Sponsored

How many personal vehicles have you ordered from factory (other than Bronco)?

How many personal vehicles have you ordered from factory?

• Total voters

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This Bronco will be my second. My first was a '93 two-toned (Navy blue/white) Bronco.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had to order 2...

1 because apparently California is full of idiots that don't know how to buy a car other than an all black interior when we live in a freaking desert..

And the second was because it was a new generation of the car that had not come out yet so my dealer "ordered" my car as part of their first allocation batch (similar to the Bronco situation)

Both took the longest 3 months of my life because it took 4 weeks alone to come across the Pacific.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m very close to ordering a forester.
When I bought my wife's 2018 Forester Touring with the 2.0 XT Turbo engine it was because the 2.5 non-turbo engine was such a dog it could not get out of its own way due to being so underpowered. They discontinued the turbo after 2018 so go out and test drive a new Forester then find a nice clean 2018 Forester with the 2.0 XT Turbo engine and test drive it, then you can make your decision.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I bought my wife's 2018 Forester Touring with the 2.0 XT Turbo engine it was because the 2.5 non-turbo engine was such a dog it could not get out of its own way due to being so underpowered. They discontinued the turbo after 2018 so go out and test drive a new Forester then find a nice clean 2018 Forester with the 2.0 XT Turbo engine and test drive it, then you can make your decision.
Is yours for sale?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is yours for sale?
Nope, wife loves it, will not let it go. However, in true Bronco fashion, I swaped the factory 18" wheels for the factory 17" wheels to get more sidewall for a better ride. So I do have a nice set of wheels for sale, see pic below. Also, here is a great Subaru info page a dealer from Washington maintains.

2018 Subaru Forester Research Page

forester17-wheel1.jpg

Sponsored

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I only pay for what I want, barring "extras" included in packages, of course. Every vehicle that I've bought new since 1998, I've custom ordered from the factory. I've never found the exact vehicle that I want on a lot, and probably never will.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2015 Mustang
2021 Bronco
Factory Five Daytona coupe...not really a car order as much as a chassis with 40 some odd boxes.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've owned 11 cars in my life so far and 9 of them were new. Of the 9, 7 were ordered. Two of those seven were picked up directly from the factory in Germany. :)

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Second for me.. ordered a 2011 MINI Cooper S from the factory. Cool process, was able to watch it through production and even know which RORO it was on for the Trans-Atlantic journey so it could be tracked with MarineTraffic.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered a 2011 Explorer and a 2015 F-150.
I'm usually an XLT kind of guy with a good interior package (302A) and the best drivetrain they offer (torquey motor, deep gears, locker, tow).

Sponsored

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Factory ordered my 2008 Charger SRT8, but that was because it was a limited availability vehicle, and at that point, I wanted what I wanted, and didn't want to compromise on options to what was already in stock elsewhere. Surprisingly didn't have to wait more than a few weeks.

Then factory ordered my 2011 Taurus SHO. Again, similar to the SRT8, as there weren't any SHO's sitting on dealership lots at the time. That was a complete mess. I knew Chicago had a long build time due to the growing popularity of the Explorer, and gave the dealership lots of lead time to get it into the order bank so it could be delivered when I wanted to switch out (I didn't drive the SRT8 in the winter, and my former GF had wrecked my winter beater. Wasn't interested in getting another winter car, and the SRT8 was racking up speeding tickets at an alarming rate, so decided to switch to something that could still perform, but didn't draw the attention the way a Hemi does). Went back to the dealership a few weeks before my scheduled delivery date, only to find out they still hadn't submitted the order to Ford. It was nearly 2 months from my preferred delivery date that I finally got the SHO, and needless to say, never gave that dealership another penny in money after taking delivery of my car.

I also factory ordered a 2012 Edge Limited for my father. I knew the QC manager at OAC, so I convinced my dad to factory order it, then had the the QC guy give it special order preference at the factory. He passed it down to my mom after her CRV died, and he bought another one in 2019.

On another note, when I worked for Toyota, one of the engineers who helped with the RAV-4 420A major model launch (XA40 - 2012), factory ordered one herself, and they let her walk through the TMMC-W plant watching her car get built, from the start of Under Body in Weld, all the way until she got to jump in the car and be driven off the line in Assembly

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those that have ordered before, particularly from Ford, is there some sort of tracker that we get access to? Like Domino’s pizza tracker status?
did your confirmation email look like this? Hopefully the “view online” link in the email will track it like a pizza.

58200A9E-6629-4417-B6BE-BE7E6D8D2B1D.jpeg

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
did your confirmation email look like this? Hopefully the “view online” link in the email will track it like a pizza.

58200A9E-6629-4417-B6BE-BE7E6D8D2B1D.jpeg
Yeah, it did. But it seems like converting the order made even less information available through the website (now it just shows In-Store Order with a “Contact Dealership” button), so I wasn’t sure if we should expect that to be the source of order progress.

Would be super cool if they had like cameras setup at various stages of the assembly process to automatically take photos of your VIN as it made its way and upload them to the site. Know that’s not happening though!

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, it did. But it seems like converting the order made even less information available through the website (now it just shows In-Store Order with a “Contact Dealership” button), so I wasn’t sure if we should expect that to be the source of order progress.

Would be super cool if they had like cameras setup at various stages of the assembly process to automatically take photos of your VIN as it made its way and upload them to the site. Know that’s not happening though!
mine does the same, with a picture of the model I chose when I first made the reservation. hopefully, this page doesn’t mean anything.

BrentLee71

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first car I ever ordered to my spec's was a 2016 RS. Car was a blast to drive!
Ford Bronco How many personal vehicles have you ordered from factory (other than Bronco)? RS1
Sponsored