Sponsored

How much clearance does DV8 Fender Inners really give you? (answered)

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like a lot of people, I was intrigued... DV8 offering an alternative to a lift that allows my stock Sasquatch to fit 37's! Can this be true? If so, this would be ideal for me as someone who wants to stuff 37's with minimal lift and max articulation. In a nutshell, my goal is to fit 37's on stock Sasquatch without rubbing at max articulation and then purchase an extended travel shock and only crank up the lift 1-2 inches. The lift would purely be for ground clearance on top of the clearance from 37's and the extended travel would give me max articulation... So ideally, I can run 37's and have an extra 2-3 inches of ground clearance without messing up my angles that bad (I do have broncbuster parts and RCV's coming). Also, I would hopefully add to my travel giving me a goal of 10-12 inches of travel up front.. I digress.

So far I have done one side of the rear with the DV8 inner fender liners... It was an easy yet somewhat slow process of getting it to line up. I also sprayed on some rubberized coating to minimize rock "pinging" on the aluminum fender liners. After installing one side I took measurements of DV8 liners vs stock. I am pleased to announce that the rears do in fact open up the fender wells quite a bit (see below measurements). I would also add that even though some of the measurements seem like only a slight bit difference, my buddy has 37's on stock liners and Sasquatch and he rubs in the areas where the difference is much bigger and not at all where the difference is minimal. Seems like DV8 did their research... Also, the fender well as a whole is much more opened up and free of intrusions giving the tire much more room to articulate up into the well without hitting anything.

Cons: I do lament the price, I also dont like how only 3 bolts are holding the liner into place and that the fit and finish into the well is somewhat lacking.. It is covered up by the fender flares but if you look underneath you will see gaps between the liner and the fender.

Next up I am going to install the front liners and do the same measurements... Then I am going to put on the 37's and go out an articulate at my local offroad park to test. I am honestly expecting to rub my front body mount area but have a JKS Max Tire clearance kit just in case. Stay Tuned!

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you do the fronts, specifically the drivers, leave the bolts loose to get the mounting bolts lined up properly. I donā€™t think they got the front drivers 100% correct for fitment. I also skipped the reusing of the oem hardware in the front and back. I put rivet nuts where they wanted us to reuse the fasteners.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im actually gonna say the front was easier then the back... way more nuts but the install was smoother overall. I would also say that the front is in way less need for the inners then the rear as its already got a lot of room and the main issue it has is the body mounts being in the way (JKS Max Tire Clearance install to follow in a few weeks!). Here are the measurements... All measurements were taken with stock 35'' tires.

IMG_5194.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im actually gonna say the front was easier then the back... way more nuts but the install was smoother overall. I would also say that the front is in way less need for the inners then the rear as its already got a lot of room and the main issue it has is the body mounts being in the way (JKS Max Tire Clearance install to follow in a few weeks!). Here are the measurements... All measurements were taken with stock 35'' tires.

Ford Bronco How much clearance does DV8 Fender Inners really give you? (answered) IMG_5191

Ford Bronco How much clearance does DV8 Fender Inners really give you? (answered) IMG_5191

Im also gonna be the first to say it... DV8 messed up on the fronts... that spot where the grill looking thing is now exposed... not a technical issue but defiantly an eye sore. Looks very unfinished. Thankfully you can only see it if you look inside the wheel well. I think the JKS Max Tire kit eliminates that part but im not sure... stay tuned!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im also gonna be the first to say it... DV8 messed up on the fronts... that spot where the grill looking thing is now exposed... not a technical issue but defiantly an eye sore. Looks very unfinished. Thankfully you can only see it if you look inside the wheel well. I think the JKS Max Tire kit eliminates that part but im not sure... stay tuned!
If you go to 37s you will probably remove those pieces (they just bolt on) mine rubbed those plastic things even w/the wheelhouse removed. At some point I'm gonna make a plastic mudflap to fit that area, to keep mud or salt/snow from collecting in the bottom of the fender. DV8 could probably sell something like that as an update

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you go to 37s you will probably remove those pieces (they just bolt on) mine rubbed those plastic things even w/the wheelhouse removed. At some point I'm gonna make a plastic mudflap to fit that area, to keep mud or salt/snow from collecting in the bottom of the fender. DV8 could probably sell something like that as an update
Yea youā€™re right, going 37ā€™s in a few weeks I hope. Just wish like you said that it could be covered up for the mud, snow and water. Might have to fab up something

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry for the lack of posting. Iā€™m currently out of town away from Bronco. I did order some 37x12.5x17 through General Grabber. I got the ATXā€™s. Problem is they are back ordered. I should receive them sometime in December is what they tell me.

Sgoob

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37x, 2013 F-150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very curious how this turns out, like you I want minimal lift, 37s, and max articulation. Just planning my build while I wait!!

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look forward to more updates. Iā€™m hoping these have enough clearance to fit 35s on my non-squatch BD. Those rear control arm mounts and shock mounts REALLY need a little extra clearance.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you noticed much extra road noise since getting rid of the fabric liners?

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Look forward to more updates. Iā€™m hoping these have enough clearance to fit 35s on my non-squatch BD. Those rear control arm mounts and shock mounts REALLY need a little extra clearance.
You should be able to fit 35ā€™s by just removing the crash bars I believe but if not these definitely give you tire articulation clearance upwards.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you noticed much extra road noise since getting rid of the fabric liners?
None whatsoever as far as road noise. I will say that with my stock Sasquatch Goodyear tires (rock chuckers), I hear the rocks striking the liners as I travel down gravel roads at a fast speed. Barely enough to make me care and the rubberized coating I added greatly reducing any ā€œpingingā€ noise from them. Iā€™m sure with different tires that are less prone to chucking rocks, it will be even better. No road noise change though

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really tempted to grab the fronts for the BF sale, but in the end I decided I can wait to see what competition comes to market. Their rear shock skids though, I think they nailed that design so I jumped on that.

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah agreed this seems like a really nice solution. Keeps maximum articulation and optimal geometry while still being able to run bigger tires. Factory suspension has excellent road manners and I donā€™t really want to change it unless I have to.

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should be able to fit 35ā€™s by just removing the crash bars I believe but if not these definitely give you tire articulation clearance upwards.
From what Iā€™ve read it sounds like 35s will rub at full flex. Some folks have run 34s and found success, and I might end up going that route. Itā€™d be cool if these liners open it up enough for no lift and 35s, but I wonā€™t be complaining too much if I'm forced to upgrade shocks šŸ˜‚
Sponsored