Sponsored

How many days does it take for ford to build?

Kenlutzintero

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have any idea how many days the ford factory takes to build a bronco from start to finish?
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Days? It does not take days. I say easily less than 1 day. Someone who works at a factory can correct me but once they start rolling it is quick. The more important question to ask is once built how long does it takes to be delivered to your dealership.

Anyone have any idea how many days the ford factory takes to build a bronco from start to finish?

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's an interesting question, and if you ever watch those "how it's built" shows, you see how quickly a vehicle comes together.

Keep in mind, what we're really talking about is how long to assemble. The components take far more time to build than the final assembly.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Days? It does not take days. I say easily less than 1 day. Someone who works at a factory can correct me but once they start rolling it is quick. The more important question to ask is once built how long does it takes to be delivered to your dealership.
Remember: just because X00 Bronco’s finish production per day, it doesn’t mean each one took 1/X00th of a day to complete from start to finish. Parallelism and pipelining... I think OP is asking how long a single vehicle takes to produce from nothingness.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Impossible to answer as the engine and trans are delivered assembled. They are built at different plants. Same with interior like the seats and the dash. You would have goto every supplier/vendor and time how fast they built their part.

Remember: just because X00 Bronco’s finish production per day, it doesn’t mean each one took 1/X00th of a day to complete from start to finish. Parallelism and pipelining... I think OP is asking how long a single vehicle takes to produce from nothingness.

Luvbug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion 2010 Mercury Mountaineer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s probably takes 2 days. From the Body shop to Paint Shop then Trim Shop and then to Final. At MAP The Body Shop is located south of the Main and Paint Shop. So if a vehicle starts in Body probably like 28 hours or more. MAP has Tunnels which runs between the 3 plants. Those tunnels can hold probably 60 or more vehicles each. It’s over 24 hours start to finish. I just don’t remember how long exactly.

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive only had experience ordering a BMW new but if memory serves it was built pretty quickly but then spent a few days in paint. I think it was about a week total that the car had gone through all steps start to finish and was ready to be shipped. It then spent a week waiting to be shipped and then 2 weeks for the trip across the pond from germany. In total, the dealer had about a month after it was scheduled.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s see... 4 years x 365 days +1 for leap year= 1461... so about 35,064 hours and counting

broncojimmy

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Three, that’s the Magic Number
Yes, it is, it’s the magic number
:)

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recall reading 28 hours before but....
Sponsored