Sponsored

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

• 2 doors only

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • 4 doors only

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • 2 and 4 door models

Votes: 109 60.9%

• Total voters

Broncowski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who has grown up off-roading in Broncos all my life, I am way more concerned about the drivetrain, axles, transfer case and locker options than the # of doors. If ford doesn't get this part right nothing else matters. I own 2 classic broncos, one is all stock and a great classic, the other is built for off-roading. I also have a sister and a good friend who both own jeep rubicons. There have been many times in the process of building my bronco to be as or more capable as their jeeps that I have thought about throwing in the towel and just getting a rubicon. Off the factory floor you can't buy a better set up. I have wheeled rubicon's stock and lifted and for all the modern amenities you get they are fantastic. If ford doesn't build a model to compete with this they are totally missing the boat with off-road enthusiasts, and might as well just keep building escapes and explorers. I can tell you that when we hit the trails my bronco overwhelmingly gets all the attention over the jeeps, but that is because it is a classic and unless at a bronco event I rarely see others out there, and I see few other classic vehicles as well. What I do see is numerous 1997 and newer jeeps, 2 and 4 door versions. I would love to see a new bronco with stylings that hark back to the first gen bronco much like the mustang has done. I believe many others would gladly welcome an option to the jeep. I advocate building both 2 and 4 door models. I love the classic look of 2 and also love the functionality of 4 doors. Both can be great and capable off-road vehicles, and for me that is the most important. The other feature Ford needs to make sure and incorporate is a removable top, the lack of this feature really hurt the Toyota FJ. Plus I know how awesome it is to wheel and ride around with the top off and even the doors. I hope Ford does it right, if they do I will definitely be at a dealership. I would buy a 4 door version if given the choice, put on a 4" lift and 35" tall tires and be ready to go to the Colorado mountains with my family
+100 you hit the nail on the head. Jeeps are EVERYWHERE but for good reason but if given a choice of an equally capable modern Bronco I will take it any day over a Wrangler. I do have my doubts since Ford seems perfectly happy just pleasing 90% of the mainstream public who just wants an SUV that LOOKS tough without actually being it. I question if they have the courage to build a truly rugged Bronco that is going to compete with the Wrangler on more than just rugged styling. If they do I don't think the # of doors will matter much. Off road enthusiasts will flock to the 2 door if they build that and we all know there are enough 4 door buyers out there.
Sponsored

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, Mustangs - too many to list
Bronco has always been a 2-door do not change it. Did you ever see those Centurion Bronco Conversions, ugly

I have a 4 engine lineup

5.0 Coyote

Eco-boost V6

Standard V6

Diesel

Dracoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Bronco
I think both 2 and 4 door options would be the best move. Reason being, there will be those (and I believe many) that will feel it's not a true Bronco if it,s not a 2 door, and there will be others that will really like it, but wish it came in a 4 door version. (perhaps they have kids, or like to have several friends and 4 doors is just easier in those cases) The Bronco/offroad enthusiast will likely prefer the 2 door, while the commuter/family person will likely prefer the 4 door.

Dracoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Bronco
......And removable top please!!!!!

Sponsored

Dracoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Bronco
That's a good point -- the answer on 2 or 4 door might depend on your use. The short wheelbase on a 2 door Jeep makes for a real choppy ride on the highways where most of us drive anyway. A longer wheelbase of a 4 door is definitely more comfortable for normal street driving, plus the practicality of extra set of doors.
While you make a valid point, the 4 door Jeep is very close to the length of a 2 door full sized Bronco (which this new version appears to be) However the Bronco is wider giving it better stability, also the Bronco has more cargo space. I drive an 85 Bronco, and have had a 94, 84, 82, 81, also my younger brother currently has an 85, and has had a 96, two 80 somethings, and my other little brother had a 94 (mostly stock except for bigger tires, 2 of them had 4" lifts)... my point being, we've a little experience in the matter of Bronco handling. They handle great on and off road, highway, city, dirt, mud, rock (never tried hardcore straight up boulder rock crawling) sand.... Great in cramped parking lots, the short wheelbase makes them turn on a dime, well more like a nickle, but still....... Anyway, I advocate both 2 and 4 door, but they should keep the added length to accommodate 4 doors minimal. (oh yeah, and the leg room in back has never been an issue.) Personally, I don't really see Jeep as a competitor at all, Jeep has their thing, and their followers, Bronco is a different animal all together, and by animal, I mean beast. I just hope that they stay true to Bronco's abilities.

Dracoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Bronco
As someone who has grown up off-roading in Broncos all my life, I am way more concerned about the drivetrain, axles, transfer case and locker options than the # of doors. If ford doesn't get this part right nothing else matters. I own 2 classic broncos, one is all stock and a great classic, the other is built for off-roading. I also have a sister and a good friend who both own jeep rubicons. There have been many times in the process of building my bronco to be as or more capable as their jeeps that I have thought about throwing in the towel and just getting a rubicon. Off the factory floor you can't buy a better set up. I have wheeled rubicon's stock and lifted and for all the modern amenities you get they are fantastic. If ford doesn't build a model to compete with this they are totally missing the boat with off-road enthusiasts, and might as well just keep building escapes and explorers. I can tell you that when we hit the trails my bronco overwhelmingly gets all the attention over the jeeps, but that is because it is a classic and unless at a bronco event I rarely see others out there, and I see few other classic vehicles as well. What I do see is numerous 1997 and newer jeeps, 2 and 4 door versions. I would love to see a new bronco with stylings that hark back to the first gen bronco much like the mustang has done. I believe many others would gladly welcome an option to the jeep. I advocate building both 2 and 4 door models. I love the classic look of 2 and also love the functionality of 4 doors. Both can be great and capable off-road vehicles, and for me that is the most important. The other feature Ford needs to make sure and incorporate is a removable top, the lack of this feature really hurt the Toyota FJ. Plus I know how awesome it is to wheel and ride around with the top off and even the doors. I hope Ford does it right, if they do I will definitely be at a dealership. I would buy a 4 door version if given the choice, put on a 4" lift and 35" tall tires and be ready to go to the Colorado mountains with my family
I agree, I really hope that they stay true to Bronco's capabilities, and not make it some urban yuppiemobile, I would like them to make the top removable (from what I've seen, they sadly don't seem to have incorporated that feature) I've owned several Broncos myself and have found them to be quite capable stock, though bigger tires never hurt anyone, and a few sizes larger can be put on without any modification (except maybe calibrating the speedo and odo meters, if you care about that, which none of mine had. They were only off by a little bit) I've run 33's with no changes to my Bronco, and I've run 35's on the 2 lifted ones, though my current 85 Bronco, I've shaved the fenders, and can easily run 35's without changing anything else, (possibly even a little larger, but 35's for absolutely sure) I could put on 38's with just a 2 inch lift. (all this takes into consideration bottoming out and turning, though I would need to change my wheel offset a little for the 38's to maintain my turning radius)

Mckenzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Volkswagen jetta
The Ford Bronco has always been a two door model and it would be a sin to put four doors on it. If you want something with four doors buy an escape or expedition. My step father and I are both waiting for this vehicle to come out, hoping to buy one. I'll tell you right now if it has four doors I'll be spending my money some where else

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I voted 2 doors. I would much prefer a Bronco with 2 doors. If it's 4 doors it will be a lot less interesting to me. I'm hoping the Bronco will be a unique vehicle that is geared toward fun, not duplicating a platform Ford already has and not compromised too much to fit a standard mold.

mmak1617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 ford Ranger, 2013 Escape
Lets see what the 4 door would look like before anyone wants one.....I had a 91 bronco loved everything about it, took the back seat out and being 6'1" i was ok sleeping in the back with the wife. I don`t think a 4 door would give you that.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe hidden 4 door like an extended cab? I definitely hope that they have 2 door versions.

powerhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f350,sporttrack,ranger,capri
Would like to see a 2 door model looks sporty and will buy one if they do.

Ricochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
I want a 4 door my self. Basically same size as an FJ cruiser is what I want. That would be perfect for me. However, I want to see them offer it all. I would even want to see them offer a Bronco SVT based on the raptor frame. That 2.7L ecoboost would be wicked in a "proper" SUV sized vehicle. 2 door for those who want it. 4 door. Extended versions with more cargo room.

As said earlier. It's all in the guts. They need to treat the Bronco like the Raptor. The Explorer is the mall hero car. They have their suburban utility items covered. The Bronco belongs to a different class. Like a Jeep Wrangler vs the Liberties etc. This vehicle needs to be bullet proof. Solid. Battle ready. This will not be a "fleet" buyer vehicle. This needs to be more like the Raptor. Which is what I suspect it will. If it drops a year or so behind the new Ranger.

Ford already offers the "mall rated" vehicles. They need to offer an Enthusiast grade option like they have for their full sized trucks. They need a REAL Sport Utility Vehicle. True 4x4 design. From the ground up.

Last edited:

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If its a 2 door only it wont last aka the Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Jeep currently sells more 4 door Wranglers then 2 Door ones by large margins. If Ford doesn't appeal to this demographic the Bronco will be a flop at pulling Wrangler buyers from Jeep. As someone who owned a FJ and now owns a JKU I would never own a 2 door SUV again. Yes I understand that historic point of a 2 door Bronco but Ford needs to make both for it to have a mass appeal.