Sponsored

How many of you are letting your wife have the Bronco?

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% going to be my wife's rig...giving up her Lincoln for it...we are taking her to the Austin Bronco Off-Roadeo this summer to experience it for herself.
Sponsored

Fender Bender

Raptor
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati, Jaguar, Dodge, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not so much about letting her, she just takes it whenever she feels like it which is quite often. I never thought she would like it when I finally got "mine" but she loves it. Fortunately we have a Raptor ordered so she will have to decide on whether she wants to keep the WT or her Maserati.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Letting your wife! Are you serious? You do realize that if you and your wife divorced about the only thing you’d end up with on that Bronco is the door bags to put the rest of your stuff in that she “Let” you take. 🤨
Lighten up, Francis

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my wife got her own. We don’t share well.

Sponsored

Hopkinsforestry

Badlands
First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & jeep Grand Cherokee lorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We currently have a 2015 Toyota Sienna and a 2013 Infiniti G37 Sport sedan - I was contemplating trading my G37 for the Bronco, but can't do it. It's in great shape and only has 80k miles on it. I love that car. So, the idea was that we'd trade in the wife's van and she could drive my car. She tells me 2 nights ago that the Infiniti doesn't reflect what she'd want in a car - the Bronco does. So, to make her happy I've told her that she can have the Bronco. In reality, it's just semantics. The cars are both ours. If this is what it takes to get the Bronco and stay off of the couch at night, I guess I'll do it.
Never was his! Always mine (the wife) he has a F250 diesel 8'bed. We share, but the Bronco is MINE!!! The Wife

22BroncoGirl

Base
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been waiting patiently for the bronco to come back. I ordered the 2022 2 door base and can't wait. I will let my hubby drive it after I set the 2nd fob to a max speed among other things, lol. We both have 2018 Dodge Rams, his is 4 door and mine is 2 door. Ford is buying mine for 26k since it's only got 6k miles. Mine has been on a train forever and I hope it will arrive soon.

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a funny thread. The Bronco was all hers, but with all my specs. as we were a day one reservation, and still without it last December we bought a Mach-e as a fill-in. Since driving that it sounds like the Bronco may becoming mine.... fingers crossed!

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We currently have a 2015 Toyota Sienna and a 2013 Infiniti G37 Sport sedan - I was contemplating trading my G37 for the Bronco, but can't do it. It's in great shape and only has 80k miles on it. I love that car. So, the idea was that we'd trade in the wife's van and she could drive my car. She tells me 2 nights ago that the Infiniti doesn't reflect what she'd want in a car - the Bronco does. So, to make her happy I've told her that she can have the Bronco. In reality, it's just semantics. The cars are both ours. If this is what it takes to get the Bronco and stay off of the couch at night, I guess I'll do it.
No
Not no, hell no.
NO.
No!
No with a cherry on top
This is my Bronco, you get your own. It’s like underwear, we don’t share underwear.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Opposite in our house.
She lets me drive HER Bronco. Especially when it needs gas.

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Our story is a twisted one.

We have (had) a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2017 Camaro 2LT - we had discussed getting a new family vehicle and tested out the new 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L (She's had different Jeep Grand Cherokee's for the past 9 years - I've had different Camaro's for the past 12 years).

We didn't like the new Grand Cherokee after test driving it, so we delved into the realm of 'what other 'cool' SUV should we consider' - we discussed a Wrangler, and also checked out the Bronco. A local dealer had a Mannequin we checked out, drove and climbed all over. That was it. We ordered ours there and then - Sept 20th 2021.

When it finally arrived in Jan 2022, financially, being as my Camaro was paid off with only 23K miles on it, it made the most sense to trade my Camaro against the Bronco. I got exactly, to the $$$ what I paid for it 4 years earlier - so it was a no brainer, I basically drove that car for 4 years for free.

My wife still drives the Jeep to and from work, I work from home, the Bronco only has 2000 miles on it since Jan this year.

Well 3 weeks ago, we were chatting and she said that she'd REALLY like to be driving the Bronco all the time - so we agreed to this:

I order a 2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible 6-speed manual for myself, we'll trade in the Jeep and we'll both have the cars we want. I've wanted to get back into a V8 Camaro (and a convertible) since I sold my 2011 Camaro SS back in 2018.

I'll put very few miles on the Camaro, the Bronco will be the default 'family' vehicle and I get to drive it at the weekends anyways, so it's a win/win for both of us!

The order is in, deposit paid, just waiting on it being picked up by GM to be built.

Meanwhile, the Bronco modding continues!

Ford Bronco How many of you are letting your wife have the Bronco? 2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is all mine/ours, lol I let him drive it, when I need it filled up, lol.
@Shefoot Ah haaaa, it's what I suspected along Kim. Somehere there is a handbook titled "How to control your man", and somewhere in that instructional manual there is a page that references this situation. Of course the wife denies this, but y'all have a hiding place for the book I know. The wife drives a Mustang GT Vert, and it seems like everytime I get to drive it the gas gauge in close to empty. :)

Enjoy that Bronco. I still wait patiently..........

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another Wife here.
It's mine. Sometimes I let him drive when I feel generous. But it's few and far between. JK.... He actually didn't want to drive it at first because he really wanted it to feel totally and completely mine without competition.

He loves it. He wants his own. We had a second reservation but ended up declining a second one for now. We will keep our eyes open for a used on when things settle for him.

I let my son drive it twice. He keeps thinking he can take it out without me. Um, not there yet. I know how he drives 🤣🤣🤣

But we will hit the trails together soon.

Hobbit

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We picked ours up about 2 weeks ago. So far I have only been allowed to drive it to fill it up with gas. Downside of me working from home and putting ~1 mile a day on my DD is that I can't justify me having my own Bronco.

I kid. I will probably order a 2023 Wildtrack once it opens up again.
Sponsored