Advertisement

How many reservations has your dealer received?

JPNC

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Any idea at what volume the dealer starts making money on their volume bonuses? The range on this thread is 2 to 300 or so. I would think dealers would be providing discounts to get the volume to a level where they can make the volume bonus. No clue how this all actually works, so maybe the high volume bonus is not that signifcant vs. charging msrp on low volume.

Advertisement

BroncoJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 4Runner
Mine said over 100 when I asked. He was very surprised and was hoping ford can keep up. He's also reserving one himself.

Bronco Dealer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Escape SE, JK Sahara
Any idea at what volume the dealer starts making money on their volume bonuses? The range on this thread is 2 to 300 or so. I would think dealers would be providing discounts to get the volume to a level where they can make the volume bonus. No clue how this all actually works, so maybe the high volume bonus is not that signifcant vs. charging msrp on low volume.
If only there was such a thing as a volume bonus, my store would underprice the entire planet. I won't say how many we sold, but last year there wasn't a dealer that did more.

JPNC

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
If only there was such a thing as a volume bonus, my store would underprice the entire planet. I won't say how many we sold, but last year there wasn't a dealer that did more.
I believe I read on here somewhere that dealers get $ for monthly volume. Maybe it was for specials to get old models off the lot.

Bronco Dealer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe I read on here somewhere that dealers get $ for monthly volume. Maybe it was for specials to get old models off the lot.
Not true.

Bronco Dealer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a dealer might see is additional programs that they do not have to pass on to customers, but it is not related to sales volume. There are some programs like that out there right now on F Series. Again, with regard to sales volume, if you knew how many we sold you'd understand why I keep saying this about there being no reward for total volume, it would bury your small dealers and not allow them to stay in business. Each dealer, regardless of volume, pays the same for each vehicle and is afforded the same rebates or financing offers that are attached to the zip code where the sale is reported. The location of the sale is based on where the customer registers the vehicle. For instance if there's an additional $250 rebate in one region over the other, I doesn't matter where the customer buys the unit, only where it's reported and registered. Trying to skate around these rules will result in the dealer being charged back for the rebate amount when the registration report is sent to the manufacturer.

MJJ

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 17 Nissan GTR, 20 Chevrolet ZR2, 20 Jeep Cherokee, 21 Badlands reserved

xenolon

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
My dealer would only tell me "hundreds".
My dad reserved one out in Phoenix, and his dealer said "over 600"

Advertisement

Advertisement