Sponsored

How many personal vehicles have you ordered from factory (other than Bronco)?

How many personal vehicles have you ordered from factory?

• Total voters

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Umm, all of my breakdowns have been not been drive train related. Teslas have not been shown to be anymore immune to them as any other brand. They have not been on the road long enough to find their mechanical faults...

Don’t worry, some people inexplicably see red when they even see the word “Tesla,” and the anger level impairs thought. The breakdown comment must’ve been more appropriately aimed at me?
Yep. That'd be me. Attacking fellow posters at random.

Yeah, some real weird and irrational Tesla hate out there. Mostly fueled by all the disinformation on the interwebs. I’m just glad to see there are actually quite a few Tesla people on these forums and we can all revel in the fact that Tesla and Ford are the only two US automakers to have not gone bankrupt or saved by governmerand.nt bailouts.

Tesla, Ford and GM seem to have a lot of mutual respect for one another these days.
GM took the bailout as a short time loan. Good for them. Chrysler was so deep underwater Fiat bought them for a song.
Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just 1 before the Bronco. A 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I prefer to order my vehicles to my spec, rather than accept that someone, some algorithm, or some spreadsheet knows better at what I want than I do. I get it, I'm a unicorn (and coming up on being an "old guy" in a few years) in 2021, where the masses want the thinking done for them. I want what I want, no more no less. Yes, I've bought vehicles off the lot however those were situations where I was in dire straits or the lot vehicle happened to meet my specs.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Best truck ever i ordered took 5 months to get it wish i could get another brand new ,2002 f250 4wd ,shadow grey,v10,6speed manual ,regular cab,4.30 gears,i miss you big grey happy trails thanks for the memories ❤

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I prefer to order my vehicles to my spec, rather than accept that someone, some algorithm, or some spreadsheet knows better at what I want than I do. I get it, I'm a unicorn (and coming up on being an "old guy" in a few years) in 2021, where the masses want the thinking done for them. I want what I want, no more no less. Yes, I've bought vehicles off the lot however those were situations where I was in dire straits or the lot vehicle happened to meet my specs.
I only order if they don't have exactly what I want in stock or can't find one at another dealer and transfer it to my dealer. I've done the dealer transfer thing twice. Once from a local dealer and the other from CA to AZ.

Sponsored

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Two...
F350 Power Stroke Diesel
Thunderbird Turbo

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've owned 11 new Fords...of those I've ordered 4...a 74 Mustang...85 LTD LX...2000 Ranger and my 11 Shelby...I never tracked them..I would just wait for a call from the dealer..

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My first was a 2000 Mercedes Benz 430CLK Cabriolet. The second is this Bronco 21 years later. Funny thing, the Bronco cost more...

Auto Paint

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Platinum 2020 Volvo XC60 T6R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My business vehicles for the last decade have been Ford, and as of the last five years, we order them. My current Expedition was ordered the second week of January 2021 and took six weeks to arrive. We have a Platinum Max that has been ordered for three weeks now, and when it arrives, we will order another KR F-250. I'll order the wife a 2022 Bronco when the time comes.

Dealer inventory has been so tight with the plant shutdowns, dealers aren't going to trade each other and if they do, you're going to pay for it.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I usually buy what's on the lot for what I think is a good % off MSRP. That said, my current car is white and it will be my last white car. Other than new leases, other cars I've bought were 1-2 year old CPOs.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordering a vehicle customized to my liking, yes. Ordering a vehicle sight unseen like I’m doing with the Bronco, never.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs