Sponsored

How many MY21 Broncos to be made for Fleet Customers?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
There are several references to Fleet orders within the recently posted 2021MY Dealer Guide. Yes, we've heard that Dealers will not be receiving in dealer stock units from MY21 to sell on the dealer floor, but we haven't heard that there would be no Fleet sales to rental car agencies, large company fleets, etc. So of the production in Detroit, for this year, how many Fleet units will be produced alongside our reservation units?
Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fleet sales are usually less profitable for car companies so I imagine few, if any will be available ahead of retail orders.

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
Fleet sales are usually less profitable for car companies so I imagine few, if any will be available ahead of retail orders.
When the Jeep Gladiator came out, about the same time I had flown into IAH in Houston, the Avis lot there had about 50 Gladiators as rental vehicles. They upgraded my midclass to a Gladiator for free, since they had so many of them.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the Jeep Gladiator came out, about the same time I had flown into IAH in Houston, the Avis lot there had about 50 Gladiators as rental vehicles. They upgraded my midclass to a Gladiator for free, since they had so many of them.
Did the Gladiator have two years of production reserved in advanced?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
I think the real answer is "we don't know what sort of fleet sale arrangements have been made by Ford". They clearly have made some, as the 2021MY dealer guide refers to fleet sales.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the Gladiator have two years of production reserved in advanced?
even if Ford gets their high on crack estimate of 70% conversion, they will be up and running for more than half a year at 5000 plus units a week. At the consensus 190K reservations, that would be 133000 units and 27 weeks to bang them out, they are all going to be 2021 unless there are more delays. If you think, like I do, that they are looking at a 35% conversions tops, then in four months and change, they will have taken care of the reservation holders. It is far, far more likely that everyone gets a 2021 than that there is a 2 year waits and anyone gets a 2023 at all.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

even if Ford gets their high on crack estimate of 70% conversion, they will be up and running for more than half a year at 5000 plus units a week. At the consensus 190K reservations, that would be 133000 units and 27 weeks to bang them out, they are all going to be 2021 unless there are more delays. If you think, like I do, that they are looking at a 35% conversions tops, then in four months and change, they will have taken care of the reservation holders. It is far, far more likely that everyone gets a 2021 than that there is a 2 year waits and anyone gets a 2023 at all.
If Ford could complete all reservations in 2021 (which no one except you seem to believe is possible) then who cares if they added some fleet orders to that?

The OP's question assumes that not all reservations are filled this year. If they were completed then the concern is moot.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the real answer is "we don't know what sort of fleet sale arrangements have been made by Ford". They clearly have made some, as the 2021MY dealer guide refers to fleet sales.
Or its in there because a dealer might have a fleet customer who made a reservation like everyone else.

It's not like they are offering a police package for the 2021. The options are just small things like removing the option to disable daytime running lights.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has clearly stated that some of the expected orders won’t be delivered until MY22/CY22.

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rumor has it that NYC ordered 2,000 4 door Black Diamond Broncos in Cyber Orange....as taxi cabs. It was the wash-out interior and vinyl seating that put it over the top for them!

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really have no idea but it's possible these aren't vehicles going to car rental agencies.... for example, my company has a Ford fleet account. My Bronco will be a company vehicle. I am technically capable of getting fleet pricing on my Bronco since... it will be considered part of my company's fleet. The only issue is... I have no idea what kind of incentives Ford is offering for fleet vehicle. I doubt it will beat the $1k under invoice I have lined up with Stephens Auto.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

weren't there two production filson bronco's being donated to the forest service? do those count as fleet vehicles
Sponsored