First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The tires and rims are pretty easy to find. The rims might not be exact but the prices will be close.

The lift is more difficult. We don't know exactly what's going to be needed to lift 2-3". If we use the 4wp build as reference, UCAs and a track bar will need to be added.

The Bronco has coilovers at each corner, which is about the most expensive option Ford could have come up with. Fox has two front coilover options for the Ranger, a 2.0 set for ~$500 and the remote res, fast adjust set for ~$2k. I've got my eye on the fast adjust, so it's looking like $3.5-4k.

Other options may crop up between now and then. Maybe an Icon or King set. We'll see what the competition comes in at.

The Pro Comp UCAs on 4wp.com are $600. That's about average for UCAs. Total Chaos usually come in around $650-700. Kings will be more.

The parts I'm less versed in are the control arms/track bar for the rear. Track bars on 4wp.com seem to fall in around $200-300.

All of this is guessing and extrapolating. And there will surely be cheaper lift options out there as manufacturers get their hands on broncos for test fits.
I think 3.5 to 4 K sounds reasonable, if you can do the installs yourself that would probably help also. I think I’m just going with the Squach, that will give me the front locker and lower gears. Also
Let me direct more time, effort, and $$$ into getting my 74 restored.
Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t Squatch. I love how it looks, the value seems good, but the sensible side of me says no. My daily driver, we don’t know the mpg, and I see fuel prices rising.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
BaseBase is the closest to an EB. Somedays I convince myself to get a Black Diamond for the rear locker, but then I think about all the pineapple pizza I could buy for the thousands and thousands of extra dollars, and I am back to Base camp.

Ford needs to offer the stand alone locker for the Base like the Big Bend and the Ranger. They promote it as having all the off-road "essentials" but somehow didn't consider a rear locker as essential.

If they had, I would have not Squatched...

Sponsored

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you like the rims/tires, it's totally worth it. You can't buy beadlock capable rims, 35" tires and the lift needed to mount them aftermarket for $2400. And if you're getting it with the auto you get better gearing to boot.
No Sasquatch for my Badlands and I opted for the optional beadlock wheels. Mainly to save on one of the deadly late delivery options and I like optional wheels better at 1K too. I know they are 1/2" narrower, 33s and not 35s. Yes, the gears will be lower when squatched. I will go 35's later once I wear out the tires and will plan on upgrades after. I go in between 33s and 36's on my EBs with 4:11 and 4:56 gears. My rock crawling is not too extreme and will be a couple years before I bounce it off rocks and need the lower gears.

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pardon the total noob question. I plan on off roading/little bit of rock crawling when I can. Being honest with myself though, I live in Dallas and this truck will be daily driven on pavement 90-95% of the time. Definitely getting a badlands and originally had no intention of squatching but the more I think about it, dammit, I want those 35s! I keep hearing people alluding to the “reality” of daily driving 35s but I don’t really know what that means. Issue with comfort, gas mileage, drone, etc? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pardon the total noob question. I plan on off roading/little bit of rock crawling when I can. Being honest with myself though, I live in Dallas and this truck will be daily driven on pavement 90-95% of the time. Definitely getting a badlands and originally had no intention of squatching but the more I think about it, dammit, I want those 35s! I keep hearing people alluding to the “reality” of daily driving 35s but I don’t really know what that means. Issue with comfort, gas mileage, drone, etc? Any insight would be much appreciated.
35s are heavy. There will be a gas mileage hit for running them. They're much wider so steering will feel a little heavier. They may have a tendency to wander a bit on the road. It's not bad, but of you're planning to commute long distances regularly, they may not be the best option

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
With a 65% Sasquatch rate there's definitely going to be a lot of people getting 2022s that's for sure. Should be interesting.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking on Sasquatch, but I'm getting a Badlands manual. And $4500CND for wheels, tires and fender flares doesn't seem like a good deal.

So instead, I'm going to add the upgraded half shafts, suspension lift (if it will be on top of the BL suspension), 5.38 gears and 37" tires.

Reactions: RLW

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking on Sasquatch, but I'm getting a Badlands manual. And $4500CND for wheels, tires and fender flares doesn't seem like a good deal.

So instead, I'm going to add the upgraded half shafts, suspension lift (if it will be on top of the BL suspension), 5.38 gears and 37" tires.
Dude, you are going to over-geared there. I have 5.13's with 37" on my wrangler (3.8 engine). I'm over geared even in the mountains, much more so when I'm at sea level. I'd do some research before going that low in R&P. Just tryin' to help.

Reactions: RLW

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me the squatch is well worth it for the wider rim, and bead lock capable at that, and the low 4.7 R&P. Plus, having the geometry right for 35" tires from the factory, not much of a leap to a 37"; damn, really close to the best thing since slice bread right there.

I can see a city dweller daily driver not wanting the 35" tires but if you off-road then it is a no brainer. Saving money and trouble by not having to buy and install tire/rims and gears??? On a totally unrelated topic does anyone want to buy the factory rims/tires from '08 JK, only 5K miles on 4 of them and zero on the other. :D

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35s are heavy. There will be a gas mileage hit for running them. They're much wider so steering will feel a little heavier. They may have a tendency to wander a bit on the road. It's not bad, but of you're planning to commute long distances regularly, they may not be the best option
I commute 70 miles a day 5 days a week, 35"s on my '13 Coyote F150. Gas mileage dropped from 17.5 to 14.5. More road noise but not too bad considering they are mud terrains. Cool feeling went up so there's that.

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was bouncing between WT and SAS OBX and last min when ordering went with the OBX SAS for the roast leather interior.
I love that interior! I was looking hard at the OBX, but I really wanted a MT with a Mid Pkg

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, you are going to over-geared there. I have 5.13's with 37" on my wrangler (3.8 engine). I'm over geared even in the mountains, much more so when I'm at sea level. I'd do some research before going that low in R&P. Just tryin' to help.
According to the math 33" tires with 4.70 gears translates to 37"/5.38.
Sponsored