Sponsored

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

• 2 doors only

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • 4 doors only

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • 2 and 4 door models

Votes: 109 60.9%

• Total voters

Geotoxic

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why can't it have suicide doors like the Supercab version of the f150?
Sponsored

Kris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion
Now it sounds like it might only come with 4 doors. Definitely makes sense from a business perspective to focus on what would sell better since 4 door model would definitely sell better than 2 door, but 2 door was one of the defining characteristics of the Bronco. It will already feel different by just adding 2 doors. Willing to give it a chance though, but please give it distinctive Bronco styling at least.

linkwpc

Threads
Reaction score
I would want to see something like a FJ Cruiser style. Like a two and half type of door for easier access to the rear.

dangcarnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
This should be a no brainier, it's a Ford Bronco it has to have 2 doors. Any more and all the die hard will boo Ford making another 4 door car like everything else.
Look around and that's all you see is 4 door cars and trucks now a days. Lets try and step out of the box a little and make something that everyone is waiting to buy.
The reason the Mustang was popular is you brought back the look of the best parts of the old car. Then all the other car manufactures followed suit.
This is Ford's chance to make a popular SUV back to life and start something again for the young at heart to take off road. I really think Ford messed up with the Explorer and not making it rear wheel drive, (who makes a truck front wheel drive anyway?) But they geared that to the Mothers of the land like a station wagon of sorts. Ford don't make the same mistake with the Bronco.
Just a dangcarnut :)

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This should be a no brainier, it's a Ford Bronco it has to have 2 doors. Any more and all the die hard will boo Ford making another 4 door car like everything else.
Look around and that's all you see is 4 door cars and trucks now a days. Lets try and step out of the box a little and make something that everyone is waiting to buy.
The reason the Mustang was popular is you brought back the look of the best parts of the old car. Then all the other car manufactures followed suit.
This is Ford's chance to make a popular SUV back to life and start something again for the young at heart to take off road. I really think Ford messed up with the Explorer and not making it rear wheel drive, (who makes a truck front wheel drive anyway?) But they geared that to the Mothers of the land like a station wagon of sorts. Ford don't make the same mistake with the Bronco.
Just a dangcarnut :)
FWD is more fuel efficient (think CAFE), and allows for more floor space in the passenger and storage compartments since you don't have the trans tunnel to deal with.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FWD is more fuel efficient (think CAFE), and allows for more floor space in the passenger and storage compartments since you don't have the trans tunnel to deal with.
All those are true.

You would save even more gas by taking the bus, walking or riding a bike. You will also have a ton of floor space on the bus.

Now think to yourself why more people don't want to take the bus.

Is Ford building something for CAFE/regulations or for customers?

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK. I'm in here. Kids get the 2007 Highlander in a couple years and I was leaning towards Jeep 4dr as its replacement.
For the warranty, modern tech, and modern materials, I would buy newer over building or buying a classic.

To be fair, for the money the Rubicon pretty much matches any old school build out + has a ton of modern design upgrades. Now to wait and see. I'd love to get into a Modernized Ford Wrangler alternative.

4 Doors for me though. Kids + their friends means we need the space.
Cost is a concern though. Wrangler 4Dr used market prices are insane.
Hope the new Bronco does not get scalped like the Raptor is with over book pricing about everywhere.

B2C

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
SMH why are we talking about FWD?? Btw the Bronco better be 4x4 or Ford shouldn't even bother.

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SMH why are we talking about FWD?? Btw the Bronco better be 4x4 or Ford shouldn't even bother.
The other poster said he didn't know why Ford changed the explorer to FWD. That is the reason.

saymkt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150 XLT Screw 4x4 5.0L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK. I'm in here. Kids get the 2007 Highlander in a couple years and I was leaning towards Jeep 4dr as its replacement.
For the warranty, modern tech, and modern materials, I would buy newer over building or buying a classic.

To be fair, for the money the Rubicon pretty much matches any old school build out + has a ton of modern design upgrades. Now to wait and see. I'd love to get into a Modernized Ford Wrangler alternative.

