Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forget about the stitching. On a 2DR you get the outside color swatch. My Rapid Red BL will have this nice contrast trim piece.
1616115578617.png
Hopefully you are a fan of the Washington Football Team. :whistle: :devilish:
Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
I went to the dealer this weekend because of this thread to check out a few colors as well as my ordered color Race Red. Holy cow, I hated it! I knew it had some orange in it but on a sunny day it look likes a pumpkin! nothing like the pictures I have seen on here which show it much more red tones. I also looked at most other colors including CG, A51, CG, Iconic, etc. I actually loved the CG color and I definitely see a hint of green on a sunny day. I had't even really considered that color before because its not my typical choice but I think it will look great with the contrast of the black accents on the Wildtrax so I am switching! Thanks for this thread or I may have winded up with a pumpkin!

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered white, I'm assuming it will look something like this....

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? o

😆

LoneStarBridger

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have to look in person, on sunny day and cloudy day. I looked at three bronco sports side by side- silver, carbonized grey, and cactus grey. Loved cactus in sun. Took my skeptical wife to see it next Day, only cloudy out. We ended up ordering silver, as it looked best on cloudy day and good on sunny day. Carb grey looked good too, but Cact looked really different depending on sunlight. I would show pictures but I find them misleading even though I took them!

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went down to a dealer close by and found an F250 in Antimatter Blue. So I know what I’m expecting. It’s mostly Black but I like the looks of it.

Sponsored

Broncogirl16

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
I was so in love with Cactus Gray online....then saw it on the Ranger in person and didn't like it at all. Decided to wait to see what the green colorway will look like!

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If people can't figure out how to drive down to their local dealer and have a look at another vehicle painted in that colour then they deserve the surprise and have no right to be mad.
Point out which other Ford vehicles have Cyber Orange, Cactus Gray or Area 51 and I will do so. Those are the colors I am interested in. My local dealer only has a Bronco Sport and it is Silver.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Point out which other Ford vehicles have Cyber Orange, Cactus Gray or Area 51 and I will do so. Those are the colors I am interested in. My local dealer only has a Bronco Sport and it is Silver.
Ranger has Cyber Orange and Cactus Gray. Bronco Sport has Area 51. My dealer had all the colors possible available to see in person, and it really helped making up my mind.

Sponsored

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ranger has Cyber Orange and Cactus Gray. Bronco Sport has Area 51. My dealer had all the colors possible available to see in person, and it really helped making up my mind.
Actually thank you. I will go back and see if they have a Cyber Orange. Right now my build has Area 51 but have always been torn between that and CO.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a thing called the internet where you can do your own research.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Forget the colors. I think these items will be more probable concerns from people on delivery day

-Sasquatch package
>>Ride height when driving
>>Step in height for shorter people
>>Added width of the vehicle (79.3")
>>MPG (12 city!? lol)
-Unsafe feeling when driving (given the tops/no mid safari bar - and those that may have never driven a wrangler before)
-Cargo space

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered white, I'm assuming it will look something like this....

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? o

😆
I miss my old white bronco...and await my new white bronco. Hopefully they can't screw up white. However, I wouldn't complain if when it showed up it had the amazing pre-production tan interior instead of the current WT interior.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right, seems everything the dealers have near me are white, black or silver. So either Utah buyers are boring so the dealers don't order "fun" colors, or the "fun" colors flew off the lot and only the "mundane" colors remain. Or a combination of both: they order 1 fun color and 10 mundane colors because that's what buyers want, and the fun color was snatched up immediately.

I did manage to find a Ranger in Cactus Gray (definitely a green tint to my eye, and nothing like the blue tint of the launch video that I absolutely loved, curse you Ford!) and a Bronco Sport in A51. Everything else I've seen have been the non-colors. So for many people, it's not as simple as "Go down to your dealer and check out all the colors." Because it's not possible. Ideally every dealer would have a full lineup of painted jerry cans for people to examine. Alas...
Sponsored