Sponsored

How many would be interested in a Bronco half cab pickup?

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Who do I write the check to!!!
Sponsored

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first gen had a usable short rear bed when you removed the back seat. Like having a small bed truck. This gen, no so much. The floor is not like a short truck bed.

Earlier I thought about making a custom bulk head panel and maybe buying someones unwanted mic top and customizing it for fun.

Tommy

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How many would be interested in a half cab option instead of a gladiator style new model?
I really like the idea but the market for it would be limited. i have a storey to tell if you are interested. This past summer I was driving to a golf course and on the way I notices a 1951 pickup the kind that my dad once owned. As i drove by I noticed the rear bumper was not stock just like my dad's old one. I thought for a second that it could ne my dad's vehicle but after 65 years what was the chance. I continued on my way for a round of golf with my buddies. On the way home as I drove by the pick up was still parked outside. I pulled over to the side of the road and went over to give it a look over. It was painted a dark brown but all in all it was in great shape and reminded me of my dad and the times we spent togethe. As i was looking a gentleman came out of his house and asked me what I was doing. I told him the story about the truck but my dads truck was painted yellow. He said that "I want to show you something ... he pulled open the front ben ts ... the were painted yellow. It wass my dad's truck! It must have been owned by several people before he owned it. I asked him if he would sell it and he would for $ 10,000.00. I am in a quandary. Go forward with my Bronco purchase or the Pickup. Can't afford both. We could use a new vehicle since I am giving ny daughter my Escape. My wife would not and I mean not go along in us having a 51 pickup for a daily driver. The price is right... needs some restorative work. I am thinking pastime job ... buy both. My wife says your 75 years old ... you don't need an old pickup.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Honest guess: Somewhere between 2,000-5,000 people. Who would all buy them in the first two model years offered.

Then they would rot on dealership lots to the point no dealership would order another one without a $5,000 deposit.

For a good time, go look at how Gladiator sales are doing right now. Ford doesn't need to spend a quarter billion dollars to produce a sub-model with a miserable take rate.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-jeep-gladiators-sales-numbers-are-failing-miserably/

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honest guess: Somewhere between 2,000-5,000 people. Who would all buy them in the first two model years offered.

Then they would rot on dealership lots to the point no dealership would order another one without a $5,000 deposit.

For a good time, go look at how Gladiator sales are doing right now. Ford doesn't need to spend a quarter billion dollars to produce a sub-model with a miserable take rate.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-jeep-gladiators-sales-numbers-are-failing-miserably/
Same source, but fresher:
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-2020-jeep-gladiator-has-been-a-pandemic-sales-success/

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really like the idea but the market for it would be limited. i have a storey to tell if you are interested. This past summer I was driving to a golf course and on the way I notices a 1951 pickup the kind that my dad once owned. As i drove by I noticed the rear bumper was not stock just like my dad's old one. I thought for a second that it could ne my dad's vehicle but after 65 years what was the chance. I continued on my way for a round of golf with my buddies. On the way home as I drove by the pick up was still parked outside. I pulled over to the side of the road and went over to give it a look over. It was painted a dark brown but all in all it was in great shape and reminded me of my dad and the times we spent togethe. As i was looking a gentleman came out of his house and asked me what I was doing. I told him the story about the truck but my dads truck was painted yellow. He said that "I want to show you something ... he pulled open the front ben ts ... the were painted yellow. It wass my dad's truck! It must have been owned by several people before he owned it. I asked him if he would sell it and he would for $ 10,000.00. I am in a quandary. Go forward with my Bronco purchase or the Pickup. Can't afford both. We could use a new vehicle since I am giving ny daughter my Escape. My wife would not and I mean not go along in us having a 51 pickup for a daily driver. The price is right... needs some restorative work. I am thinking pastime job ... buy both. My wife says your 75 years old ... you don't need an old pickup.
Get the truck back to its family, priceless.

flyfish

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD, 2016 Nissan 370z Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not for me, I want a 3/4, extended, king, access... cab. Need a spot for cargo behind the seats. Also, what would be cool is something like the Toyota FJ's, with that mini door.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The problem here is that you're both quoting click-bait

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not for me, I want a 3/4, extended, king, access... cab. Need a spot for cargo behind the seats. Also, what would be cool is something like the Toyota FJ's, with that mini door.
So that would work really well for a convertible SUV/pickup. Have the rear seats either fold forward against the front seats and the bulkhead slots behind them (or is attached to the bottom of the rear seats so it rotates up into place as the seats are folded forward) or have the rear seats easily removable for when in pickup mode. The bulkhead fits at the C pillar behind the suicide doors. This concept:
-allows a bit better access to the rear seats than a plain 2-door when in SUV mode (like an FJ)
-keeps a good amount of the overall length of the truck available to be bed
-keeps a little bit of cargo room in the cab when in pickup mode if desired

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wonder how many of those gladiator sales are people who wanted a wrangler but needed more towing capacity?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many would be interested, lots, how many would buy it???? Probably about as many as bought the Gen 1, not many.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My buddy and I are restoring this 71 half cab for a friend of ours.
I would love to have a newer version of this classic. By the way this is the original paint.
My buddy and I are restoring this 71 half cab for a friend of ours.
I would love to have a newer version of this classic. By the way this is the original paint.

Ford Bronco How many would be interested in a Bronco half cab pickup? 20201017_101428
20200301_145820.jpg

20201017_101417.jpg

20200816_132227.jpg
Sponsored