Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally, I am slightly worried about my second to last bulletpoint re. the tops (no safari bar, etc). I will know right away if this is something I want to use as the family truckster, or if it I will be demoted to a personal toy. Not that I am saying this truck will be unsafe, but will you "feel" safe enough to put kids in it with nothing but a half inch plastic skin overhead from A pillar to C pillar.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forget the colors. I think these items will be more probable concerns from people on delivery day

-Sasquatch package
>>Ride height when driving
>>Step in height for shorter people
>>Added width of the vehicle (79.3")
>>MPG (12 city!? lol)
-Unsafe feeling when driving (given the tops/no mid safari bar - and those that may have never driven a wrangler before)
-Cargo space
I'm hoping I can find a dealer with a drivable demo before mine is delivered. We have no idea what these are like to drive. I've always wanted a 5-seat convertible for my 5-person family, but I've heard from reliable sources that the Wrangler makes a terrible daily-driver or road-trip vehicle so I've never even considered buying one. I'm hoping the Bronco is acceptable in these areas, but who knows? When I bought my Durango R/T I also tested the Explorer Sport but absolutely hated the driving position. I don't know what it was but it felt like driving a school bus, no matter how I adjusted the seat. Will the Bronco be the same? Nobody knows, but hey, give us a deposit and hope for the best!

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally, I am slightly worried about my second to last bulletpoint re. the tops (no safari bar, etc). I will know right away if this is something I want to use as the family truckster, or if it I will be demoted to a personal toy. Not that I am saying this truck will be unsafe, but will you "feel" safe enough to put kids in it with nothing but a half inch plastic skin overhead from A pillar to C pillar.
Do you have the same concern with convertibles?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have the same concern with convertibles?
I am somewhat uncomfortable driving them with the top down at highway speeds. Maybe not by myself, but with kids, most likely. With the exoskelton on the bronco I would definitely feel safer. It's enough to think about.

Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am somewhat uncomfortable driving them with the top down at highway speeds. Maybe not by myself, but with kids, most likely. With the exoskelton on the bronco I would definitely feel safer. It's enough to think about.
That's fair. I don't have kids, so I've never given it much thought. It'll be interesting to see what kind of safety ratings this will get.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's fair. I don't have kids, so I've never given it much thought. It'll be interesting to see what kind of safety ratings this will get.
Yup, changes everything haha. I am totally comfortable driving targa cars (NSX, etc) but for some reason get a bit irked in a convertible knowing that i am relying on the crash bars to pop out in event of a rollover. And would feel much more comfortable if there was a big fixed roll bar. So that said, I would probably be fine with the exoskeleton overhead.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, and how many photos on the internet are an accurate eyeball representation of these colors?
I didn't say compare the colours on the internet. The question was which other Ford cars come painted in the same colours as the Bronco so he could go look at them at the dealer. Everyone wants to be f'in spoon fed on this forum.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't say compare the colours on the internet. The question was which other Ford cars come painted in the same colours as the Bronco so he could go look at them at the dealer. Everyone wants to be f'in spoon fed on this forum.
It’s not hard to either be helpful, or just move along. Never could understand those that bitch about people asking questions on a forum. Not everyone hangs out on this forum for hours on end. People are going to ask questions. Don’t be a Richard.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the overall structural integrity of the Bronco's "roll cage" is just as solid as the Jeep's (which I assume it's designed to be), I don't see a lot of extra protection provided by a safari bar unless you're rolling over a tree stump or pointy rock or hit by a falling boulder. Which of course you could be, but a safari bar doesn't completely protect you against that either. Frankly I think I might be even more comfortable in something like a Bronco that was designed to be roofless than an actual roofed vehicle that may not provide as much "crush" protection" as one might believe.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After seeing this ranger in Catus grey I considered it for a moment.....
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 8780E0ED-D14A-4D66-907C-49B0DE11E8D3

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went down to the local Ford dealer and was able to see Bronco Sports in Cactus Gray, Area 51, Velocity Blue and the metallic blue that is almost black. Dammit, getting old means CRS rears its ugly head. Cactus Gray is mostly gray but it does have a green cast to it. Very subtle. Definitely not like the pictures on the first page of this thread. Most of the Bronco colors are ones you need to see in the flesh to really decide if they are the one for you.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cactus Gray is mostly gray but it does have a green cast to it. Very subtle. Definitely not like the pictures on the first page of this thread.
Yeah, tragically it's nothing like Ford fooled us with initially. 🤬

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 8780E0ED-D14A-4D66-907C-49B0DE11E8D3

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? IMG_8820 (1)
Sponsored