Sponsored

How many would be interested in a Bronco half cab pickup?

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope. Have a 17 Raptor crew that'll cover all my truck needs. If not for the Bronco I would be looking at the 22 Raptor . . . but I will be paying for the WT for the next 36 months so it'll be more like a 25 Raptor!
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Jeep Gladiator drives terribly as well.

It is unattractive to look at, expensive, space is sparce, small bed, and can't tow worth a damn. It is the epitome of a multi-useless vehicle.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest.
To be fair the max tow package is rated for more than the Ranger is, if not by much.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be fair the max tow package is rated for more than the Ranger is, if not by much.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jeep/gladiator/2021/2021-jeep-gladiator-pros-and-cons-review/

"I experienced more trailer anti-sway stability control intervention in a one-hour freeway drive behind the wheel of the Gladiator than I have in the entirety of my 12-year vehicle testing career. Every judge who trailered with a Gladiator experienced at least one near miss with an 18-wheeler when the trailer nearly jumped out of its lane and the Gladiator did nothing to stop it. Not a single judge ever wanted to trailer with a Gladiator again."

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jeep/gladiator/2021/2021-jeep-gladiator-pros-and-cons-review/

"I experienced more trailer anti-sway stability control intervention in a one-hour freeway drive behind the wheel of the Gladiator than I have in the entirety of my 12-year vehicle testing career. Every judge who trailered with a Gladiator experienced at least one near miss with an 18-wheeler when the trailer nearly jumped out of its lane and the Gladiator did nothing to stop it. Not a single judge ever wanted to trailer with a Gladiator again."
Yes but read the bottom- they were towing that 5200lb hardsided trailer without a WDH! Of course it was dangerous! They also admit down there that they didn't have that problem in thenfirst round of testing the year before - want to bet they were hooking it up safely the first time?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes but read the bottom- they were towing that 5200lb hardsided trailer without a WDH! Of course it was dangerous! They also admit down there that they didn't have that problem in thenfirst round of testing the year before - want to bet they were hooking it up safely the first time?
I don't really care that much to guess why or what caused the issue. Even without the trailer, they are terrible on the highway.

If I were spending $40-$60K on a truck, there are much, much better options. It is a solution to nobody's problem, IMO.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't really care that much to guess why or what caused the issue. Even without the trailer, they are terrible on the highway.

If I were spending $40-$60K on a truck, there are much, much better options. It is a solution to nobody's problem, IMO.
Apparently the Mojave with the softer front suspension has gone a long way to fixing the death wobble. Even so if you want highway manners then IFS is a much better option.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So.... a Ford Ranger?

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d rather Ford offer a basic roadster like this beauty.
56914C90-A19D-4EF7-9123-7D1B304F2EDB.jpeg
I'd be happy if Ford would just offer that color - a real non-metallic blue.

I'm guessing door inserts similar to that will be available from the aftermarket. You won't be able to get the wide open roadster feel in the new Bronco but at least your noggin won't be a crush zone if you roll over.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So.... a Ford Ranger?
It's missing a couple of key elements though. One should be very easy to fix given that it's now in the Bronco and would help it compete against the Taco and Gladiator.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no, No, NO!!!

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Jeep Gladiator drives terribly as well.

It is unattractive to look at, expensive, space is sparce, small bed, and can't tow worth a damn. It is the epitome of a multi-useless vehicle.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest.
The looks is subjective. I think they look funky with small wheels one them. But, so does every other off road oriented vehicle.

It’s the most spacious midsized truck, similar to the bronco, and matches or is best in class for towing and payload, within its class, depending on trim. The bed size is also comparable to other 4 door mid sized trucks. Certainly not useless.

The mid-sized truck class may not be your thing, but the Gladiator easily competes within this class. Plus you can take the top and doors off and I would argue it’s best off road option.

I tow a 6000lb trailer with mine without issue. Perfectly stable with a WTH and properly set up trailer.

The reason someone would want a bronco truck is because it’s fun. It’s awesome having a useful mid-sized truck that is also a convertible and goes anywhere.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Think i would rather see a new Rancho
EEE3F320-4C49-44E1-939A-81B9D226BB86.jpeg
I have been saying for years Ford needs to build a new Ranchero on the Mustang platform. Back seats in my 'Stang are useless anyway. A GT Ranchero with the 5.0 Coyote would rock.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How many would be interested in a half cab option instead of a gladiator style new model?
I purchased a Bronco First Edition July 12 build date. My wife seems to now be taking that from me. I can hear it in slight change in tone about the vehicle and I see where this is headed.
I really want the pick up version anyway. I hope they make this sooner than later. I will buy as soon as they are available to preorder.

Last edited:

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I loved mine...
10-19-05 002ps.jpg
The old Bronco pickups looked good because they were visually proportional. All the new renderings either have too many doors or a bed that's too long.