Sponsored

How many reservations are there out there?

AG81

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Porsche 911, Porsche Sport Turismo 4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reservation is still out there, my dealer said COVP was done with just a copy of my license on file.
I asked for a confirmation and he said there wasn't one. I've seen them in forum posts, so I know what he said isn't true.
I asked where I was in line with the remaining orders and he said there was no way to tell (which I don't believe, I got that information last October when I updated to a 2022, and then again in April of this year, and I went from 49 in line to 76 somehow - guy that told me I was 49th is no longer there, but in six months I didn't get closer to being built, I got further away).
I have my doubts my order will ever get a production date. I emailed Ford corporate and a very nice lady called me and assured me that it would get built, there was nothing wrong with my order and COVP was done. I want to believe her but I've been lied to multiple times by my dealer. And when they aren't telling me lies, they are ignoring me.
I have to say that the folks from FORD who called me were very helpful. My order was confirmed and they will build it. It will be built before any dealer gets a car to sell and before any order after March 2022. I have now waited a year officially. My position is...... I don't need this Bronco. I want this Bronco. Mine will be rare as I ordered a "everything available Option" (as of Oct 2021) WildTrak. Yes even both style floor mats. Obviously I do not want to delete any option and prefer to wait it out.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My reservation is still out there, my dealer said COVP was done with just a copy of my license on file.
I asked for a confirmation and he said there wasn't one. I've seen them in forum posts, so I know what he said isn't true.
I asked where I was in line with the remaining orders and he said there was no way to tell (which I don't believe, I got that information last October when I updated to a 2022, and then again in April of this year, and I went from 49 in line to 76 somehow - guy that told me I was 49th is no longer there, but in six months I didn't get closer to being built, I got further away).
I have my doubts my order will ever get a production date. I emailed Ford corporate and a very nice lady called me and assured me that it would get built, there was nothing wrong with my order and COVP was done. I want to believe her but I've been lied to multiple times by my dealer. And when they aren't telling me lies, they are ignoring me.
I had a Ford OTA tech support rep trying to tell me that Sync 21146_Product Rev 145 was the newest Sync 4 software (1.9.0). If I didn't have receipts, I might have been stupid enough to believe her at some point.

I knew that Sync4 22228_Product Rev 539 was out (3.5.3)... She tried to tell me that the software was different for every Ford Bronco because they are all configured differently. Lazy 304 then tells me that she had her screen not loaded because she was having dinner. Really??? You were going to just try to shine me on and get me off the phone when you didn't even bother to check???

@Ford Motor Company is this the experience you want me to have??? Clowns.

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a Ford OTA tech support rep trying to tell me that Sync 21146_Product Rev 145 was the newest Sync 4 software (1.9.0). If I didn't have receipts, I might have been stupid enough to believe her at some point.

I knew that Sync4 22228_Product Rev 539 was out (3.5.3)... She tried to tell me that the software was different for every Ford Bronco because they are all configured differently. Lazy 304 then tells me that she had her screen not loaded because she was having dinner. Really??? You were going to just try to shine me on and get me off the phone when you didn't even bother to check???

@Ford Motor Company is this the experience you want me to have??? Clowns.
Sorry, but I don’t really understand what your post has to do with this conversation???

dukessoles

Outer Banks
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have to say that the folks from FORD who called me were very helpful. My order was confirmed and they will build it. It will be built before any dealer gets a car to sell and before any order after March 2022. I have now waited a year officially. My position is...... I don't need this Bronco. I want this Bronco. Mine will be rare as I ordered a "everything available Option" (as of Oct 2021) WildTrak. Yes even both style floor mats. Obviously I do not want to delete any option and prefer to wait it out.
Waited over two years. Unfortunately, I have little sympathy for your 1 year wait. I agree with the majority of your comments about ford and the dealers. They will build it, but you need a little bit more patience. Yes, it sucks but there are still plenty of orders out there placed longer than a year ago. Best of luck.

Original reservation: Aug 18, 2020
Received: September 23, 2022

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How Ford will lie repeatedly? get it?
But the question was “How many reservations do we still think are outstanding?”

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But the question was “How many reservations do we still think are outstanding?”

I don't think that we will get a definitive answer, but based on armchair math, I would think that about 75,000-125,000 reservations/MY22 orders would be eligible for conversion to a MY23 order at this time. I would expect 1/2 to 2/3rds to convert - leaving a low of 37,500 to a high of 85,000 converting to MY23. I am guessing that we will see around 70,000 to 75,000 actually convert - because I don't think that Ford would close the 1st 2 months of orders to previous orders unless they expected at least that many to convert.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Waited over two years. Unfortunately, I have little sympathy for your 1 year wait. I agree with the majority of your comments about ford and the dealers. They will build it, but you need a little bit more patience. Yes, it sucks but there are still plenty of orders out there placed longer than a year ago. Best of luck.

Original reservation: Aug 18, 2020
Received: September 23, 2022
As of two days ago, my medium size dealer has 5 July 2020 reservations that have converted to a 2023 that still don’t have a VIN. My 7/20/20 reservation, 1/29/21 order got scheduled two days ago. Supply chain issues won’t be fixed anytime soon so I expect many will wait 2-3 years from their original order placement date. However you want to look at it, my delivery will be about 23-24 months form order date or 29-30 months from reservation.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe a better question: How many Unscheduled Orders outstanding ?
Not just Reservations

Prob more than 300,000 unscheduled orders ?

