How many reservations has your dealer received?

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
But isn't an allocation different than the reservations? I thought the reservations are what customers are going to receive and allocations are separate inventory the dealers will receive to sell off the lot. Can someone clarify?

I was thinking that if a dealer gets little or no inventory allocated, they are probably going to be more inclined to adopt a take-it-or-leave-it stance when negotiating with customers who have reservations. Dealers will want to boost their allocations by holding on to pre-ordered vehicles customers walked away from.
Reservations and allocation are definitely two different things. Surprised dealers are confusing the two, but this entire system is something completely new for everyone, so perhaps some leeway must be extended while everyone gets comfortable with this. Dealers will absolutely get every vehicle from orders converted from reservations before they get any dealer allocation models. Nobody should be worried about not getting the Bronco they order through their chosen dealer.

Advertisement

elmystico

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser 4WD, 1990 Toyota pickup
Clubs

Reservations and allocation are definitely two different things. Surprised dealers are confusing the two, but this entire system is something completely new for everyone, so perhaps some leeway must be extended while everyone gets comfortable with this. Dealers will absolutely get every vehicle from orders converted from reservations before they get any dealer allocation models. Nobody should be worried about not getting the Bronco they order through their chosen dealer.
Thanks. My concern would be that dealers who feel they can benefit from more stock to sell off the lot will not blink when people with reservations balk at ADMs, crappy extras thrown in during the financing phase, etc. and walk away from their reservation. Is this a reasonable concern?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Thanks. My concern would be that dealers who feel they can benefit from more stock to sell off the lot will not blink when people with reservations balk at ADMs, crappy extras thrown in during the financing phase, etc. and walk away from their reservation. Is this a reasonable concern?
I said the same a couple of weeks ago and one of the dealers kept trying to say they couldn't do that when he's obviously wrong.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Chappel hills Phil long ford of Colorado Springs said they had over 300 as of this past Saturday. Stopped in to get the brochure and make sure I was on the list.

pan-y-cerveza

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

I talked to my dealer yesterday. They have two reserved.

I'll definitely be the only one in my neighbourhood with a Bronco for a while

Hkak45

First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F150 Off Road
Clubs

Y’all are lucky I’m #165,000. Small town of 2 people🤔

all jokes aside, none of us will know where the numbers fall and what it all means unfortunately until we actually receive the bronco. From what I gather even dealers that claim to know what the timeline is are lying about that. It’s going to depend on how many ford can make, if they have to evenly distributed them to different parts of the country to make more states have them on the roads for free advertisement, if the virus shuts down a plant, etc.... I’m just crossing my fingers that they actually do ship out in June.

Megawatt

Black Diamond
First Name
JO
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU on 35’s and 2.5” lift. A misplaced Texan
We have 4 Ford dealers in Vegas. Three days ago Friendly Ford said 400 reservations so far.

Advertisement

Advertisement