Sponsored

How many are you are considering leasing versus buying the Bronco?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reason I might end up leasing so I don’t lose out too much on $$$. I have cybertruck deposit on hold but it might take 2-3 years until I get the truck.
Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People think I am crazy for saying that these will lease out starting at $350-400 (40K miles over 3 years, maybe $1000 down). But it makes sense because of their likely high residual value and the fact that Ford/Dealers are motivated to have a solid stock of used ones for dealers in a few years. We will see.

Also, maybe these will be "hobby cars" not daily drivers which may prompt some to opt into low mileage leases.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never really understood the appeal of leasing. You cant modify it, you're limited on how much you can drive it with hefty penalties if you go over, and it still costs almost as much as purchasing. You're basically just paying the depreciation and getting nothing in return. I guess if you really like rotating cars every couple years it works.

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never really understood the appeal of leasing. You cant modify it, you're limited on how much you can drive it with hefty penalties if you go over, and it still costs almost as much as purchasing. You're basically just paying the depreciation and getting nothing in return. I guess if you really like rotating cars every couple years it works.
There pros and cons But it all depends. For leasing I would stick to the 2.3 but auto but if I decided to buy it and maybe sell it later then I would do the 2.7/ auto with hardtop to get the most of the sale value.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to always buy... the last couple, I've leased, either 2 years or 3 years. I save enough money to pay off the lease portion, then decide if I want to buy at the end. I know...................buying is always cheaper.................but since I'm in CA, if I decide to buy, I pay 9% tax up front, on the whole purchase. If I lease, I pay only the tax on the principle portion of each payment. My goal is to get to the end of the lease, and feel that I have a choice to keep a vehicle or not. If buying, I've got to think whether to keep the vehicle at the end of the same 3 years, while knowing that I've already paid the full amount of tax on a vehicle that I no longer want. BTW, unlike many other states, you DO NOT get credit for the value of your trade in in CA. You just keep paying tax on the whole thing, over and over again!

Last edited:

Alan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535xdrive M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to always buy... the last couple, I've leased, either 2 years or 3 years. I save enough money to pay off the lease portion, then decide if I want to buy at the end. I know...................buying is always cheaper.................but since I'm in CA, if I decide to buy, I pay 9% tax up front, on the whole purchase. If I lease, I pay only the tax on the principle portion of each portion. My goal is to get to the end of the lease, and feel that I have a choice to keep a vehicle or not. If buying, I've got to think whether to buy the vehicle at the end of the same 3 years, while knowing that I've already paid the full amount of tax on a vehicle that I no longer want. BTW, unlike many other states, you DO NOT get credit for the value of your trade in in CA. You just keep paying tax on the whole thing, over and over again!

In Virginia you also do not get the value of a trade, you pay sales tax on the full value of the purchase. We also have to pay a tax on the value of the vehicle every year (I live in Arlington County in Northern VA).

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am just finishing up a leased vehicle
Never again. Felt like I spent the last three years throwing
Money out the window.

it’s not for me...
To each their own I guess

Toyota leased the shit out of their Tacoma’s, which I feel has watered the resale of the truck, they are on every used truck lot around my area, 10 years ago a used Tacoma was a unicorn...

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be surprised if there are good lease programs on the bronco early on. Surely the residuals will be high, but with the demand for bronco I dont think ford will need to take the risk associated with leasing. When ranger launched the residuals were really high, but ford set the money factors high to keep people from leasing them. I bet the same will happen with bronco but I really hope I'm wrong.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get z plan and leasing F150s has been great for me. I looked at all the costs, interest rate and reduction of risk (you can turn in a vehicle that has had problems). It was almost the same expense as buying and if I didn’t like the truck, I get something different. Granted, those two years limit modifications, but it was to have a “free” look and a known price if I decided to purchase. Ford is fine doing leases if it makes sense. They book the sale, the leasing company makes $ on the lease and the dealer network gets access to a fleet of low mileage used cars. The question becomes what the residual is and how predictable is it? Mustang GTs are usually not leased and incentives are rare. 1. Because they sell everything they make and 2. The lease returns are often beat to hell. Bronco would face a similar situation. I would prefer to lease and see if the 2.3l is the right choice, but I am assuming it will not be as attractive as the F150s here in the Detroit market.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a good question. I would generally want to buy and I have bought my two Jeeps as I modified them a good bit but never went with tires bigger than 35s and 2.5’ lift and I’ve run everything including the Rubicon trail on those. With the bronco, it seems I can get everything I want (Badlands and squatch) and be extremely off road capable right from the factory - and be able to lease for a low payment and decide to return or buy at end of the period. Unless the articulation of the squatch is not great, then maybe need a suspension lift and that would move me into buy territory. Tough decision...

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer in Long Island, NY said he heard they plan to have "aggressive leading deals". I took that to mean cheap.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just hope whatever ford decides to do with leasing the bronco it doesn’t offer cheap leases that flood the market.
Toyota has done this with Tacoma and the truck which used to be hard to come by in the used truck market now they are everywhere, watering down the resale...

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope whatever ford decides to do with leasing the bronco it doesn’t offer cheap leases that flood the market.
Toyota has done this with Tacoma and the truck which used to be hard to come by in the used truck market now they are everywhere, watering down the resale...
They should for the first year broncos after that not so much, that way I get a good deal ?

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm leaning towards a low mileage lease to get the payment down, and will likely buy once the lease is up.

I've always wanted a Bronco as a fun weekend car, so I'd like to have this for a long time.
Sponsored