Nov 21 this # could drop if people stay un-informed. A lot of the regular order-holders with no reservation are not getting any Ford communication about the '23 conversion process & requirements
I don't know where you're getting 300,000 orders, there are approx 94,000 confirmed orders that need to be converted and we don't know how many will drop off. Some shady dealers will try to use some of those on new orders, using an order that doesn't convert to fill a new order not in the system; but otherwise if you don't have an order in the system, you don't have an order with Ford and are not going to be scheduled.

Ford says they are producing our orders before any new ones and as long as Ford doesn't open the order banks, they are only building current orders in the system and no new orders from customers who just walked-in.

As it should be.

IF FORD STICKS TO IT'S WORD, no new orders made through dealers but not in the system will be built in MY23 until all previous orders already in the system are built. They may build most orders, while a few small dealers with a lot of orders are still waiting. But, Ford opening the order banks anytime soon would result in a very big & bad push back by the customers that have been waiting 2 years or more; I doubt Ford wants much more negative press so here's hoping they keep their word.

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Note added: I would like to see every build in the system built in order or as close to the order made as possible. How many orders does say Granger have left to fill?

And how many Broncos, given their facilities and manpower can they PDI, prep & detail and deliver per day/week? I don't think people understand how much total time and space it takes to go from off the truck to the customer. I think Ford can try to match the small dealership's abilities to deliver orders without taking too many from the bigger dealers (a handful of small v all the others combined).

But really the question is: how fast, at what rate is any dealer moving through their orders? I think my dealer is actually smaller than the number of orders due to the area's ability to buy and buy high end too and that is slowing them down in getting through their list.

One dealer can get half way through their list of total orders in maybe six months, and another in eight months or ten months; so, that effects your place in line too.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know where you're getting 300,000 orders, there are approx 94,000 confirmed orders that need to be converted and we don't know how many will drop off. Some shady dealers will try to use some of those on new orders, using an order that doesn't convert to fill a new order not in the system; but otherwise if you don't have an order in the system, you don't have an order with Ford and are not going to be scheduled.

Ford says they are producing our orders before any new ones and as long as Ford doesn't open the order banks, they are only building current orders in the system and no new orders from customers who just walked-in.

As it should be.

IF FORD STICKS TO IT'S WORD, no new orders made through dealers but not in the system will be built in MY23 until all previous orders already in the system are built. They may build most orders, while a few small dealers with a lot of orders are still waiting. But, Ford opening the order banks anytime soon would result in a very big & bad push back by the customers that have been waiting 2 years or more; I doubt Ford wants much more negative press so here's hoping they keep their word.

I wouldn't be surprised if they open the order banks in November that they will soon have another 150,000 new orders. Let's pray they first take care of the existing 2020 reservation holders and customers who ordered in January-March 2021. I finally got my 7/20/20 reservation scheduled but my dealer told me on Thursday afternoon that they still had 5 first week reservation holders with no VIN yet.

I'm sure many early res holders from dealers like Granger will have to wait another couple of years.

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As it should be.

When and where did Ford say that they are going to build all existing orders before taking any new ones? That isn't even realistic from the standpoint of a business model. If they take no new orders until all existing are built, there would be an incredible gap for them to fill with dealer stock at that point since they would have no more orders to build.

But I do agree that approx. 94,000 orders to be converted was what I had heard last week. I just wonder how many of those 94k are reservations and how many reservations there are which haven't been converted to orders at all.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When and where did Ford say that they are going to build all existing orders before taking any new ones? That isn't even realistic from the standpoint of a business model. If they take no new orders until all existing are built, there would be an incredible gap for them to fill with dealer stock at that point since they would have no more orders to build.

But I do agree that approx. 94,000 orders to be converted was what I had heard last week. I just wonder how many of those 94k are reservations and how many reservations there are which haven't been converted to orders at all.

I took it more as get all the pervious order/reservation scheduled and then let the flood gates open (mid Nov). Also, I remember reading that a dealer can order stock units during this time, BB and OBX no frills.

So in theory one could make a new order that fit those criteria and the dealer could put it in as a "stock" order and it would get built.

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't see them getting all previous orders/reservations scheduled by November. I think the best we can hope for is that they don't take any new orders until after the first of the year.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When and where did Ford say that they are going to build all existing orders before taking any new ones?
Ford said they were not opening the order banks to new orders while they work on current "20/"21 orders and they would decide when to open the order banks after COVP is complete and they know better how many of what they need to build. During that time...
I took it more as get all the pervious order/reservation scheduled and then let the flood gates open
I don't know how long the order banks will be closed, but I doubt they will open until after they know what they have. Shady dealers waiting until the last minute and customers calling in to check why their order is...? Will result in Ford needing some time to sort all of this out and any scheduling that is done before this helps Ford by making the pool of data smaller.

I think I read that the Maverick's order bank was only opened about a week:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/2023-ford-maverick-order-banks-to-close-by-end-of-this-week/

So, I don't see Ford keeping the Bronco's order banks open very long and I'm betting they want to get a handle on current orders before adding to the problem. They will still sale every Bronco they build, so no risk or bad business model to build as many current orders as possible.
Sponsored

Last edited: