Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man goo? Do I even want to know?
Don't ask, can't get it out of my head now, no pun intended. But now I will always think about that every time I see that color. If it was only more cactus then gray. But everyone has their own style and taste, just not for me.
BTW my wife was the one who pointed the CG color resemblance to goo. šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Part of why it was so disappointing to me is because it was overcast today. IMO it didn't "pop" AT ALL. It probably looks waaay better in the sun, but we have a LOT of "partly cloudy" days in Pittsburgh. Really looked flat.

Yea maybe a better color in Sunny spots like here in Southern California or Tx or Fla.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with Area 51 because at least that color doesn't look like every other gray/silver/white/black car on the road today. It's also not "school-bus" yellow like the CO. Considered Velocity Blue, but someone mentioned it just looks like a bud light can and now I can't think of anything different.

Would consider Race Red, but I live near UGA and there are too many damn Red cars around.
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? Amazon-on-Valley-View
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? Overland6IMG_0942-scaled

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A51 is better in person than all the pics, that was my first color choice, but we decided on carbonized gray as we have a blue and red cars already and I wasn't getting white.

Cactus Gray, I wish ell those people good luck.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
that's what thought before the B&P came out and I seen all these people say I am going get BD or BL and going add all the accessors and thought they was going still pay under 50k for it
I'm talking about the people that haven't had a conversation with their dealers about price, and when they show up to pick up their Bronco, and they are told that it's MSRP + $7,000 additional dealer mark-up.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? Overland6IMG_0942-scaled
You need to go to a dealer and see it in person. It looks different in every light. Also look up fighter jet gray for mustangs, same color but gives you chance to see it on something else for reference.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You need to go to a dealer and see it in person. It looks different in every light. Also look up fighter jet gray for mustangs, same color but gives you chance to see it on something else for reference.
Yes. But I'm fairly certain it will never (in any light) look like this:

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? IMG_8820

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hereā€™s my perspective on deciding on a color by seeing it in another vehicle:
You can certainly decide if you like the color itself or if it looks like you thought it would but colors can look good or bad depending on the vehicle. For me what sets the Bronco apart (and a Jeep for that matter) is the large removable top- usually done in black/gray tones. This tends to break up the selected paint color and gives the paint a chance to pop or blend in depending on the color chosen. On most other cars the paint color you select becomes all you see - kinda like the painted jerry cans Ford showed us. The wheels and bumpers donā€™t offer enough contrast/variation to make a difference. But with the Bronco that is not the case.
On the 2-dr model With the black/gray top I prefer colors that have high contrast and thus pop, whereas on the 4-dr version the high contrast tends to be too much and I like the colors that blend.
I have ordered a BD 2-dr in Race Red. I personally donā€™t like the Race Red on the F-150s or other cars because itā€™s too much red but I love it on the 2-dr. I am also a big fan of OW for the 2-dr and would have ordered that but just canā€™t bring myself to order a white car.
For the 4-dr versions I like VB and CG.

Finally, I have no explanation for the interiors. Itā€™s not that hard. I just shake my head and move on. šŸ¤£

CBRMom

Outer Banks
First Name
Natalie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd suggest taking the wife to a ford dealership and checking out the color in person if you can. I was able to see it on a ranger indoors and on a Bronco sport outdoors. I loved the way it looked in both. but it's definitely a color that will look different on any given day. for me, in the sun, there's a hint of green and when it's indoors, it's flat grey with not a hint of green at all.
That's what I like about it - the changing depending on the light. I have 2019 F350 in Silver Spruce that is green or silver/gray depending on the light.
Sponsored