't walk into a Ford dealership and lease a Raptor either. Flagship models that are destined for way more than traditional on road uses. Too much potential for big wear and tear issues imo.

Maybe we'll see some options once they figure out residuals etc, but if there's leases I think the numbers will be so unattractive almost no one will do it.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I liked the wildtrack untill i saw no fog lights. Fog lights are essential like rain sensing wipers for me
It comes stock with fog lights...they'll probably be a hundred aftermarket options too.

Screenshot_20210102-085032_Chrome.jpg

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends on GVWR. If payload is limited idk if I could bring myself from walking away. So maybe I’d lease. I’m not opposed to leasing to get me some cushion to see Fords next steps. Then buying out my lease whether that’s Week 1 or Month 6. If we find out they are totaling retooling things to lighten the car for 2022, my Day 1 reservation fulfillment will be a money loser. In which case Id be better off leasing, and maybe getting out of the lease and buying a 2023 or something.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It comes stock with fog lights...they'll probably be a hundred aftermarket options too.

Ford Bronco How many are you are considering leasing versus buying the Bronco? Screenshot_20210102-085032_Chrome
Yes, but it dosent have the off road suspension the Badlands does so I'm going with that trim package.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes it does. It has the Sasquatch package standard.
your right, I stand corrected. I've gone over the specs so many times they are all confused.....or is it I that is confused

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly incase too many issues occurs or u want to jump on something else
Exactly what you guys said. I will lease the bronco starting out. Like you said, you always have the option to buy at the lease’s end. With it being a new vehicle, leasing might be better for them to work the bugs out, if any. I can turn it in for a better version in a few years. I have a feeling with the next few versions of the bronco, they are going to come out with some much more exciting things, increased features and options. Leasing is cheaper than financing anyways. I just finished a Jeep lease, now time to wait for the bronco!

if you want to customize it with aftermarket parts then no it’s not good, but I have built mine just how I want it and will use it mainly for city/highway driving, and light off roading, no rock crawling. Just depends what you plan to use it for and that will help steer you for which option is better. My dealer has already said the bronco will be available for leasing

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Leasing is cheaper than financing anyways.
Well not really. Leasing is just another form of financing. With a lease you are typically paying a much higher financing cost. And not building any equity in the asset that you are leasing. Most people just look at the monthly payment, and don't really consider the time value of money, in these decisions.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
True, I guess it’s not “cheaper” but if you are someone, like me, that’s likes to have an updated vehicle and not have to worry about the cost and servicing of an aging vehicle then leasing might be a better option. Many people trade in a newer car and they become upside down on the loan. Again just depends on your preference and intended use

Rivdog07

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To echo and add to what some others have said... I will 100% be leasing for these reasons:

1. Always have a newer vehicle. I like having brand new cars where I don't have to worry about warranty, maintenance or problems. Having always leased, I have NEVER had to have something fixed on a vehicle, nor replaced tires or brakes.

2. No risk AT ALL. If I don't like it, turns out to be a POS, or want something new in a few years, I can turn it in with no hassle or money out of pocket. I just walk away. If I do like it, I can still buy it. But if I buy and hate it in 3 years, I'm so under water that I'm stuck with it.

3. Not great, but strong residual. It's in line with the JL, which I currently lease. I will be buying my JL lease out well under market value (about $8k) and will sell to the dealer when I pick up my Bronco. I will make about $4k on that trade-in alone. I suspect with the bronco demand, there will be people lining up to buy the first used broncos coming off of lease. Buy it out, sell it, more $ in my pocket.

4. Low mileage driver. I work 1 mile from my house so mileage never factors into my decision.

The blanket "worst financial decision" argument is so shallow and misinformed. For me, the only argument to ever purchase a depreciating asset is if you are going to drive it until the wheels fall off. That's not me.
Sponsored