Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But Michael, that would require common sense and a modicum of effort! You sir are asking too much!!!
This is true. I once asked a customer (many years ago when things like 5 1/4" floppy disks existed) to send me a copy of their file to view. Got an envelope one day with a photocopy of the disk enclosed. Was kind of hard to be mad - she did what she perceived that I asked...
Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had just about every color pulled up on the B&P at one point or another. Couldn't decide between A51, Cactus, Carb, Silver, or AMB. My sales person lined them all up for me on the lot on avaialble vehicles, and none of them sang to me. Then yesterday I chose Rapid Red, that wasn't even ON my list!

Unrelated, If someone (the whole interior design team) didn't get fired for the terrible job they did with the inside colors and options, it's a damn shame.

waveform55

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just being relatively new to these forums, I suspect there might be some buyers remorse with colors. A lot of the big Bronco colors can be found on current Ford inventory, folks just need to get out and see it.

I was sold on AMB from the get-go and the renderings on Fords Bronco page looked dynamite. But I distinctly remember some of the first real-time pictures of AMB I saw (might have been on Mr Levines Instagram account?) of that 2-DR AMB and I thought ugh, damn, I can't do it. And then that overlander concept came out (BL in Area 51) and I swear nearly every photo of Area 51 that came out since it looks better and better. Kudos to folks going to these recent events and highlighting these different colors, as I'm sure it's helping people decide.

Itsmeclooney

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with Area 51 because at least that color doesn't look like every other gray/silver/white/black car on the road today. It's also not "school-bus" yellow like the CO. Considered Velocity Blue, but someone mentioned it just looks like a bud light can and now I can't think of anything different.

Would consider Race Red, but I live near UGA and there are too many damn Red cars around.

Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved an Oxford White mostly because the other colors look different in every pic I see. (and i like white cars ha)

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought rapid red was like candy apple red and ordered it, but after going buy the dealership its more like a dark maroon. If I could see all of the colors in person I could pick out the best option. I changed the color to velocity blue because it looks good on the mustang with black, but the bronco is flat and not curved like the mustang so I still don't know for sure. I ordered a basequach, you guys that ordered a higher end bronco must have a hell of a time with all those extra color option. The other thing is how is the suspension tuned, soft? How does the V6 ecoboost run? how would a 2.3 run? Do the tires sound like shit on the road? Does Sasquatch kill the mileage? how would a white top look in person? But really compared to my 71 it's going to be awesome!

B-R-O-N-C-O

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Antimatter Black will be the big surprise. Then Cactus.

But jeez, like others have said, just seek out a different Ford vehicle in the color you want and go look at it IRL. Not that hard.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's how I solved that problem....

"Oxford White"

No surprises there!

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Oxford white looks great actually. But wife shut it down because our Model Y is white.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
My first choice was AMB...and that is the color Bronco I'm getting...When I'm getting service done on my Edge,I walk the lots of the dealership...I've seen probably every color and the AMB blue on a super duty looks really good..yes it is seen in the daylight,mostly with the sun out...and it will change at night...but tell me what color,especially a metallic,doesn't change at night...

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen Cactus gray- it is just light gray. I have seen Cyber Orange- it is school bus yellow metal flake. I have seen Area 51- more blue than gray but not as blue as Toyota trucks. Those were my initial choices until I actually saw them and thus I ordered Race Red (and will have the hardtop painted Wimbledon white with white flares). Old School.
I liked CG at launch. But since I've seen it in person on the sport, I think it looks like man goo. IMO (Ford should rename CG and change it to Man Goo)