Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. But I'm fairly certain it will never (in any light) look like this:

IMG_8820.jpg
True. I saw it in bright sun and you can definitely see the mint in it, and on a cloudy day and looked more gray. At no point did it have this bluish look. Although the white accents really throw it off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw a 4Runner in Lunar Gray for the first time today. If I had been assigned to come up with the name for that color, I probably would have named it...Cactus Gray?

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 609F6AD5-27C0-470F-8F65-82EC09E33A6E

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to a local Ford dealer to do some color shopping today and now I have no idea what color I want. I currently have A51 on order, but the sport they had did not look good. The AMB mustangs and trucks were ok but not as good as the pics I've seen recently. The fighter jet gray Mach 1 Mustang looked great.

The A51 looked a little turquoise. :sick: I'm hoping that it was because of the yellow pollen and overcast skies.

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cyber yellow is pretty damn yellow in person haha.
It’s what I’ve ordered :)

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 609F6AD5-27C0-470F-8F65-82EC09E33A6E
Thank you for the very good photo, I now have to check one out at the dealer.

kauaiman

Black Diamond
First Name
sarge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 ford bronco, 1985 Jeep cj7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just came back from local dealership and the Anti matter blue is really black! I was really disappointed and will now look hard at the rapid red metallic. By the way,they had a new sport that was suppose to be cactus gray and it’s a light gray, no blue/ green in it at all. People really need to go see these colors in person . They are not what is advertised on the internet.

Sponsored

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the very good photo, I now have to check one out at the dealer.
its a polarizing color. It’s pretty awesome, but I promise anyone not knowing the paint name is cyber orange will call it yellow.

a bad ass, deep, metallic yellow with gold, bronze, orange pearl tones. It’s not flat looking at all in the sunlight.

even the pics I took- the camera picks up more orange than my naked eye did.
This will absolutely be a fun color for photographers.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 75E87120-4240-4A8B-BE00-BC3D8C6E8A6C

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve seen enough Iconic Silver Fords to know that I’ll be happy with it. Easy color.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First, I have no dog in the Cactus Gray fight.

Second, I know: Pictures or it didn't happen, but:

I went in search of A51 today near sunset and found a CG Ranger and Bronco Sport. I thought they had a definite minty green/gray appearance. My wife however just saw gray. Very interesting color, but I don't want it on my Bronco.

Also, the Ranger had Bridgestone Dueler AT's in 255/65x17. The tread actually looked acceptable, this should be a 31" tire. My 255/75x17 (32's) Duelers on my BB will get me by for a while. :)

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I managed to find a Ranger locally in Cactus Gray and it actually was more green than I expected (a good thing - I'm sick of gray/charcoal/white/black automobiles).

But it's one of those colors you aren't really sure what it is. Does it look green right now because I want it to look green, but after I buy it and every day after I realize it's just a mundane primer gray? Is the dress white or blue, and which color do you want it to be?
I looked at another local one today, in different light again . The third different light I've seen it in... (Rain, sunny and today bright but overcast) and I've liked it a bit more each time. I was thinking about changing to white.... But I'm staying put on. CG.... It does have a bit of green in it that normally I wouldn't like. Not a fan of green. But your right, this is different from the standard grey. And. I'm digging it. 🤘

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going out on a limb to say most people will be very, very happy. The Bronco will look amazing, people will be thrilled with their choice. These people who don't want their Bronco, don't have to buy it.

Sponsored

Enginerd

Badlands
First Name
Jani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 Sportback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stopped by a dealer today to check for myself since I have a CG on order. Here is a pic of three Bronco Sports in sunlight, silver, cactus gray, and area 51. In sun area 51 looks very blue, in shade it looks more unique to me. Long story short personally I'm sticking with cactus gray. Was hoping it would look closer to my nardo gray Audi but it's way lighter.
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 20210320_150718
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 20210320_150804
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 20180915_070855

20200604_191657.jpg

The_Bronc

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I almost did before I saw pics of the A51 and the CG. Did not like how blue the A51 was and the CG was too pale for my liking. Ended up picking OW and then putting decals/wraps later

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to a local Ford dealer to do some color shopping today and now I have no idea what color I want. I currently have A51 on order, but the sport they had did not look good. The AMB mustangs and trucks were ok but not as good as the pics I've seen recently. The fighter jet gray Mach 1 Mustang looked great.

The A51 looked a little turquoise. :sick: I'm hoping that it was because of the yellow pollen and overcast skies.
Same thing happened to me a few months back. I got off the A51 train real quick after that. Can’t handle the turquoise

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped by a dealer today to check for myself since I have a CG on order. Here is a pic of three Bronco Sports in sunlight, silver, cactus gray, and area 51. In sun area 51 looks very blue, in shade it looks more unique to me. Long story short personally I'm sticking with cactus gray. Was hoping it would look closer to my nardo gray Audi but it's way lighter.
I love that gray on the Audi

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its a polarizing color. It’s pretty awesome, but I promise anyone not knowing the paint name is cyber orange will call it yellow.

a bad ass, deep, metallic yellow with gold, bronze, orange pearl tones. It’s not flat looking at all in the sunlight.

even the pics I took- the camera picks up more orange than my naked eye did.
This will absolutely be a fun color for photographers.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 20200604_191657
I call it "BABYSHIT YELLOW" and I Love it. Thank my father for it's name. Very similar to the color on my F-100 in high school that had no metallic.
Sponsored