Sponsored

How many "converted" (transferred) reservations (orders) got delivery dates at old dealer?

Did you get an email for the wrong order?

• Yes, but got one for the correct one as well

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, as you may have seen my posts already today. I was delighted when I saw the email from Ford telling me they had scheduled my build, until I realized they were informing me about my original reservation that my old dealer had turned into an order without my consent. After asking them to switch it back, they refused and told me I could just cancel and they would keep the Bronco. With a lot of help from @DealerInsider I was able to move my reservation timestamp to Chapman and selected a Badlands.

I called the Ford Customer Relations Center Bronco hotline today to see if this was just a cruel mix-up, as for weeks I have been calling them to ask to have my old order removed from my Ford account. I asked about this exact scenario, and they assured me it could not happen. So, today they were very surprised when I called and they looked up the VIN I gave them.

Has this happened to you? If you were a transferred order, did you get a build confirmation on a vehicle your old dealer will be selling out of their stock leveraging your timestamp? If so, call Ford and let them know. I have asked if they can cancel that order on the offending dealer, but maybe they need to hear from more people if this is widespread.
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would take caution with your requests of Ford.

You may have an order at Chapman but the Ford backlog hasn't updated completely so the email went out with the fields auto-generated from when you first placed your order.

The order details may be different from what's showing up in the auto-generated fields.

For instance, I still show a WildTrak at my original dealership (that was two dealerships ago) on the front facing part of Ford's website.

However, I know for a fact that my order is placed through a different dealership with a Badlands build.

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would take caution with your requests of Ford.

You may have an order at Chapman but the Ford backlog hasn't updated completely so the email went out with the fields auto-generated from when you first placed your order.

The order details may be different from what's showing up in the auto-generated fields.

For instance, I still show a WildTrak at my original dealership (that was two dealerships ago) on the front facing part of Ford's website.

However, I know for a fact that my order is placed through a different dealership with a Badlands build.
I called Ford and the VIN is showing as an Outer Banks going to my old dealer (same as the duplicate order on my Ford account still shows). They dove into my new order number to see if there was a VIN or anything tied to that, and nothing. Confirmed with Chapman that I did not preview my Badlands with them yet on the WBDO system.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I transferred my reservation back in November and just got my build confirmation today, it is correctly showing my new dealer

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called Ford and the VIN is showing as an Outer Banks going to my old dealer (same as the duplicate order on my Ford account still shows). They dove into my new order number to see if there was a VIN or anything tied to that, and nothing. Confirmed with Chapman that I did not preview my Badlands with them yet on the WBDO system.
Oh, dang. Didn't know you took those extra steps from your first post. I was being optimistic.

Yeah, that's FusterCluck right that. I won't be surprised if I see more of this issue popping up with people that transferred.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, dang. Didn't know you took those extra steps from your first post. I was being optimistic.

Yeah, that's FusterCluck right that. I won't be surprised if I see more of this issue popping up with people that transferred.
Yeah - it was the first they had seen of it - she was really surprised and went off to find a supervisor. I figured I'd post here since there are many of us who went the transfer route and many who still have two orders showing on their Ford account, even though we can confirm our timestamp is on the new order.

I had asked the old dealer (by phone and via email) to cancel the old order, but they did not. Now I know why- they were banking on the order the originally placed with my reservation staying "live" in the system, and giving them an early (first 3 hours res) 'freebie'.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guys are soooo mean to these dealers just trying to make a buck

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it was very apparent when they figured out that could not move converted orders and started changing timestaps to match that the old orders were going to go through. This is no surprise to anyone.
Sponsored