Sponsored

How many Jeep purists were convinced to buy a Bronco by the KOH videos?

Are you a Jeep to Bronco person?

• Were you a Jeep only person until you saw the KOH videos?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco hype will go beyond 2 years. Bronco will keep their following which I FEEL will in fact be some Jeep converts... the same ones that are NOT purists and simply like the vehicle for what it represents. A fun 4x4 with that open experience.
I started this thread after watching a number of Jeep guys on the KOH Bronco ride along videos commenting to the affect, "Wow, my Jeep could never do that, I'm getting a Bronco."

So I think it is fair to say there will be a number of Jeep purists becoming Jeep converts. There are plenty of people that love their Jeeps but never rock crawl or never do more then the Bronco has proven itself capable of in early Bronco testing videos on the rocks at the Rubicon and Moab.

Bronco IFS along with other features and styling will be plenty to make them want join the Bronco family.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you not say the following:

Kind of sound like a Jeep purist to me as you throw shade at the Bronco. But I could care less what you drive, I just feel that your thinking is incorrect in this case.

Bronco hype will go beyond 2 years. Bronco will keep their following which I FEEL will in fact be some Jeep converts... the same ones that are NOT purists and simply like the vehicle for what it represents. A fun 4x4 with that open experience.
And shit it will take longer than 2 years just to get through building reservations ... then the hype will be on the dealer lots....
Shortsighted to say or think the hype will last two years..

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep purist want to take a new wrangler up the mountain and over the rocks. Bronco guys want to do Baja high speed flying stuff, two different purposes for these nice machines.

Read many post on here about Bronco reservation holders always saying ā€œIā€™m not going to put my $40-50k Bronco on the rocks to get damagedā€. I donā€™t need a hydraulic disconnect.

Bronco will take more sales from Corolla and Kia Soul owners than from Jeep owners. Jeep sales will stay strong, they are not going anywhere. Bronco will be the hot item for two years then Bronco (prior car owners) will get tired of the 20mpg and less and high cost for tires and insurance and trade the Bronco in for a car once again.

I welcome the Bronco, Toyota needs to come back to the game also. Better for all us off-road 4wd types.
Mine will absolutely see the rocks. I'm about 2 hours from the Rubicon and spend tons of time up there. I'm also close to Fordyce, little Rubicon, and several other well known rock playgrounds. Once I put real sliders on mine she is going straight out to play!

TheAaronPerry

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep guy here. Always will be at heart. This was my third one. Two TJs and this JK, all heavily modified. Traded it in for a car now that Iā€™m in Florida (regret it) because a New England rock crawler didnā€™t really fit. Once the Bronco was announced I reserved a 2 door Badlands and am planning on beating the hell out of it just like I have with my Jeeps. It will not be babied. Definitely plan on making some rock crawling trips. Iā€™ll keep it a little more tame and maybe a more ā€œoverland-ishā€ but still eventually I plan on smooshing 37x13.5 (or 39s) under it and beastly
Ford Bronco How many Jeep purists were convinced to buy a Bronco by the KOH videos? BA31E0C4-44C2-45EE-8BF8-D36CBE451AB6

Buckleup45

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've always been a Ford guy but I also own a built 2005 Jeep TJ because Ford didn't make anything that could compete with it off-road. We'll see how it goes. I'm not worried as much about the IFS as I am the width of the Bronco vs my TJ. Some trails I've been on are tight for the JK and JL wranglers and the Bronco is a couple of inches wider than them; almost 6" wider than my TJ.

Other than that I feel like the 2 door Broncos should be an outstanding wheeler in its own right. The length should feel perfect and the hp torque should feel night and day different to the Wrangler offerings.

Sponsored

TrailCartel

First Edition
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am a "Jeeper" but i was lucky enough to get a Bronco First Edition reservation. I was on the fence about it until the KOH ride along. The Bronco guys were offering to give me therapy over my Bronco experience . :) We built this Jeep for Baja but I am looking forward to taking a Bronco down there.

