Sponsored

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

• 2 doors only

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • 4 doors only

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • 2 and 4 door models

Votes: 109 60.9%

• Total voters

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still think crew cab pickups are just wrong. You're giving up too much bed space.

"bUt juSt uSe A TrAilUr!"

Just no.

I had an extended (non crew) cab pickup as my first truck, but there wasn't room for human beings in the back "seat." Great for putting stuff, though...except that the handle to open the back door kept breaking. Thanks, GMC.

Replaced it with an extended (non crew) cab full sized truck. Plenty of room in the back seat for people, even adults. I have a friend who is 6' 7" and he can comfortably sit behind me. Then again, I am pretty short, so my seat's up there. Anyway, I digress. I hardly have enough passengers to need the back seat as a place for passengers. Plenty of room for putting stuff, though.

Realistically speaking, I could get by just fine with a single cab pickup as long as it has at least a 6 foot bed, and I really miss dad's old '94 SIlverado. Single cab, 8' bed, best truck we ever had for hauling firewood. The other Silverados he had were OK for it, my Tundra does well enough, and his current F-150 does fine, but that long bed Silverado just rode better with a full load of wood, and the engine never seemed to care that the bed was full.
6 foot bed works great for me, new trucks with the tailgate down gives you plenty of length for hauling 4x8 sheets of OSB.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still think crew cab pickups are just wrong. You're giving up too much bed space.

"bUt juSt uSe A TrAilUr!"

Just no.

I had an extended (non crew) cab pickup as my first truck, but there wasn't room for human beings in the back "seat." Great for putting stuff, though...except that the handle to open the back door kept breaking. Thanks, GMC.

Replaced it with an extended (non crew) cab full sized truck. Plenty of room in the back seat for people, even adults. I have a friend who is 6' 7" and he can comfortably sit behind me. Then again, I am pretty short, so my seat's up there. Anyway, I digress. I hardly have enough passengers to need the back seat as a place for passengers. Plenty of room for putting stuff, though.

Realistically speaking, I could get by just fine with a single cab pickup as long as it has at least a 6 foot bed, and I really miss dad's old '94 SIlverado. Single cab, 8' bed, best truck we ever had for hauling firewood. The other Silverados he had were OK for it, my Tundra does well enough, and his current F-150 does fine, but that long bed Silverado just rode better with a full load of wood, and the engine never seemed to care that the bed was full.
I think that a crew cab truck is about 10x more practical than a long bed single cab. I just think of the back seats as a bunch of locking storage. 5.5” bed is a bit short but you can still get the 6.5” bed with a crew cab in the 150 and it’s standard on the 250+

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think that a crew cab truck is about 10x more practical than a long bed single cab. I just think of the back seats as a bunch of locking storage. 5.5” bed is a bit short but you can still get the 6.5” bed with a crew cab in the 150 and it’s standard on the 250+
An extended cab with a 6.5' bed is about the same length as a crew cab with a 5.5' bed, and those are already long enough. An extended cab with an 8' bed or a crew cab with a 6.5' bed is just too much for me.

I haul quite a bit of firewood with my truck. Stove wood is cut to 16". To be sure none of it's going to find its way over the side on the way home when it's stacked carefully in the bed, we'll pretty consistently start a 4th row, which comes out to 64" of length in the bed.

A 5.5' bed is too short, so your fourth row winds up being in there sideways and being stacked higher and less stably. You won't lose any over the side on the way home, but it will attack you when you open the tailgate to unload. A bed extender would solve this, but it's an extra accessory that you shouldn't need.

A 5.5' bed also leaves quite a bit hanging over if you're hauling lumber, whereas you can lay down full 8'x4' sheets of OSB or plywood and the open tailgate of a 6.5' bed will support them, as Tslater1989 said. I've also hauled 10' and 12' boards (not sheets) in a 6.5' bed with the tailgate down. They hang out a lot, but they are more secure than in a 5.5' bed (yes, I strap my loads down).

I don't have a family or a crew of construction workers to haul around., so as long as I have enough cab space, I'd rather have less cab space and more bed space.

The Bronco will be a different story for me. I want to make sure I have enough interior cargo space. Even though I'm not concerned with passenger seating capacity, I may get a 4-door just for the extra interior cargo room. I really want a 2-door, though. I really need to lay eyes on the real deal to know for sure.
Sponsored