Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think its a light gray , take her a ford dealer maybe you can find something in all the same Bronco colors she can see.
I managed to find a Ranger locally in Cactus Gray and it actually was more green than I expected (a good thing - I'm sick of gray/charcoal/white/black automobiles).

But it's one of those colors you aren't really sure what it is. Does it look green right now because I want it to look green, but after I buy it and every day after I realize it's just a mundane primer gray? Is the dress white or blue, and which color do you want it to be?
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea the yellow seat stitching and accents on my area 51 badlands is going to annoy the crap out of me. For the love of God why couldn't it be a neutral color like grey or matched to the exterior color so dumb.
Dealer installed option
SFK_SAN38281.jpg

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? SFK_SAN38281
This is more like Area 51. Nothing like cactus gray.
Cactus Grey is very grey with a smudge of green.
Definitely need to drive her to a dealership to see it in person!

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But it's one of those colors you aren't really sure what it is. Does it look green right now because I want it to look green, but after I buy it and every day after I realize it's just a mundane primer gray?
It changes on the lighting. It's more mint green in the shade, and more grey in direct sunlight.

So, where you live, is it more sunny most of the time or more overcast?

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If people can't figure out how to drive down to their local dealer and have a look at another vehicle painted in that colour then they deserve the surprise and have no right to be mad.
Shoulda done their research IMO.
Yes, I agree 100%. I'm one of those "research-it-to-death" buyers, especially with large purchases like this.

But I don't think the dealers want to be in the "Shoulda done your research, you have no right to be mad" business.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is more like Area 51. Nothing like cactus gray.
Cactus Grey is very grey with a smudge of green.
Definitely need to drive her to a dealership to see it in person!
It's actually kinda right in the middle of the two. 1 part CG + 1 part A51 = whatever this is.

I don't want to take her to the dealership now, because if she changes her mind to Area 51, I'll have the same color as my neighbor/good friend one street behind me, and that's no good.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, 1) they don't expect to have to do this because they "saw" the color on the video and the website, and 2) it's more difficult to find Bronco Sports or Rangers sitting on dealer lots in some of these colors than one might think.
What about all of the other models on the Ford dealer's lot? Take your blinders off man. Go look at the Mustang, Edge, Explorer, F-150, Super Duty, etc, etc.

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yea the yellow seat stitching and accents on my area 51 badlands is going to annoy the crap out of me. For the love of God why couldn't it be a neutral color like grey or matched to the exterior color so dumb.
Yeah, exactly. At the end of the day these are small things and I cannot wait to get my hands on this vehicle... but there were some serious stylistic fails with these things. The MY22 crowd might have better luck

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What about all of the other models on the Ford dealer's lot? Take your blinders off man. Go look at the Mustang, Edge, Explorer, F-150, Super Duty, etc, etc.
How many of those come in Cactus Gray, Area 51 or Cyber Orange? And how many of those can actually be found on a dealer lot? Most dealerships are probably like mine, and 90% of their inventory is black/white/silver. Because that's what people buy these days.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why would you spend $50 to $60k on a vehicle without going to the dealership to look at the color in person? Every color is available at the dealerships now.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stared at a cactus grey ranger at dealer lot for 15 minutes. Looking away and back, in sun, in shade. All would shift the color perception significantly, not always pleasing to my eye. I believe it will be a unique, short lived color option and therefore date the vehicle, like metalic teal green camaro... Fly green jeep...

So like most things that confuse me, first I got angry, and then I killed it from my order... much better now.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many people here won't be happy with their exterior choice? Imma say close to none or at least very very low.

The general public? It might be messy
Sponsored