4 Doors for me though. Kids + their friends means we need the space.
Cost is a concern though. Wrangler 4Dr used market prices are insane.
Hope the new Bronco does not get scalped like the Raptor is with over book pricing about everywhere.
If we see ADM with the new Bronco grrr... you're right about used Wrangler prices, I can't understand how it can be justified other than there is no competition. Jeep is competing with itself right now but I think that will change when the Bronco arrives.

Sponsored
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that if Ford really wants to compete with the Jeep Wrangler, this vehicle MUST have a removable top, with the option to have both a hard top and a soft top, just like the original. The removable doors would be a nice feature as well, but not a highly necessary one to compete. The two and four door option is a hit or miss in my book, but there definitely needs to be a two door model to start with.

If this Bronco is built on the same platform as, or is simply a rebadged/renamed Ford Everest, it will NOT compete with the Wrangler. If it is, it will compete with the Jeep Liberty or Compass, and Ford already has the Escape for that segment.

I really hope that it is like the first generation with the removable top and straight axles.

mmak1617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 ford Ranger, 2013 Escape
2 doors is the only way for the new Bronco should be made. If you want 4 doors get a Explorer,when is is ford started competing with Jeep? it`s not as reliable as FORD . I had a full size 91 bronco and it was an all around Great SUV, 5.8 V8 pulled my boat great, took out the back seat and both the wife and i slept in it and i`m 6`1" , great turning radius,could have removed the top but never did. Ford needs to get back to what it`s known for BUILT FORD TOUGH. Not another yuppie Suv, Why is it all of a sudden Ford is competing with Jeep their is no comparison, Jeep is Jeep, Ford Truck`s are america`s #1 selling Truck and if they bring back the Bronco it should be like the old style 2 doors, Big motor,Removable top,Removable back seat. I miss my Bronco

Mckenzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Volkswagen jetta
Two doors plane and simple they always only had two doors, put the bench seat in the rear like the old Broncos removable top would be cool, gotta have the nice round headlights. if ford want to create something that is way different than anything else this is what they should do. The Broncos was a legendary vehicle. Don't be like Chrysler and bring back and iconic car, the Dodge Dart and make it look like a prius.

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 doors is the only way for the new Bronco should be made. If you want 4 doors get a Explorer,when is is ford started competing with Jeep? it`s not as reliable as FORD . I had a full size 91 bronco and it was an all around Great SUV, 5.8 V8 pulled my boat great, took out the back seat and both the wife and i slept in it and i`m 6`1" , great turning radius,could have removed the top but never did. Ford needs to get back to what it`s known for BUILT FORD TOUGH. Not another yuppie Suv, Why is it all of a sudden Ford is competing with Jeep their is no comparison, Jeep is Jeep, Ford Truck`s are america`s #1 selling Truck and if they bring back the Bronco it should be like the old style 2 doors, Big motor,Removable top,Removable back seat. I miss my Bronco

Because the Ford Bronco WAS designed and intended to COMPETE with the JEEP CJ. The Full Sized Bronco came along later when the Blazer/Jimmy and Ramcharger started eating up a lot of their sales as well.

Jeep's reliability is absolutely above Ford's when it comes to initial customer quality, and holds it's value a lot better when compared.

Yes, the F150 is the best selling truck when you include the Fleet Sales.

Ford will have a hard time with the FS Bronco due to the EPA's confounded rules and regulations concerning fleet wide footprint metric's. It is hard for them to continue with the 2 door truck as it is, even GM and Dodge have a hard time with their numbers. But since Ford and GM make larger trucks, it is possible for them to make the numbers work within the parameters of the constraints.

But I do agree that when built, regardless of size, it needs to have a removable top and back seat or at least a fold flat rear seat and front passenger seat.

Artie

Wildtrak
First Name
Waymon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 4X4 Limited, 1961 VW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will the Bronco 6G be a 2 door or 4 door SUV?

Personally I'd love to see both but if I had to choose one I'd go with 4 door. What say you guys?
DID YOU EVER SEE A 4 DOOR RACE CAR?
Sponsored