Sponsored

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

• 2 doors only

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • 4 doors only

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • 2 and 4 door models

Votes: 109 60.9%

• Total voters

BOFOL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Will the Bronco 6G be a 2 door or 4 door SUV?

Personally I'd love to see both but if I had to choose one I'd go with 4 door. What say you guys?
Sponsored

Moniturr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette C7
I'd like to see a truly compact SUV like the Broncos of past so I'm hoping for a 2 door version. There's enough Ford SUVs to cover the demand for those that want bigger.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
4 door. More practical and based on Jeep Wrangler (Bronco's direct competitor) sales, the 4 door far outsells the 2 door.

VonDutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
4 door. More practical and based on Jeep Wrangler (Bronco's direct competitor) sales, the 4 door far outsells the 2 door.
Agreed and that's what i voted. Have to go after the biggest sales numbers first or the car might get canceled again after not too long of bad sales.

OP
OP

BOFOL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed and that's what i voted. Have to go after the biggest sales numbers first or the car might get canceled again after not too long of bad sales.
Yea that was my thinking. Cars and trucks have gotten bigger since the Bronco was last in production and it'll have to adjust to the fact that the four door Wrangler is far and away the more popular seller. I think by more more than 70%.

Question will be whether they offer different configurations like Jeep. I think they should if they want to really be direct competition.

Sponsored

Broncowski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Start small and go from there. The Bronco despite its strong nostalgic badge has a big hill to climb taking on the Wrangler. Those are some loyal buyers. Not to mention there will be some internal cannibalization with Ford's own products unless they really differentiate the Bronco with superior off road capabilities and less focus on comfort and creature comforts.

If they overextend themselves with multiple models at the outset it just means more costs to recoup quicker.

wiggy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
im personally a 2 door guy myself, I think the JKU looks too much like a hummer and would worry the Bronco 6g might also. Or worse yet, it could look like an Explorer.

Ocelot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It really depends whether they would have different wheelbases which I highly doubt for the Bronco, at least from the outset. The two or four door debate is as old as time in the Jeep community but mostly because of the different wheelbases. Some say the 4 door is longer so it will let you climb bigger walls and go more places easily, that its more stable in the rocks etc. Two door owners say there's better breakover angles which makes it better on the rocks while the shorter turning radius makes it better for tighter trails. There will never be an end to this debate.

OP
OP

BOFOL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 4 door also happens to look better (IMO) and be more practical. Not that I would recommend it but I've even see people with baby seats in the back. Might be useful in a pinch. Also I agree about the 4 door being more versatile over more different types of terrain in general. That's true of most vehicles with wider tracks/longer wheelbases.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built Ford Tough
It really depends whether they would have different wheelbases which I highly doubt for the Bronco, at least from the outset. The two or four door debate is as old as time in the Jeep community but mostly because of the different wheelbases. Some say the 4 door is longer so it will let you climb bigger walls and go more places easily, that its more stable in the rocks etc. Two door owners say there's better breakover angles which makes it better on the rocks while the shorter turning radius makes it better for tighter trails. There will never be an end to this debate.
That's a good point -- the answer on 2 or 4 door might depend on your use. The short wheelbase on a 2 door Jeep makes for a real choppy ride on the highways where most of us drive anyway. A longer wheelbase of a 4 door is definitely more comfortable for normal street driving, plus the practicality of extra set of doors.

Sponsored

fourbyfour

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think sharing the Ranger platform will lend itself better to a 4 door Bronco. The only thing that makes me question it is Ford has many 4 door SUV's in its lineup and the Bronco is really a pretty niche vehicle always has been. IF there's demand for it (which is questionable when looking at Jeep sales) then I think the Bronco would be the perfect 2 door SUV candidate.

F M L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I think sharing the Ranger platform will lend itself better to a 4 door Bronco. The only thing that makes me question it is Ford has many 4 door SUV's in its lineup and the Bronco is really a pretty niche vehicle always has been. IF there's demand for it (which is questionable when looking at Jeep sales) then I think the Bronco would be the perfect 2 door SUV candidate.
I hope they don't oversize the 6th gen Bronco The full-size Bronco was nice, but I'd like to see a true genuine Wrangler killer. My dream would be that it's a mix of the Raptor and a Wrangler.

indyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I have doubts that Ford will bring a true Wrangler competitor here.

The Everest / Ranger platform is expensive to begin with and they have a lot of development money invested in this platform. It would make sense to extend it for another low volume seller.

I see Ford bringing the Bronco back as a pseudo Explorer, only slightly smaller and a little more rugged. My bet is it will share very little with the original intent of the Bronco even if it wears the name, even if that's what we all want. Ford knows sales of SUVs are hot but true off road lightly optioned SUVs are not what is driving sales.

Toyota with it’s SUV platforms have only achieved very little. A classic example is the Prado, 70 Series and FJ Cruiser. The FJ Cruiser is the cheap option and it started out at a price point higher than the Wrangler.

Even the wheel base on the Everest is around one foot shorter than the Ranger. The Ranger without an extended wheelbase option will find it hard to meet CAFE, I can’t see how a Bronco will even come close.

Like the Colorado/Canyon I do think the Bronco will be an Amercianised variant of the Everest. Some different styling ques, available in 2WD for the wanna be SUV driver.

wiggy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Wrangler is sold in 2 and 4 door versions and continues to do so I assume they both sell decently well. Why not make both versions for the 2020 Bronco too so it can appeal to the widest demographic? Can't cost much to produce two different variants, just some change to the body shell and interior.

B2C

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My guess is the Bronco will be an extremely niche vehicle and targeting the 4 door Wrangler which is by far the higher volume seller makes sense. I'd love for them to make a Raptor version of it eventually but I just don't see it happening. There's too many SUV's now vying for a piece of the pie.
Sponsored