IMG_9188.jpeg

IMG_9187.jpeg

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep purist here but Iā€™ll be keeping my LJ. My wifeā€™s BL Bronco will see every moderate to difficult trail out here in CO, UT & AZ areas that we stumble upon. Have no problem wheeling a $50k+ rig on rocks and tight trails, already do that now with our current vehicles.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had 2 Jeeps and sold them (1 when my son went to college and the other more recently) knowing Iā€™m getting the Bronco. I loved the Jeeps, still do and I miss them but once I saw the Bronco reveal, I knew I wanted a Bronco. Below are my 2 Jeeps.

D74B4115-CEFF-421B-BCBE-1A1404D56933.jpeg
3632E0C4-01FC-4BDD-8101-B54C9B2736DC.jpeg
Ive never seen that soft top on the white one but love it. I always wanted to get a half top for one of my TJs but I think after 02 they werenā€™t water tight.

and that red interior in the Rubi is phenomenal, what year was that an option?

Any news of a half cab soft top or whatever you call that for the Bronco? Targa top/tonneau/divider behind front seats?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you not say the following:

Kind of sound like a Jeep purist to me as you throw shade at the Bronco. But I could care less what you drive, I just feel that your thinking is incorrect in this case.

We should have a douchiest statement master thread and copy and paste in it. Iā€™ve said my fair share of trolly stuff, but Bronco buyers being Corolla and soul drivers has to be up there

(Ive owned three wranglers, test drove and was ready to buy a brand new Kia Soul til they showed bait and switch pricing and said the internet price was thousands less than the actual price, and am pretty locked into a 2021 Bronco)

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This poll is whack.

ā€œJeep onlyā€ was by default since they were the only open air 4x4 available. Now that thereā€™s an alternative Iā€™m buying a Bronco and hope the absurd wrangler resale market takes a hit, and hopefully smug people like the ā€œjeep Puristā€ cult member have to swallow some of their words:eek:

Reactions: Axe

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ive never seen that soft top on the white one but love it. I always wanted to get a half top for one of my TJs but I think after 02 they werenā€™t water tight.

and that red interior in the Rubi is phenomenal, what year was that an option?

Any news of a half cab soft top or whatever you call that for the Bronco? Targa top/tonneau/divider behind front seats?
Thanks. I LOVED that soft top and got tons-o-compliments on it. Itā€™s called a Off Road Heroes Cargo Top. A small outfit out of Canada makes them. Itā€™s super awesome as you can open the top over the front passengers, or the back, or both, the back window dropped down or take the white thing off. I ran that top from April to October.

The anvil (grey) Jeep is the 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon edition (10 years since they released the Rubicon version in 2003) and for that you could get red leather seats from the factory. That was awesome and love that one with doors off.

I still miss them ā˜¹ but the Bronco will be amazing. Hereā€™s 2 more pics:

Ford Bronco How many Jeep purists were convinced to buy a Bronco by the KOH videos? 21A8B1F4-C742-45AD-9D2A-D68921C84B56
Ford Bronco How many Jeep purists were convinced to buy a Bronco by the KOH videos? E9921915-4AE5-414A-9129-0743ACDAD5B4

Last edited:

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had 3 Broncos and a few Jeeps. Loyal to none. I like my 14 JKUR all modified but when the Bronco is on the lots for sale and they look like they last a while, I'll decide if I want to part with the cash for one then. They will be far from a simple machine so you better love your dealer. The test runs at KOH were very planned. If I was really set on getting a Bronco I would already have sold my Wrangler and have a reservation.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started this thread after watching a number of Jeep guys on the KOH Bronco ride along videos commenting to the affect, "Wow, my Jeep could never do that, I'm getting a Bronco."

So I think it is fair to say there will be a number of Jeep purists becoming Jeep converts. There are plenty of people that love their Jeeps but never rock crawl or never do more then the Bronco has proven itself capable of in early Bronco testing videos on the rocks at the Rubicon and Moab.

Bronco IFS along with other features and styling will be plenty to make them want join the Bronco family.
I think the only problem with your poll is that it doesn't seem like many Jeep die-hardship would have been hanging out here in B6G. If they already had a reservation, they were pretty open to converting. The KOH would have cemented the deal.
Sponsored