Sponsored

How much dealer communications have you received?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Email and a phone call about 5 minutes after I reserved. Noncommittal answer regarding ADM and Xplan but the call was from their designated Bronco rep and was a step in the right direction. I'm happy with them so far.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't hear from my selected dealer either, but I didn't really expect to since they suck. I eventually reached out to them and I specific Internet Sales guy responded and since then he has been pretty good.

They could be overwhelmed.. or lazy... might what to reach out to see.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got am email from the sales guy and then from the owner of the dealership. Both seemed to be generic and automated. I sent am email but no response yet and I am thinking about going up there over the weekend to talk to them. I am not upset and honestly probably have more information than they do and that is not much...lol. Would like to find out if they plan on any ADM and if xplan or other offers might be available. There are a good number of Ford dealers local or within a hour drive so I doubt there will be much shenanigans going on.

7ToeJoe

Base
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350,F150,CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3 emails and 1 text from Tommie Vaughn in Houston.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received a single automatic reply type email.
Having said that I’m good friends/grew up with one of the owners and we have been texting back and forth.

Sponsored

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Phone call from the Internet Sales Manager that really didn't amount to much. Then a canned email from the General manager of the dealership. This is the same dealership that I bought my F-150 from in 2015 and tried to buy from again back in April but could not reach an agreement with. I'm glad now since I can wait for a Bronco. Anyway, I'm not one bit concerned about having real contact with them until I know what I want and can discuss it with a sales person who knows what he or she is talking about.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much communication is everyone receiving from the dealer they selected during the reservation process? I have not received any emails from the dealer I selected, which is a little concerning to me. I know if I was a salesperson, manager, or owner of a dealership and someone was placing a reservation to spend $40k - $50k on a vehicle, I would be reaching out excitedly to them with open arms and welcoming them to the team. The lack of communication from them has me wondering what sort of service I will get from them in the future if I choose to buy from them. This has also increased the probability of switching dealers while I have the opportunity.
Same here. Finally got a generic response after I reached out. Concern is growing.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got an automated reply from the General Manager right after my order. Later that morning an email from a sales rep asking to confirm my email to which I responded yes. A week later I called to speak to that sales rep and finally got the Sales Manager. He was vague and distant and asked me to confirm my reservation # and date. Once I did he acknowledged my reservation but still very vague and distant. I told him why I chose his dealership (just moved here from Hawaii and I am a Soldier). He said they would contact me later this year to make an order. I let it go and ended the call.
Once the build/price tool goes live I will work my different configurations and then contact them regarding ADM or X Plan pricing. If he is still on the vague and distant kick I will look for another dealer. It is obvious that he is already in negotiation mode on the price and I have to be on my game. He clearly does not want to be my friend!
Another issue: has anyone else only gotten one confirmation email from Ford? That is all I have received from them. I keep seeing people here talking about emails from Ford and I don't see them. Thanks,

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most of us who received an email only received a generic automated email.
I don't think it is of any concern that you haven't been contacted yet.

You being on this forum alone shows that you probably know more about the bronco than them. The only questions they can answer are specifically about their dealer but not the Bronco.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing for days until I finally sent an email to the Internet Department directly about 4 days after calling and leaving messages and getting no response.

After I sent the email I did get a call back with a voicemail asking me to come into the dealership and look at their inventory so we could determine exactly what I'm looking for. (Not kidding...)

Then the next day I did get an email response from the Internet Dept. manager saying no ADM for them but they don't yet know about any A/D/X Plan pricing. I wrote him back to ask about their dealer doc fee if there was no X-plan available and he wrote me back promptly and said their doc fee is $799 and it has to be paid on any plan. His quote was "I even had to pay it on D-plan."

Needless to say, we are not off to a good start. I sent him a link to Ford X-plan pricing and directed him to the page that dictates how much doc fee dealers can charge as part of the plan. I told him he shouldn't have paid it and maybe he should take that up with his managers. lol.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zero. I see no need until the build & price is up and running. Maybe no need until December.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved mine in the evening and got an email from a salesman first thing the next morning. "I am going to be your sales representative for your 2021 Bronco and I will be touching base with you regularly." He wasn't joking because in a few hours I got a text message, too, saying the same thing. Then a few days later at the end of the week, same thing, email and text. Then again Monday. By the following Thursday, I was ready to ask him to put some ice on his swelling. He's down to one email a week, none of which ever say anything more than what he first said. I asked him a few generic questions and his answers were always something like, "We're in the dark here too but let me know if you need anything!" Seems like he's just dotting T's and crossing I's until it's time to convert to a purchase order.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Zero communication. Will start calling around.
Ditto. But I DID get a Ford survey asking "How They Did" despite never getting a follow-up to my emails, form fills, or calls.

Hilltop Ford in Richmond California.

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One call 2 days after reservation then nothing else. He made a point to say that they will charge MSRP.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved mine the morning of 7/14, and received a dealer e-mail an hour and 20 minutes later. I sent a reply message introducing myself and thanking them, and received another e-mail minute later. So pretty good communication so far.
How much communication is everyone receiving from the dealer they selected during the reservation process? I have not received any emails from the dealer I selected, which is a little concerning to me. I know if I was a salesperson, manager, or owner of a dealership and someone was placing a reservation to spend $40k - $50k on a vehicle, I would be reaching out excitedly to them with open arms and welcoming them to the team. The lack of communication from them has me wondering what sort of service I will get from them in the future if I choose to buy from them. This has also increased the probability of switching dealers while I have the opportunity.

No communication to me with reservations at two separate dealerships
Sponsored